eating breakfast?

Options

Replies

• NBabi91
    NBabi91 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I have three egg whites with one slice of low sodium cheese. I eat it on two slices of the pepperidge farms very thin wheat bread. I love it =]
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Most days my go to breakfast is oatmeal, usually a piece of toast with it or some fruit in the oatmeal or in the side. Another go to favorite is an egg white omelet with peppers, spinach, black beans, usually fruit on the side.

A quick breakfast I will eat something like Oikos plain greek yogurt, I usually I stir something into it, sometimes jam/jelly or this sugar free fruit glaze I have, fruit on the side or in the yogurt, sometimes it's an Atkins bar for breakfast if it's really quick and have to get going.

This morning I had a pear and an Atkins bar so far. I will go for a long walk in a bit, then come back and probably do up a small omelet for protein and to re-charge.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I mainly eat some carbs...to get my brain going. I eat some cinnamon raisin toast usually because it is just convenient to grab and go for work. I can pop it into the toaster once I am at work...

Today I was bad though and had a BLT on dark rye....
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Despite what many will say eating breakfast does not speed metabolic rate, and if you are training with weight later in the day it can be very beneficial to skip. Depending on when the last meal was though I would be inclined to take in some coffee and cream to prevent shutdown of the mtor pathway which preserves lean muscle during fasting. From the most current research I have been reviewing 14 hours is what provides the max benefit from intermittent fasting without any harm to lean mass. My first real meal is not until 12pm and I have seen better fat loss with this method of using intermittent fasting for stubborn fat deposits.
  • mjm820
    mjm820 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    quaker weight control oatmeal
  • FatDadSlim
    FatDadSlim Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Usually Muesli with a protein shake at 7am then Greek yoghurt, honey, pumpkin/sunflower seeds and blueberries all mixed together at 10am
  • kissy28wv
    kissy28wv Posts: 74
    Options
    Spray soup/cereal bowl with cooking spray pour in 4tbsp egg-whites microwave for 1:30 min meanwhile toast low cal bread make into a sandwich (I like a fat-free cheese slice and 2 pre-made turkey bacon slices on mine) total takes less than 5 minutes to make and you can eat it in the car.
  • Andrea_McQ
    Andrea_McQ Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I eat oatibix with lf milk, a spoon of superfood breakfast topper and a small bit of nutella. If I'm not feeling like the oats I make a 1 or 2 egg omelette with some smoked salmon or a tiny bit of chorizo. Definitely feel better if I eat something, but I do try to eat mid morning rather than early as otherwise I'm looking for lunch by 11am and have no cals left by dinnertime! :-)
  • jodi1215
    jodi1215 Posts: 5
    Options
    One day I will eat a banana with 1tbs. of natural peanut butter spread on it and the next day I'll eat 1 egg w/ alittle ketchup on it. The protein really helps with my energy level.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I usually make a big batch of whole wheat pancakes and homemade turkey sausage on the weekend. I freeze leftovers and just reheat pancakes/sausage in the morning for breakfast before work.
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Despite what many will say eating breakfast does not speed metabolic rate, and if you are training with weight later in the day it can be very beneficial to skip. Depending on when the last meal was though I would be inclined to take in some coffee and cream to prevent shutdown of the mtor pathway which preserves lean muscle during fasting. From the most current research I have been reviewing 14 hours is what provides the max benefit from intermittent fasting without any harm to lean mass. My first real meal is not until 12pm and I have seen better fat loss with this method of using intermittent fasting for stubborn fat deposits.

