Sloppy Women at the Gym

Options

Replies

• rcc1988
    rcc1988 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why people care what other people wear at the gym. Wear a slobby, dirty sweatshirt. Wear ten pounds of baby blue eyeshadow. So long as nobody's genitals are flapping in the wind within spitting distance of me, I really don't care - I have a workout to do!
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    My ponytail is way cuter than your ponytail.

^ ahaha
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I have also heard from guys that women in all that make up and stuff look stupid at the gym.... I don't wear much, but I typically do wear mascara when I go to the gym, that's it. It's a waste of make up - and why not just let my pores sweat it out, as opposed to having to try to get thru a layer of make up -- I'm thinking that can't be great for the skin....

I don't judge, I just don't see the point in wasting the make up.....
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    this thread is hilarious.

really who gives a crap what anyone else looks like? as long as you aren't wiping your mascara, foundation and lipstick off on my towel then do whatever you want.

i definitely dont care too much about how i look in the gym and definitely dont do makeup. the last time i worked out with makeup on, that stuff ran in my eyes and i had to stop my workout to rinse my eye :laugh: clothing wise, at this stage i'm losing weight and so i need to make sure the stuff i'm wearing isnt too big and i dont end up flashing too much cleavage while i'm bent over doing pushups or deadlifts.
  • mrsmariasheehan
    mrsmariasheehan Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    And this is just the sort of mindless BS that reaffirms my decision to NOT join a gym.

I am a hard enough critic on myself and my body / fitness. I would hate to go work out at a gym, summon all my courage just to do so, and have someone judge me as being sloppy for not wearing the proper workout clothing.

:huh:

touché :flowerforyou:
  • ElementalEscapee
    ElementalEscapee Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I GUESS..SOME WOMEN MIGHT FEEL LIKE IF THEY ARE ABOUT TO SWEAT IT OUT, THERE IS NO NEED TO LOOK LIKE A BEAUTY, BECAUSE MID WORKOUT YOUR GONNA BE MAKING UGLY FACES, SWEATING AND YOUR HAIR MIGHT COME UNDONE ANYWAY. SOME WOMEN MIGHT ALSO THINK THAT IF YOU ARE GOING TO THE GYM TO LOOK PRETTY YOU ARE NOT REALLY THERE TO WORK, BUT IF IT WORKS FOR YOU..THEN IT SHOULDN'T MATTER WHAT OTHERS THINK--JUST ROCK IT. :)

Caps lock is cruise control for cool, amirite?
  • superstarcassie
    superstarcassie Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Sloppy or put together- I like to see people busting butt at the gym!! :) I go to the gym to kick some butt and I don't care if I look cute or like a slob...I'm there to get healthier. I think we need to all support each other in our efforts instead of judging what each other looks like. :flowerforyou:
  • missbethea
    missbethea Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I love it when ladies look cute at the gym! I find them to be motivation. I think to myself "One day I will be the cute girl at the gym that other women love to hate."
  • themsbauer
    themsbauer Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Some of us cant afford the new nike gear to go workout it. All I have is old sweatpants and i go with no makeup. But I dont judge people who all of that. I know for me I cant afford the fancy clothes yet. And I am not waisting my money buying something hot until I am hot!!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    I have also heard from guys that women in all that make up and stuff look stupid at the gym.... I don't wear much, but I typically do wear mascara when I go to the gym, that's it. It's a waste of make up - and why not just let my pores sweat it out, as opposed to having to try to get thru a layer of make up -- I'm thinking that can't be great for the skin....

I don't judge, I just don't see the point in wasting the make up.....
    :laugh: and there's this. my makeup is not cheap. no way i'm wasting my eve pearl liquid liner and nars shadow and blush on a frigging terry cloth towel :laugh:
  • nikrit84
    nikrit84 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I can honestly say I dont really care what I look like when I get to the gym...because I litteraly drip sweat when I am leaving. But I can say I couldn't care less if there are "pretty" girls there also...Im just there to get my workout in and be done lol
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    A lot of women who hate so hard are jealous and lacking confidence so they try to act like the put together girl at the gym has issues.

doubt that... they're probably more irritated that someone who is at the gym to look good is taking up valuable machine space... which is the case probably 90% of the time...

