Do you get hit on now that you have lost weight?

Options

Replies

• catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I get hit on by younger guys now. I was never "big" but I have changed quite a bit. So I get lots of 20-somethings trying to get my number. Like seriously?? I could be your mom, little boy! I'm not into younger guys at all.
  • thump418
    thump418 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say hit on, but I do notice people looking at me more now. It makes me feel good.
  • heidiberr
    heidiberr Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I do get hit on more--checked out more--etc. It's a very very flattering experience, but I hate how it's so shallow--it's not for me as a person--it's for my bod. My friends and fiance actually think it's funny cause I go off on rants about not wanting to get hit on. My fiance thinks it's awesome he gets the hot chick though.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    No, I never get hit on. I am feeling depressed now. :cry:

C'mere, Rammstein, I got some ramming...uh...what...hey...huh?
    This is mild stuff compared to what goes on at some gyms. I've heard horror stories of "action" going down in the shower.

I have a lot of gay friends (I used to work in the theatre and graduated with an BFA in performance) and the stories I could tell you. You would never EVER go in the steam room again. Ever.

As far as getting hit on? I havne't lost enough weight for anyone to hit on me. Not even my wife!
  • avibachar
    avibachar Posts: 47
    Options
    I don't have any more guys hitting on me than I did before ;)
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I do by far, but hadnt been out to get noticed for a long time and wasnt single before that.
    Im enjoying the attention, but I am way more confident and outgoing than I was. Some of that is due to weight loss but more so to getting my health back.. I just feel good and love to have fun and make others laugh.. So of course men are more attracted to that than a shy woman..
  • LeslieMDoyle
    LeslieMDoyle Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Okay, I know that being an intelligent, independent woman, I should be offended that men would only notice me if I lost weight. But in all honesty, that's one of the reason's I'm losing the weight...to catch a guy's eye once in awhile.

The fact is, I too am disgusted with myself for not taking better care of myself in the last 15+ years. And once I have mastered taking better care of myself, heck yeah I want folks to notice.

There are days at my current weight of 231 lbs that I feel sexy. I know that most people may not recognize it or even take the time to notice because I'm the fat one, the smart one, the Christian one, the modest one, the single parent, the computer geek, etc. I just think folks will know me better when my body matches my personality. Of course, it won't make me any less smart, Christian, modest, etc. :wink:
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Nope! I don't think I've ever been hit on... :grumble:

(the smelly truckers I encounter at work don't count.)

Or maybe I just don't know what getting hit on is anymore? :laugh:
    How YOU doin ?!?
  • DalexD
    DalexD Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I think so... I've been noticing that I'm "getting noticed" a lot lately... but I also think it has to do with the aura that you put out there. If I'm feeling down, sad, or lonely... NOTHING... but when I'm feeling confident and happy... it happens often... random smiles... or a stray hello here and there... I wouldn't say it necessarily has to do with weight loss because I haven't lost a pound in MONTHS! :happy:

Random smiles is considered flirting...? :huh: I grew up in a wee village, and everyone smiles at everyone there; and I still do that. Does that mean people I smile at think I'm... flirting with them? D:
  • pixieakabigd
    Options
    "[/quote]
    I fail to see how it's sad or shallow, the majority of people will be attracted to a slimmer/fitter person than a bigger one, it's human nature.

What is sad is not to look after yourself and ending up being overweight and unhealthy as a result.
    [/quote]"

It's not human nature, it's because of the media. 100's of years ago, people were attracted to obese people as they were considered wealthy and powerful. People are attracted to what is rare and considered 'unique'. These days, with our abundance of calorie-laden food & incessant TV watching, people admire those who they consider to be 'healthy' and what they deem as self-controlled. ie. slim. Hence, the demonising of fat or obese people. Trouble is, not all skinny people are healthy and not all overweight people are unhealthy!