you can go for 3 days of fasting before lean mass is lost....
  • catwomanclaws
    catwomanclaws Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am like a lot of people on here...I don't like eating breakfast. However, I do my workouts in the morning and I need to eat something before I go. Since I like to do as little as possible when I first get up, it has to be easy. I go for 1/2 cup of lowfat cottage cheese and a thin wheat bagel with 1 T of Ricotta cheese on it. It took me awhile to realize that you don't have to eat traditional breakfast foods for breakfast.....pick what works for you, whatever healthy thing that might be.
  • Irishjewel
    Irishjewel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am a breakfast eater and am not a person to eat the same day after day! Mc Canns Oatmeal with blueberries, strawberries, maybe some flaxseed or dollop of greek yogurt (varies), or an egg (somehow) with Arnolds Melba Thin Rye, center cut bacon, half grapefruit (only ruby red)! or if lazy bowl of cereal, usually Cinnamon Life with Almond Milk. But to me breakfast is important, than my lunch is much smaller. Not much of a carb person so I eat a fair amount of protein and carbs here and there. Been 10 months and lost 65 pounds as of this past weekend. Have 10 to go!
  • cookiet83
    cookiet83 Posts: 30
    Options
    Depending on how i feel in the mornings i usually have toast with peanut butter, cereal, youhurt or porridge. But i always make sure i have something :)
  • quiltbugj
    quiltbugj Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I try to eat within 30 minutes of getting up to keep my blood sugar steady. I have cottage cheese with chia seeds, nuts and reduced sugar fruit spread. Usually keeps me until lunch.
  • SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Soaked oatmeal (1/4 cup dry) soak it in water over night.... it absorbs the water, cooks faster and bulks up the oatmeal with water. I usually put 1/2 a banana, a couple of almonds and some milk on that.

Toasted Ezekial bread with peanut butter and honey.

One egg cooked in a non-stick skillet with one piece of Ezekial bread toast.

Fruit and yogurt.

Eggs Rancheros ... put some salsa, ranchero sauce or salsa verde into a VERY SMALL skillet. Heat until just bubbling. Turn down heat, break an egg into it. Splash salsa over egg to cook. Eat in a whole wheat tortilla with cheese or sour cream if you are feeling splurgy.

On super busy mornings, I will eat a Lara Bar or Kashi granola bar with a 1/2 cup milk.

I drink about 3 cups of black coffee every day.

I just got some of that delicious looking dark chocolate philly cream cheese. I am thinking chocolate strawberry toast? Then maybe blending some of it into greek yogurt for Chocolate Cheesecake yogurt.

I feel like I have breakfast down... lunch is a challege. I am a teacher and have less than 30 minutes to eat, so I have to pack something quick and healthy. So far, that is A LOT of sandwiches, salads and sometimes leftovers.
  • lizzzylou
    lizzzylou Posts: 325
    Options
    I can't function without breakfast in the morning, and I LOVE eggs. They seem to keep my filled up until noon; but I am the person who wakes up at the last possible moment to be able to make it out the door. To counter this, on Sunday night I make about a dozen hard boiled eggs and just leave them in the fridge for the week. If I'm really on my game I'll peel them the night before so I can just walk out the door with them. I have a girlfriend who doesn't like the yolks so she'll just eat the white and throw the yolks away as an option.
  • joaniegray
    joaniegray Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    1/2 english muffin toasted,
    1 oz cheddar cheese melted with one tablespoon milk. spread half of this on english muffin.
    On top of that add a poached egg and on top of that the rest of the melted cheese. Tastes a lot like eggs benedict. I got this recipe from an old weight watchers cookbook.
  • DRees10
    DRees10 Posts: 16
    Options
    If you can't eat breakfast, try and have a protein shake / meal replacement shake.

I drink them regularly and I really enjoy them. I have also had weetabix with semi skimmed milk over the past few weeks too.
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    you can go for 3 days of fasting before lean mass is lost....
    I am talking max benefit, not actual lean mass loss, after the 14 hour mark the mtor receptor tends to shut down in the absence of some form of nutritional intake. I am aware that you can take it much further and yes there is a benefit from a fat loss perspective for doing so however I do not like to take it to that point and am only looking for the point of max benefit but this was not the point of this post so I will leave it at that.