You're SO right! I hate waiting for my favorite machine cuz some100 lb hottie tottie is on there for 45 minutes and hasn't even gone a mile yet.

And so what if she hasnt? Maybe its all the exercise she gets. I've seen 200lb women rest forever between sets but I either use something else or ask to alternate between sets. I'm not over here going "look at this fattie sitting using the machines for 45min and barely getting a mile" A slim 100lb "hottie tottie" doesnt automatically mean theyre able to even run a mile. People go to the gym for various reasons. No need to bash someone who takes pride in their appearence. If anything its kind of sad that some people are so okay with looking like crap. Dont you wanna at least be presentable for yourself?
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I think if you have the body to rock a cute slim fit top and yoga pants/shorts, go for it. I don't think it really matters what anyone wears, as long as they don't smell. I would prefer baggy clothing over smelly clothing any day!!!
  • HoosierMomma1
    HoosierMomma1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Did someone come up to you tell they didn't like the way you look? I think people dress they want to at the gym, it's a matter of choice. If you look cute, I'm sure people think you look cute, but if someone wants to feel comfortable and burn some calories that's there choice too. Don't make assumptions.

Agree! I'm there for myself not to impress anyone or be impressed by anyone. I wouldn't care if people were walking around naked as long as I get my gym time in
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I dont really pay any attention to what other people are wearing at the gym,but I can only hope that something im doing or wearing is ruining someones day and forcing them to type out their frustraions on some message board somewhere:laugh:

Truth. I personally think spending $100 on an outfit that's only going to see the inside of my gym is an idiotic idea. Not to mention, I get up around 5:45a to work out around 7 and I don't have the time to get cute twice. So sorry if I'm too "sloppy" for you. I also don't pay enough attention to anyone else to even register, let alone care, what they're wearing. OP needs to get over it as much as anyone who has an issue with her attire.
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    While I'm there to work I feel nice in nice clothes, same as applies for my non gym dressing too, I've never been a track pants girl.

But I love it even more because of the people that hate on it. People who underestimate me are awesome fun!

Case in point last week I had a girl running on a treadmill openly smirk at me when I bounced in (ponytail swooshing) and did 5 mins on a cross trainer (it's called warming up!). I saw her 40 mins later get off said treadmill and openly double take at me squatting (gasp) in the boys side of the gym (double gasp).

Besides if you go in looking cute you can judge how badass your workout was by how utterly sh** you look when you leave. The better you look to start the harder you have to work to make that happen :P
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    While I'm there to work I feel nice in nice clothes, same as applies for my non gym dressing too, I've never been a track pants girl.

But I love it even more because of the people that hate on it. People who underestimate me are awesome fun!

Case in point last week I had a girl running on a treadmill openly smirk at me when I bounced in (ponytail swooshing) and did 5 mins on a cross trainer (it's called warming up!). I saw her 40 mins later get off said treadmill and openly double take at me squatting (gasp) in the boys side of the gym (double gasp).

Besides if you go in looking cute you can judge how badass your workout was by how utterly sh** you look when you leave. The better you look to start the harder you have to work to make that happen :P

marry?
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    I figure whatever motivated you to work out is your business. I go in tees and shorts and sneakers that I wear daily... no make up cause it's just gonna melt off. hair can be up or down, but if I'm gonna sweat buckets it's got to be up!!
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options

marry?

I'm going to need more than a one word proposal :P
  • kriskaryl
    kriskaryl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I believe in looking your best at what ever you do. I don't like pajamas in public unless they are on an infant or toddler. I go to the gym after work. I still have on my make-up for the day and feel good. My hair gets pulled back in a ponytail...at which point, all the grey highlights show. I don't care...I'm 51 yrs old and entitled to every grey strand. I wear clean, comfortable, yes...cute workout clothes. It does make me feel good about myself. I just haven't been brave enough to wear my sleeveless tanks there. I'm self conscious of my bye-bye arms, but that's one of the reasons I go to the gym and lift weights. I believe that when we feel good about ourselves and project a positive self-image, no matter our size, we want to do better and work harder to improve. And yes, others do look at us in a different light.