Do you get hit on now that you have lost weight?

Options
12346»

Replies

• nutandbutter
    Options
    I haven't noticed a difference. But I've always attracted the crazies when I go out. My husband always tells me not to smile at people because they think I want to talk to them. And I always end up talking to them.
  • zoodalia
    zoodalia Posts: 294
    Options
    Am I the only person who doesn't think it's shallow that people are hit on more after losing weight. I find fit, healthy men more attractive than overweight men - why does that make me shallow? Personality is extremely important, but so is fancying someone physically!
  • ThisisMiss
    ThisisMiss Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Oddly enough, I was hit on a lot while at a heavier size... by all types of men as well. I think the comment about being less intimidating might be true for me too lol
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I haven't noticed a difference. But I've always attracted the crazies when I go out. My husband always tells me not to smile at people because they think I want to talk to them. And I always end up talking to them.

^^^ Ive seen this in action - if there is a FREAK in the bar - they are all over her!!
  • leanneakaliz
    leanneakaliz Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I find that im probably more approachable etc but not because im skinnier and have lost weight but because im more comftable in myself and have a lot more confidence I think confident women that are bigger will get "hit on" more than skinny women who arent etc.
  • WhatDoesLisa
    Options
    I can't wait for that day, I don't care how shallow that makes me sound!
  • DAM_Fine
    DAM_Fine Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not I still get hit on. And the age range is amazing - youngest so far was 26, oldest was 63. :laugh:
  • Ender928
    Ender928 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, just wondering, now that some of you have lost weight, do you see any changes to the way guys talk to you, more approachable? get more numbers etc?

The reason im asking because yesterday a friend of mine and i were talking about how ever since she lost weight, guys are starting to take more notice of her which is pretty sad really how people can be that shallow.

so yeah tell me your story.

It could also be that your friend is more outgoing and confident thus attracting more guys. Not all of us are shallow.
  • Diandra81
    Diandra81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Yes, and men are WAY more friendly. It's annoying, but men are visual simple creatures.
  • TheUnwritten
    TheUnwritten Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Nope I don't know why I might be invisible to women lol.
  • careyayn22
    Options
    Other than old men ( and I'm 39--- so I'm talking my dad's age) I got obviously hit on for the first time in ten years about a month ago, so I guess, yes? Lol.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,366 Member
    Options
    I used to get hit on a fair amount when I was heavy.

Now I get hit on more by married men. WTF.
  • StephTheBookworm
    StephTheBookworm Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Lol, no. I haven't lost enough weight yet. Plus, I have no confidence. Anyone want to tell me how to get some confidence?! Lol. :wink:
  • TheUnwritten
    TheUnwritten Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Lol, no. I haven't lost enough weight yet. Plus, I have no confidence. Anyone want to tell me how to get some confidence?! Lol. :wink:
    I would also like this advice. =)
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    It was rarely before, it is rarely now as well :-/
  • la8dcruz
    la8dcruz Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I get hit on more or if I notice the attention more. I have always had guy friends so it doesn't catch my attention until they are BLUNT about it.
    BUT I will say..... I have been asked out a lot more by people I didn't expect to be interested and asked out less by guys I wanted. (when I approach them, they say that they didn't think they were my type) LOL......so I guess what has really changed is other people's view on my taste just because I became more fit!
  • Lifting_chick
    Lifting_chick Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I love getting hit on....I love compliments, I work hard at the gym and I take no offense when someone plays me a compliment to that hard work. I think I might feel worse if no one noticed!
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, just wondering, now that some of you have lost weight, do you see any changes to the way guys talk to you, more approachable? get more numbers etc?

The reason im asking because yesterday a friend of mine and i were talking about how ever since she lost weight, guys are starting to take more notice of her which is pretty sad really how people can be that shallow.

so yeah tell me your story.

Yep, happened to me 6 months ago. Wouldn't give me the time of day. Now she has seen the new me she won't stop texting me. How can WOMEN be so shallow? I'm just flabbergasted, OMG! Whats a matter with you women?
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Okay, I know that being an intelligent, independent woman, I should be offended that men would only notice me if I lost weight. But in all honesty, that's one of the reason's I'm losing the weight...to catch a guy's eye once in awhile.

The fact is, I too am disgusted with myself for not taking better care of myself in the last 15+ years. And once I have mastered taking better care of myself, heck yeah I want folks to notice.

There are days at my current weight of 231 lbs that I feel sexy. I know that most people may not recognize it or even take the time to notice because I'm the fat one, the smart one, the Christian one, the modest one, the single parent, the computer geek, etc. I just think folks will know me better when my body matches my personality. Of course, it won't make me any less smart, Christian, modest, etc. :wink:

Girl there is NOTHING wrong with wanting to catch a man's eye! Sure, the first thing my bf noticed about me was probably the way I look, and he liked what he saw, but that would only last so long if he didn't find me interesting, funny, smart, etc. Good luck on your journey, and when you feel comfortable, flaunt that hard work!
  • la8dcruz
    la8dcruz Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I used to get hit on a fair amount when I was heavy.

Now I get hit on more by married men. WTF.

That's crazy! LOL