Why do women put on makeup and do their hair for the gym???

Options

Replies

• BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Why do you care? You are not them. Let them be and workout without your judgements
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Because girls who care about their appearance get dolled all for where ever they go. Even if its in their own home.
    You'll never know what may happen.

Catherine Zeta-Jones said that her mother told her always to looks nice because you never know when you'll meet the president LOL

I won't lie, I don't go outta the house looking busted anymore!
  • jenniebean1680
    jenniebean1680 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Why do you care so much? Are you insecure about it because you don't get pretty for the gym and they do? I put on make up to get the mail. Of course I'm going to shower and put make up on for the gym. It's not affecting anyone else but myself.

THIS. I mean, I get the irritation w/ the overdone makeup and hair and looking like you're going out for the night rather than the gym, but to each their own. I put makeup on for the gym. I like feeling put-together there. But I also teach classes, so I think that's part of it.

Personally I get more irritated by the "walking on the treadmill and not breaking a sweat" thing than the makeup/pushup bra thing, but even that is a 'to each their own' situation. If someone wants to waste their time at the gym, let 'em. I prefer to leave looking like I swam in my own sweat.
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I'm always in makeup at the gym unless its a Saturday or Sunday. I go on my lunch hour and I go right after work. I agree that perfume is overkill. I don't like that either.
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    My guess is they are crushing on someone in the gym, so they are looking more attractive even if they are going to sweat it all off. It does make you feel more feminine.

I don't do my hair because it is always back out of my face even for work, but I do wear a little makeup now (trying to rebuild my self-esteem). I doesn't always make sense, but they want to feel better about themselves.
  • swycoff17
    swycoff17 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I see it as a security blanket for them.
  • OnWisconsin84
    OnWisconsin84 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Because girls who care about their appearance get dolled all for where ever they go. Even if its in their own home.
    You'll never know what may happen.

^^^ :laugh:

I go to the gym after work, therefore I still have makeup on. On the weekends I don't usually rock much makeup, but you better believe my hair is in check before I head out the door to the gym. As many have said, I just like being presentable whenever I go out. Wherever that is.
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    i don't i have my own workout gym in my house.
  • lexximan
    lexximan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Maybe they are there to network, and need to look presentable. As a hairstylist I like to look good no matter where I go, It helps with making clients and makes me feel good about myself.
  • folgore35
    folgore35 Posts: 22
    Options
    Not sure why I'm wading into this, but I kinda appreciate it. With that said, I have no ill will toward those who don't get all "gussied up", and it's certainly not a hill I'm gonna die on, but I do appreciate it.

OK, rack me! I'm out!!
  • tinattinat
    tinattinat Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Okay.. I've never been one to care. I go to sweat and boy do I.
    But I have a gym crush now and I'll admit I wear a little concealer, some lip gloss and I curl my eyelashes (which by the time I'm done working out doesn't even matter because mascara is running :laugh: ) all because it makes me feel a little more feminine/ sexy instead of a sweaty beast woman.

Waterproof mascara, girl!
  • meemo88
    meemo88 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    why do u carE? lol
  • mommybird1
    Options
    I have to take makeup off before I work out (if I have any on in the first place) or it would be running down my face and into my eyes. I sweat A LOT!!!! :laugh:
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Makeup is just a shield just like clothes. Some people wear it just boost their self esteem because they don't have the confidence to leave the house without it....God bless them either way!
  • WatchMomRun
    Options
    I don't go to a gym, but if I did, I would wear makeup. I am absolutely scary looking without it : )

Heck I ran my last marathon with makeup on. I think the other runners appreciated it.
  • berv0009
    berv0009 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Many people go straight to the gym after work.

Would not make much sense to shower and undo one's hair and makeup before a workout.

Just saying.
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    The only time I really see women with nice hair or makeup is in the evening when everyone's getting off work and heading straight there to the gym. I work out in the mornings so I'm coming in with bed-tousled hair, still yawning and the only folks around me are the older folks who come in because it's more relaxed and they have senior group stuff then or women getting some cardio in before work or wherever they go. Everybody's sweaty and stinky and not at their best.

Me I can't imagine working out with makeup. I work up a sweat that leaves puddles on machines (no joke) and I'd rather go home and scrub off sweat than sweat, eyeliner and whatever else. I wear lip balm, but then again I wear lip balm to bed.
  • Skeels
    Skeels Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Maybe they are there to network, and need to look presentable. As a hairstylist I like to look good no matter where I go, It helps with making clients and makes me feel good about myself.

I agree.....I always make sure I have workout clothes on that make me feel good..........No makeup for me yet.............
  • kekl
    kekl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    The people at the gym are lucky that I even put on pants :smile:

But seriously, it doesn't matter to me what other people do at the gym to workout. I don't care what you're wearing and what you're doing, you paid to get in here same as me so have at it.
  • princeza9
    princeza9 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I've wondered this but never thought much about the makeup and hair other than they are probably kinda looking to meet someone...to each his/her own. But what bugs me is there are a couple of ladies who pour on the perfume! It is so bad that I find it hard to breathe when I am on the treadmill next to them. The last time it happened it gave me a headache! Hair and makeup...good for you, but please tone down the perfume!!

^^This.

I don't care about make up at the gym, doesn't bother me either way. But I'm allergic to perfume (one reason I can't go into Macy's), and the women to bathe in their perfume literally makes me sick! I've had to hold off a workout, or change it up because of this. A spritz is person preference, but don't subject the rest of us to it, please.