What do your meatless meals look like? (Photo thread!)

Options

Replies

• Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    That looks so nice, and festive too. Yum
  • nmzeta
    nmzeta Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mommaof9
    mommaof9 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE this thread!! was wondering cause I'm retarded what the "bump" means and how do I tag this group to be able to come back to it often :) And could people post the recipes with the pictures...hehe....I want all of the recipes cause m mouth is watering
  • anastasiawildflower
    anastasiawildflower Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    We finally made real food (aka- not cupcakes and the like)!
    Breakfast for lunch.

s25wnt.jpg

Husband made hash browns, while I made an awesome tofu scramble (secret is spike seasoning and a little taco seasoning), accompanied with challah-toast with apple butter my mom made.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
  • sanura
    sanura Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    bump! will have to add to this soon!
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    IMG_10111.jpg

Tofu StirFry with broccoli, carrots, red and green bell peppers, mushrooms, and bok choy, all over quinoa. I seasoned the stir fry with just a bit of sesame oil, and the tofu was dry-fried and marinated in a garlic and soy sauce mix with a bit of ginger.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Tofu StirFry with broccoli, carrots, red and green bell peppers, mushrooms, and bok choy, all over quinoa. I seasoned the stir fry with just a bit of sesame oil, and the tofu was dry-fried and marinated in a garlic and soy sauce mix with a bit of ginger.

That is a mighty fine lookin' stir fry!
  • needtorunmore
    needtorunmore Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    everything looks soo good!
  • Jen0414
    Jen0414 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    BUMP FOR LATER
  • ItalGal123
    ItalGal123 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Bumping for recipes later :)
  • commotionstrange
    commotionstrange Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Bump! Always looking for more veg recipes...can't really post at work though.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    These look very good...
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    Tofu question- Do people squish their tofu before cooking to create a firmer texture?

The pack I bought suggested to place a heavy board over it so it becomes more solid, but frankly I could not be arsed to wait to do that.
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in that question too... there also seems to be LOADS of different types of tofu too so I don't really know where to start in terms of buying some/preparing it/what will it taste like!

I'm toying with the idea of becoming vegan so really want to find out more!
  • vulcangrrl
    Options
    Bump! These all look so wonderful. When I find my camera I will start posting things :)
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    I used towels to gently squeeze out the moisture, although when you dry-fry it, the low heat pulls out the water too. I have done the board and weight to push it out too, and that seemed to work fine. I'm pretty new at tofu (That stir fry was my second attempt at cooking it, and I'm pretty pleased with the results), but that's what the interwebs told me to do, so I did.
    I have only used extra firm to cook with, but am looking forward to trying different varieties.
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    6876713746_a56ebd0917.jpg

Spicy Moroccan chickpea chilli - vegan without the cheese.

Using up the last of my cheese (poor student) before committing to veganism.... here goes...!
  • ktmorris1
    ktmorris1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    2012-03-12222023.jpg

Black Beans and Rice with tomato & corn salsa - Simple but delicious!
  • sweetbeckymarie
    Options
    Recently conjured up this red beans and rice recipe, had some dried split peas sitting in the cupboard so I added those as well to add some healthy bulk.
    100MEDIA_IMAG1060.jpg

Also made buffalo mushrooms instead of traditional buffalo wings, they aren't the prettiest but they are tasty drenched in hot sauce!
    100MEDIA_IMAG1059.jpg

Breakfast is a favorite of mine. Rolled oats, fresh blueberries, wheat germ, flax seed and cinnamon with a grapefruit on the side :)
    100MEDIA_IMAG1064.jpg