Getting discouraged..could use friends for motivation

Options

Replies

• KristyB32
    KristyB32 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I`ve only been on here 4 days and I gained 2 lbs watching my calories. I`m very discouraged before I`ve even started. You`ve lost alot! Good for you! Maybe you can help me do it? Would that motivate you? :smokin:

Hi! I would love to help motivate you as much as I can! I'm not perfect myself..I've definitely had ups and downs but it's the determination to stick with it that counts. I guess I look at it like it took me this long just to lose this (what seems to be) small amount, and I see how far I have to go that gets discouraging. But even though it's not easy, i know it will certainly be worth it! We can do it! Hang in there! :)
  • najh4
    najh4 Posts: 28
    Options
    I am here for added support. I lost a big chunck of weight and I am having a really hard time loosing the last 25. I am taking my children on our first family vacation, and I will be celebrating my 31st birthday as well... I want more then anything to loose it, but I dont have alot of support. I'll send you a friend request... anyone who is willing to help me please add me :)
  • jessww
    jessww Posts: 10
    Options
    same here! I've been at it for 3 months now and I've only had 5lb lost so far ): I could use some motivation too (:
  • jkimmett
    jkimmett Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I work nights on the weekends and know what you are talking about. I find I eat double because I don't sleep as much so I eat my day meals then eat all night to. You have come so far though, you can keep going and can do this!
  • KristyB32
    Options
    Hang in there! That was me as well..I didn't have the support I needed. But I am so happy I decided to give this site another try. Everyone has been so AMAZING! I look forward to sharing our struggles/ successes. Support is what we all need to keep us motivated and determined to stick to our goals! :smile:
  • KristyB32
    Options
    I work nights on the weekends and know what you are talking about. I find I eat double because I don't sleep as much so I eat my day meals then eat all night to. You have come so far though, you can keep going and can do this!

I've come far?! WOW! Girl, you are AMAZING! I could definitely use some of your tips on success! Great job!
  • mountaingirl222
    Options
    sent you a request. I too can use some extra motivation
  • TrishaRN_74
    TrishaRN_74 Posts: 102 Member
    Options

I work 12 hour shifts (as a nurse) and I find that I eat before I go to work, then once at work, then a little something in my stomach before I lay down again (it helps me sleep better.) If I don't have to work the following night, I might skip the breakfast, then have lunch, then dinner with the family. It's hard to spread the 3 meals out through an entire 24 hour period, but I do my best. I snack a lot on healthy foods to help with the lengthy times between meals.
  • shinyshell55
    shinyshell55 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    You are half way to your goal and that is awesome! Hang in there and all of us MFP folks will support one another in reaching our respective goals. You can do this. You have come too far to give up now. I am going to put in a request for your friendship!
  • KristyB32
    Options
    You are half way to your goal and that is awesome! Hang in there and all of us MFP folks will support one another in reaching our respective goals. You can do this. You have come too far to give up now. I am going to put in a request for your friendship!

Thank you so much! I'm not giving up..just been in a rut, but the support I've received on here is absolutely wonderful. It has definitely recharged my motivation! :)
  • ingfit
    ingfit Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I work normal hours, but do have a physical job, so understand the tiredness. Whenever you decide to workout, chose a time where you have the most energy and doesn't interfere with meal times. Either eat an hour before or right after. And personally I wouldn't workout right before sleep as it might disrupt that.

Here are some tips that worked for me as far as getting your workouts in every week. I schedule them just like any other appointment: dentist, doctor, work, shopping. I only workout 4 times a week up to an hour and take rest days between workouts. I plan them in 3 week increments with the 4th being a free/recovery week. This way I never get bored. I mostly use dvd's and workout at home but you could do whatever works for you. I usually do 2 cardio HIIT, and 2 strength training.

I also have an "off/Spike/cheat" day once a week where I don't exercise or log my food. This way it feels less like a chore and more like a lifestyle. My weight loss is consistant and I never feel deprived or bored.

Feel free to add me as a friend. Good luck and wtg on your weight loss so far!
  • gaet0011
    gaet0011 Posts: 20
    Options
    I don't work the night shift, but my job takes me on the road a lot. It's hard to eat healthy when your options in small towns are disgusting McDonald's or poisonous Subway. I feel I work in a job that somewhat sets me up for failure so I understand how frustrating and demotivating it can be. Add me so maybe we can try to stay motivated together!
  • newmein2013
    newmein2013 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I'm another night shift person here. I totally understand how hard it is getting up and getting motivated to workout.

Do you find it easier to work out after work or before? I usually go before work because if I go afterwards I feel wide awake and will never fall asleep. Ugh the joys of night shift. lol

I used to be a volunteer EMT on the night shift. I would do my workout , shower at the gym, then go in for my shift. I always felt energized and it helped keep me alert. Then I'd go home and sleep like a baby, lol. I'll send you a friend request.
  • Andufrene
    Andufrene Posts: 44
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • angbunny22
    Options
    don't get discouraged! There are plenty people out there to keep you motivated! Feel free to add me!
  • KristyB32
    Options
    I work normal hours, but do have a physical job, so understand the tiredness. Whenever you decide to workout, chose a time where you have the most energy and doesn't interfere with meal times. Either eat an hour before or right after. And personally I wouldn't workout right before sleep as it might disrupt that.

Here are some tips that worked for me as far as getting your workouts in every week. I schedule them just like any other appointment: dentist, doctor, work, shopping. I only workout 4 times a week up to an hour and take rest days between workouts. I plan them in 3 week increments with the 4th being a free/recovery week. This way I never get bored. I mostly use dvd's and workout at home but you could do whatever works for you. I usually do 2 cardio HIIT, and 2 strength training.

I also have an "off/Spike/cheat" day once a week where I don't exercise or log my food. This way it feels less like a chore and more like a lifestyle. My weight loss is consistant and I never feel deprived or bored.

Feel free to add me as a friend. Good luck and wtg on your weight loss so far!

Great advice! Thank you! I have a cheat/ off day as well. I think it's very important to have those days, otherwise I would probably have given up a long time ago! lol
  • KristyB32
    Options
    I'm another night shift person here. I totally understand how hard it is getting up and getting motivated to workout.

Do you find it easier to work out after work or before? I usually go before work because if I go afterwards I feel wide awake and will never fall asleep. Ugh the joys of night shift. lol

I used to be a volunteer EMT on the night shift. I would do my workout , shower at the gym, then go in for my shift. I always felt energized and it helped keep me alert. Then I'd go home and sleep like a baby, lol. I'll send you a friend request.

That's cool! I'm an EMS dispatcher. ;) I do the same thing, I work out before my shift starts. If I did it afterwards I would never sleep being I have a difficult time doing that anyway. Thanks for the add! And great job you're doing!
  • KristyB32
    Options
    don't get discouraged! There are plenty people out there to keep you motivated! Feel free to add me!

Hi! I added you both! I Look forward to chatting and motivating each other! :)
  • lovepink87
    Options
    Just sent you a friend request! We all get discouraged, i'm there myself right now. unfortuanatly i'm letting stress get the best of me and keep me from being on my game. we'll support eachother we can all use more friends to keep us going!
  • KristyB32
    Options
    I don't work the night shift, but my job takes me on the road a lot. It's hard to eat healthy when your options in small towns are disgusting McDonald's or poisonous Subway. I feel I work in a job that somewhat sets me up for failure so I understand how frustrating and demotivating it can be. Add me so maybe we can try to stay motivated together!

I can imagine how extremely difficult that must be! But don't give up! I sent you a request..I look forward to us trying to motivate each other..hang in there! :)