I can identify with the original author that I have always been treated differently according to my weight and I understand what you mean by it being 'sad' that people treat you differently, according to how many lb's of fat you have on your thighs! When you think about it, it really is bizarre. As an adult, my lowest weight has co-incided with my most stressful time of life. But people thought I finally looked great and "healthy". Men hit on me constantly and I knew it was because I lost weight and I both loved and hated it at the same time.

At my current weight, I am probably in the "frumpy" category. I used to live in the South of France and there, looks are everything. So a few years ago, I was 'somebody' because I looked the part, went to exclusive parties and mixed with "important" people. Then my husband and I went back last summer, pale and overweight, and we weren't allowed into the exclusive places anymore!

It's almost like I have moved up and down 'leagues' according to my weight.

At the time, it was hurtful but I can laugh about it now and finally am feeling more comfortable in myself. Yes, I have a few pounds to lose to be within what is considered a healthy BMI, but I no longer want part of the imaginary exclusive club where all the skinny desirables are. I love my imperfect body and my imperfect life and my imperfect friends :)
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I think so... I've been noticing that I'm "getting noticed" a lot lately... but I also think it has to do with the aura that you put out there. If I'm feeling down, sad, or lonely... NOTHING... but when I'm feeling confident and happy... it happens often... random smiles... or a stray hello here and there... I wouldn't say it necessarily has to do with weight loss because I haven't lost a pound in MONTHS! :happy:

Random smiles is considered flirting...? :huh: I grew up in a wee village, and everyone smiles at everyone there; and I still do that. Does that mean people I smile at think I'm... flirting with them? D:
    '

I think it depends... I don't necessarily think it's "flirting" per se... I think it's more of a friendly gesture that maybe wasn't generally returned in the past... so they are noticing SOMETHING... not necessarily flirting... no.
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    No, I never get hit on. I am feeling depressed now. :cry:

C'mere, Rammstein, I got some ramming...uh...what...hey...huh?

I have now officially be hit on. I feel so special. :flowerforyou:
  • pen2u
    pen2u Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Lol, I'm almost 60 years old, so they're (mostly) old guys my age or so. And by "hit on" I mean they now hold a door open for me or strike up a conversation in the coffee line whereas before they'd look right through me (that pesky mid/old-age invisible woman syndrome; if you're not drop dead gorgeous or skanky you're completely invisible to guys who themselves may have seen better days.) Occasionally a pup will actually flirt, surprised to see a woman his mom's age feeling good about her looks/fitness, I suppose. Or just pervy (when I realised I was old enough to be David Beckham's mum I was a bit stunned.) DH thinks it's hilarious, or so he claims.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I haven't read but few of the comments on the first page... but I want to point out something (if it hasn't already been pointed out) that it may or may not have anything to do with the actual weight loss... I know for me, the first time I lost weight I was WAY more confident and out going... perhaps that is also the same with your friend... she is exuding a confidents that wasn't there before and it's that confidence that is attracting others to her.
  • SlimSammy2012
    Options
    Actually, I get hit on almost everyday now that I let my natural Grey/White hair is grown out. I've colored my hair for over 24 years (54 now) because of being a working Management Professional. So many woman now hit on me! I wish I knew that back when!! The weight loss helps me to be healthier not to get chicks!

For women though it unfortunatley is a big thing I would think.
  • ChihakuZeal
    Options
    No I don't but I really don't care. Compliments from friends and family is enough for me. ^_^
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options

Or maybe I just don't know what getting hit on is anymore? :laugh:

I'll gladly show you. :tongue:

Please bring pie charts and graphs!!!

or Pie and alcohol.... :tongue:
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I'm down 20 lbs, and I've noticed that people are starting to check me out, it's been so long so it's kind of a nice feeling, and my hubby has been hitting on me more. :blushing:

I think it also has to do with my new found confidence.
  • shine_
    shine_ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I think I actually got hit on more before I lost the weight! According to my guy friends it's because I'm so fit now that guys think I'm out of their league hahaha. They're trying to make me feel better I think!!
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I've always gotten hit on, that hasn't changed.

What's changed is that people that I've known for years and years are now suddenly showing an interest.