Those who are not overweight but are still trying to lose

Options

Replies

• maria_jason
    maria_jason Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I originally wanted to lose 8 lbs but then decided 10 was a better number. I was having a hard time after 5 lbs lost. I then, increased my calorie intake a little and the rest of the weight is coming off. I set my goal to lose only 1/2 lb a week. Since I am at a healthy weight I try not to let myself become to consumed by the number on the scale. :)
  • jwaitman
    jwaitman Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I am definitely in this category. Feel free to add me if you like. Still fighting the last 10 pounds to get where I used to be.:happy:
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    me!!!! i'm 5'8 and was always at 150ish then gained about 10+ pounds from being lazy and my eating habits catching up to me so heaviest was 164. i'm now at 150ish and my ultimate goal is to be at 130. it does take much longer for us!!

i've been eating at my bmr and when i exercise i do eat back most of my exercise calories. i've also been doing a bit of strength training not a whole lot but more than i used to!!
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those. I weighed 125 when I started and I weighed 119 last time I weighed. I would like to be at 110. I am 5ft 3inches. Mostly concerned about the belly/butt and I haven't weighed myself since March 1st.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, I'm definitely in this category too. These last few are holding on TIGHT.

I have about 5 more to go, and holey moley it's difficult.
  • btterry
    btterry Posts: 21
    Options
    I'm in the normal weight range now and my goal is 145 and I'm at 151 now. The only reason I'm going lower is that I still hold more
    Weight in my stomach area and I have a smaller frame
  • lk27
    lk27 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Me! I have lost about 7-9 (depending on the day- my weight fluctuates) pounds so far. I want to lose about 7 more. I'm not so concerned with the # though. I want to look good in a bathing suit! I alternate strength and cardio. Feel free to add me!
  • Homer3D
    Homer3D Posts: 318
    Options
    I am 5'8 and I started out around 189. I wouldn't say I was "overweight".

MFP worked exactly as it stated it would. I was able to lose 1 lb a week on average. But once I hit my goal weight (165lb) I changed the settings to maintain. And so far I bounce back and forth from 165-167. I am actually not trying to lose any more weight. I work out more to tone up my body.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Meeeee! Holy cow, yes it's hard. I just want to lose 10 more pounds, and short of a miracle it ain't happening!
  • SusannaTuttaPanna
    Options
    Me too! I want to lose around 8-10 lbs, but it's difficult for me to eat 1200 calories every day and I think staying under those 1200 calories is the reason why I am not losing weight at all. On days when I work out I try to eat as many calories back but it's not always easy. I'm not sure what to do.. I just keep telling myself it's because my muscles are getting so heavy from all the running ;-)
  • 000WhiteRose000
    000WhiteRose000 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    My recommondation is to crank up the exercise.
  • sarafit926
    sarafit926 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Oh hey -- that's me! I've been slightly overweight but lost about 15 pounds in the past three years. I'm trying to lose the last 10 and it's incredibly stubborn; I'm also trying to set PRs for half-marathons and lose body fat, so I know it's not just a scale game.

Feel free to add me!
  • blgerig
    blgerig Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I've lost almost 10 and want to lose 5 more to get down to 135 - think I've stalled with these last 5 to lose! Plan to kick up my exercise as I am training for some summer runs anyway. I also need to focus on getting more quality calories - less from alcohol/ fat/ sugar. It's been hard lately as I have been traveling a lot for work! My diary is open, anyone can feel free to add me!
  • sc_wildcat1
    Options
    I have been trying to lose 20 also, the first 10 came off fairly easy. These last 20 are ridiculous, they just won't budge. It doesn't seem to matter how much I exercise or diet either.
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose 5lbs...but it is not a must. I think if I can continue to tone my butt up, I won't care what the scale says. But, it would be fun to stand on it and have it say 5lbs less!!
  • babareeba
    babareeba Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    in this boat. trying to loose last 3 kg (about 7 lbs), but... stuck.
  • babareeba
    babareeba Posts: 74 Member
    Options

BTW, I am working on cutting my body fat by the last 4%. At 12% now, working to get to 8%

how could you be any leaner than 12%?! :smile:

regards from 25%
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

BTW, I am working on cutting my body fat by the last 4%. At 12% now, working to get to 8%

regards from 25%

guys are naturally lower in body fat. women have essential fat of 10-13%, men 3-5%.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options

regards from 25%

As Eric said. I am a male, so 12% still leaves me with a gut. My stretch goal is 6%.

I know the Lemon on wheels can throw people thru a loop, I will change it one of these days, lol
  • jac2lyn
    jac2lyn Posts: 90
    Options
    Im still trying to lose about 5-8 pounds. Its hard to take the last few off. I know what to do to lose weight and be healthy (im a personal trainer) but it is sooo hard to do it for myself. Im in no way overweight but have vanity pounds that I hate and make me uncomfortable.

You can add me!!:smile: