The healthy 'ice cream' love it.

Options

Replies

• scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Their cookies and cream pint contains:

Cookies & Cream:
    INGREDIENTS: PURIFIED WATER, WHEY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, ORGANIC CANE SUGAR, CHICORY ROOT, DUTCH PROCESSED COCOA POWDER WITH ALKALI, GUAR GUM, XANTHAN GUM, NATURAL FLAVORS, SEA SALT, MONK FRUIT CONCENTRATE.

For a 'food substitute' I'm rather impressed. It's not chock full of crap I can't pronounce as most are...

Thanks for the info, OP!

ETA correctly spelled word. :P
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Oooo! I am going to pick some up at Sprouts later!
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    gotta watch the sodium...
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Wanna trade?

2012-03-07%25252018.25.42.jpg

I share one of these with my roomie at least once a month. It really helps my cravings.
  • MystiqueASAP
    Options
    I will have to try this. Thanks.
  • drmnofsun
    drmnofsun Posts: 10
    Options
    We make "fluff" from the Eat to Live book. It's super simple and tastes good. Freeze UNPEELED bananas in a ziplock bag. Slice them into a blender/processor. Add 1/4 cup light vanilla soy milk for every banana. Blend it. We top ours with ~1-2 TBS ground flax seed. It's around 150 calories per serving. It's a cheaper alternative to a lot of the "healthy" frozen treats out there, too.
  • jamesdc71
    jamesdc71 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I make my own using an icecream maker, add low or no fat greek or what ever yogurt I fancy then simply add a bit of flavoring or I'll blend some fresh berries to a pulp in a blender and add, I make about 10 tubs at a time and store in the freezer & best bit is I know exactly what is in it & can make pretty much any flavor I want :)
  • runs_in_heels
    runs_in_heels Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    this looks awesome!
    (who knows if i'll actually like it, but it's worth a try!)

thanks for the tip and the "let it soften first" tip!
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Hmm that stinks that you didn't like it. It helps my cravings a lot and i don't crave regular ice cream at all.

Yeah. I really wanted to like it. It was a huge disappointment.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    We make "fluff" from the Eat to Live book. It's super simple and tastes good. Freeze UNPEELED bananas in a ziplock bag. Slice them into a blender/processor. Add 1/4 cup light vanilla soy milk for every banana. Blend it. We top ours with ~1-2 TBS ground flax seed. It's around 150 calories per serving. It's a cheaper alternative to a lot of the "healthy" frozen treats out there, too.

You eat the peels? Isn't that kind of bitter?
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    OK, agreed, but you are calling it healthy. Low calorie doesn't automatically equal healthy.

Damn elizabeth she has been here for all of 11 posts. Why don't you wait until she isn't wet behind the ears to let your personality ......... shine?

OP, Don't be discouraged. Finding replacements for the foods you love is a huge part of this lifestyle change. If you love Arctic Zero, then enjoy it! And thanks for spreading the word to others who are also looking for lower calorie treats!

:flowerforyou:
    I am glad we are friends.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options

When I want ice cream with less calories I get the Ben & Jerry's Fro Yo.

When I want ice cream with low cals I ignore the craving because there is no since wasting cals on crappy frozen skim milk ice crystals.

Save them for the good stuff its so much more worth it
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    OK, agreed, but you are calling it healthy. Low calorie doesn't automatically equal healthy.

Damn elizabeth she has been here for all of 11 posts. Why don't you wait until she isn't wet behind the ears to let your personality ......... shine?

OP, Don't be discouraged. Finding replacements for the foods you love is a huge part of this lifestyle change. If you love Arctic Zero, then enjoy it! And thanks for spreading the word to others who are also looking for lower calorie treats!

:flowerforyou:

Awww. I like you.
  • jrodx2
    jrodx2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried the other ones but I love the Strawberry flavor! I also do the same as everyone else, I let it sit out for a bit before eating it so it softens. It makes a difference, at least to me lol.

--
    Follow my FB Fitness Page!
    Be stronger than your excuses: Recipes and inspiration for a healthier life
    www.facebook.com/excusesareeasy
  • iluxoxo211
    iluxoxo211 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    If you want healthy ice cream try this..
    take a banana and slice in 1/2 slices and put in freezer and then put in food processor for about 5 mins and it becomes like a ice cream and you can add fresh strawberries or Peanutbutter..mmm :bigsmile: :heart:
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options

Dont be such a Debbie Downer. I think we all understood she didnt mean healthy as in fruit, veggies and protein healthy. Why you gotta be the health inspector?

^^ this
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I eat Turkey Hill Vanilla Bean fat free, sugar free "ice cream". I wouldn't call something containing splenda healthy, but I actually like it more than some real ice creams and it's 70 calores/serving so I don't care.
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    frozen banana, choc protein powder, blender, eat straight from blender -Healthy icecream
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Thans, I will have to look for this!
  • Glamour60Xtreme
    Options
    (I shouldn't be calling it "healthy" exactly, but it's healthIER.) Has anyone tried the ice cream brand "Arctic Zero"? They are pint sized tubs of ice cream or what they like to call "Ice cream replacement" ... they're a little more on the italian ice side, yet a little more creamy, and they are only 150 PER PINT. Compare that with a Ben and Jerry's ice cream pint, which can carry up to 1,200 calories. They've got a variety of flavors and one pint usually lasts me 2 days because it really satisfies. Perfect for a sweet tooth. I recommend the peanut butter chocolate flavor. They can be kind of pricey, mine was like $4.50 but purchasing it once in a while can't hurt. You can usually find it at health stores like Whole Foods.. I found mine at a place called Plum Market.

Note: Don't expect to find chunks of peanut butter or chocolate, or chunks of anything, but hey -- if those were included it wouldn't be as healthy as it is. Here's the nutrition facts of a whole pint:

PER PINT:
    Calories- 150
    Fat- 0
    Cholesterol- 40
    Sodium - 320
    Carbs - 24
    Sugars - 20
    Protein - 14
    Fiber - 8

Here's the site...
    www.arcticzero.com

I've heard that this was great and was going to try it EVENTUALLY, but I'm the type of person that if I don't have it in my house, I won't eat it! lol But it is a great alternitive to ben & jerrys!