What's for dinner tonight?

Options

Replies

• Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Tonight is a cheat's stir fry - presliced veges, precooked turkey breast, stirfry sauce, soft noodles and a few cashews for crunch. Nom!
  • dmanning0819
    dmanning0819 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    If I ate alot for breakfast and lunch, I eat a light supper. Usually, I have Special K cereal and 1 cup of Vanilla Almond Milk.

For Dinner tonight:

Taco Salads
    Lettuce, tomato, taco shells, lean hamburger, light cheese, sour cream, black olives.

Dinner Tomorrow:

1 cup(s) pecans
    2 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
    1 teaspoon(s) dried thyme
    1 teaspoon(s) paprika
    1 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
    Cayenne
    1 egg
    2 tablespoon(s) water
    4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    3 tablespoon(s) cooking oil
    1 cup(s)light mayonnaise
    2 tablespoon(s) grainy or Dijon mustard
    1/2 teaspoon(s) white-wine vinegar
    1/2 teaspoon(s) splenda
    2 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh parsley

Directions
    1.In a food processor, pulse the pecans with the cornstarch, thyme, paprika, 1 1/4 teaspoons of the salt and 1/8 teaspoon cayenne until the nuts are chopped fine. Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl.
    2.Whisk together the egg and the water in a small bowl. Dip each chicken breast into the egg mixture and then into the nut mixture.
    3.In a large nonstick frying pan, heat the oil over moderate heat. Add the chicken to the pan and cook for 5 minutes. Turn and continue cooking until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes longer.
    4.Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, sugar, parsley, a pinch of cayenne and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Serve the chicken with the mustard dipping sauce.

Also serve with steamed broccli and you can even add cheese to your broccli really low cal, if you watch your portions.
  • sofitheteacup
    sofitheteacup Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Tonight is turkey meatloaf, roasted butternut squash and 3 oz of a sweet potato.

I use the lean 93/7 ground turkey, salsa (I use hot because I love heat), onion, red and yellow pepper diced, 3 egg whites, and about a 1/2 cup of italian bread crumbs. Low in fat and insanely filling! If you have calories to spare i love melting a slice of swiss cheese on top of my slice.

This sounds amazing, I'll need to try it!... with mild salsa. :P

Dinner tonight is either leftovers from yesterday (baked tilapia crusted with tortilla chipotle lime crust with taco rice and broccoli) or if my chicken is defrosted by the time I get hungry, I'll make buffalo chicken in the crock pot and eat it with bleu cheese, probably with crackers or on lettuce, since I don't have bread.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Steak & Sweet Potato Salad
  • nattief83
    nattief83 Posts: 35
    Options
    iv just eaten jacket spud, with marg, tuna and salad cream. It was bloody lovely and i have enough cals to eat it again but i cant as got no more spuds lol
  • katkat1717
    katkat1717 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    spaghetti squash with homemade veggie-tomato sauce. and a side salad. i usually get most of my protein in the breakfast lunch time, so to keep it even i try to do a veggies-full dinner!

066.jpg

HOLY MOLY! that picture turned out huge!!!
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Chicken... but I am still undecided as to how to make it. Kind of sick of the same ol' same ol'.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Chicken Fajitas!

Boneless Skinless chicken breasts
    green peppers
    red peppers
    onions
    Lettuce
    tomatoes
    tortilla (although flour, I only intend on eating 1 with another serving of "filling" as a salad)
  • mzhokie
    mzhokie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Part of my problem is I have planned out this weekend because we have company with small kids. So I can't fix those things tonight.

I got some good ideas that I can now brainstorm with. Some days I just have a hard time thinking outside of the box when it comes to dinner.

This is one of my go to's that we had last night: Chicken in a White Wine Sauce.

Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
    1 can of cream of chicken - low fat or healthy request (which ever works with your diet)
    1/2 can of white wine
    dried thyme
    low fat swiss cheese slices
    italian seasoned bread crumbs.

Place the chicken in a baking dish - season with S&P
    mix soup and wine together, add some dried thyme (I don't measure) S&P
    Place slices of cheese over the chicken..... I used 1 1/2 slices per chicken breast because I like the cheese flavor
    Pour soup mixture over the cheese and chicken
    Lightly sprinkle the bread crumbs over top to cover the soup mixture

I spray the bread crumbs with either I Can't Believe It's Not Butter or PAM (the recipe called for drizzling melted butter)

Bake at 350 for at least 45 mins.

I serve this with steamed broccoli... some of the cheese sauce is yummy over the broccoli!

Last night my dinner was 500 calories.
  • Shyster2005
    Shyster2005 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    No idea on "What's for dinner tonight". I'm thinking "fend for yourself" night.

We have that at my house too! We call it "FFYS"
  • smilewithkatherine
    smilewithkatherine Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Tonight it's veggie burger night.
  • SabrinaG1986
    SabrinaG1986 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    BBQ'd Ribeyed Steak and Skinny Taste Scalloped potatoes and salad.
  • MrsORourke
    MrsORourke Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    We're grilling Tilapia & veggies - and will have a side of seasoned brown rice. Fish is a staple.
  • debbiestine
    debbiestine Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Gortons' grilled shrimp (110cal, 3gfat, 16g protein) for 8 shrimp! plus quinoa and roasted veggies. mmmm
  • greyt2bfit
    greyt2bfit Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    A belated St. Paddy's day meal - portion appropriate of course!
  • sjmgde
    sjmgde Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    taco pizza for 248 calories per piece YUUUUUUUMMMMMM
  • ackkk
    ackkk Posts: 16
    Options
    I cooked 4 chicken breasts in the crock pot this weekend w BBQ sauce ( a recipe I found here), then shredded it & let them soak up the sauce. We used it for tacos, & on salads Now tonight we are using it in "stuffed peppers" with1/8 c of lofat cheese on top. There's still over 2 cups of chix left so plan to freeze the rest...
  • AMIS456
    AMIS456 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Sweet Potato & Caramelized onion Frittata with salad! 1/4 pie is 210 calories + load up on pretty much as much salad as I want :)
  • mozartsghost
    Options
    whole wheat spaghetti
  • Amy_Lee_2012
    Amy_Lee_2012 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Same as always- Boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked in my George Foreman Grill, one carrot and green beans, 1/2 cap of Extra Virgin olive oil, cracked black pepper and Italian seasoning, and 2 glasses of water :)