My gift : Excel spreadsheet for BMR, TDEE, CUT, BUILD and ma

Options

Replies

• ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    I've saved a version, with the calories I eat after having my numbers ran, and I'll be interested how my losses compare to the predictions.
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    sure let me know - so I could maybe update the formulas - the first part being the load - in calories - 1 lb of pure fat represent - and how it goes across the weight loss
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    sure let me know - so I could maybe update the formulas - the first part being the load - in calories - 1 lb of pure fat represent - and how it goes across the weight loss

I suppose the difficulty is, I don't eat exactly the same calories every day, so it's never going to be perfect, but I will try to enter the weekly average as the calories consumed, and work out a way to check the results.
  • KJLIII
    KJLIII Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Thank you ! ! Your spreadsheet is awesome ! !

:flowerforyou:

I've been trying to find out my body fat percentage - but have no way of measuring. I've used many MANY online calculators, but I really think they fall short - due to body types being so different. Most of the women's calculations AND pictures that I've found online show more "pear" shapes - as if ALL women have that shape ! ! I've been pretty athletic and muscular (for a woman) for most of my life, and I believe I have an entirely different kind of build. All of the body fat % calculators say I'm obese, and I would be rejected on the Army/Navy criteria (which calculated me at about 40% BF- and I say "No WAY !" - it's absolutely wrong). I am actually just "overweight" on the BMI scale - though I wonder if that's even accurate. I actually have more of an "apple" shape, and have always had comments on my "nice legs" - even when very overweight (they are actually quite muscular, yet shapely) ! ! I carry my "fat" weight mostly in the chest and abdominal area, and thankfully I've been losing inches in that area since being on MFP.

I've read through this posting, and know that you're thinking of updating it to include some type of body fat % calculator. I thought I might suggest an alternative to that - I've looked extensively online and found one site to be very helpful. Here's the link to it: http://www.leighpeele.com/body-fat-pictures-and-percentages
    I think one could get a rough estimate of one's own body fat percentage from looking and comparing the pictures of body fat percentages. I know this site only includes percentages up to 30% body fat, but it could be a start.

There is a pdf document by the same person (http://www.leighpeele.com/bodyfatpercent.pdf) which shows one extra picture, which is also helpful (up to 40% BF for men, and 43%BF for women). The pdf document also goes into details about how Body Fat can be measured, and it also states that each measurement method has its flaws. She suggests a combination of using visual analysis and Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis (BIA), because she feels that determining body fat % is a combination of science AND art. Each person's body distributes and stores fat in different ways, and many times you cannot determine visceral (internal) levels of fat by just looking. I wonder if each person could honestly assess themselves in an effective way by critically comparing their own bodies to others who have had some type of measurement done by a pro??

Anyway, just my thoughts... Good luck with your project, and thanks again ! !
  • SalishSea
    SalishSea Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Bump- will print at work! Sheeshhhh..don't tell!
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options
    bump
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I've been using this for a while! Gotta say I'm loving my new calorie intake ;) 1900+ and still seeing results. Gotta love it.

Thanks!!!
  • holly1007
    holly1007 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • sbrBirdy
    sbrBirdy Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much!
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options
    You welcome ;)
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options
    boump
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options
    bump
  • w1lkesy
    w1lkesy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Bump - Thanks :o)
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options
    bump
  • swarcher
    swarcher Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Been stuck for a while. Going to calculate my numbers again. Thanks!
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    I'm using the numbers on the spreadsheet (along with some advice from HelloitsDan and ChrisDaveys) for the past two weeks, I'm adding my actual weekly calories, and my weigh-in details (once a week) I'm going to track for a month, and then look the numbers and making any tweaks after that month.

I'm 'morbidly obese' on the BMI scale, so probably not the intended audience, but I'll let you know how I go :)

Thanks!
  • mbvan
    mbvan Posts: 30
    Options
    bump
  • DonnaRe2012
    DonnaRe2012 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    bump
  • glittermouse
    glittermouse Posts: 590 Member
    Options