Why Eating Exercise Calories is so important.

Options

Replies

• Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • malama2913
    Options
    Bump :)
  • 2dayirun4me
    2dayirun4me Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    The best explanation I've heard yet...Thanks :)
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    *Awaits 1200 calories-a-day-brigade rage*

Good explanation :) Perhaps include links to some calculators for people to find their correct BMRs and TDEEs.

I recommend http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/
  • afj89
    afj89 Posts: 17
    Options
    All good info, cheers!
  • rawrxamberx
    rawrxamberx Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Thanks for answering the question I always wondered about.
    My cousin said that if I ate back my exercise calories, that it would be pointless to workout.
    But, what I didn't understand is how your body would function without so many calories.
    This makes sense to me! Thanks (:

I'm assuming you'd just have to pick a snack that's not high in the other stuff like fat and such? Since you'd probably hit your limit for that.
  • azazelrabbit
    Options

I'm assuming you'd just have to pick a snack that's not high in the other stuff like fat and such? Since you'd probably hit your limit for that.

Your best bet after exercise is something protein-rich, because it will help repair/build the muscles. Obviously eggs or meat would be the best thing, or a similar foodstuff (Milk, yoghurt, tofu or TVP). Or if you're stuggling to get enough than try protein powder. If you're able to get enough protein from your diet, you shouldn't really do this, but if you can't get enough protein (like me and the rest of the vegetarian population) then try protein shakes.
  • katrodelle
    katrodelle Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great explanation, thanks!
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    So what should I do if I'm eating back my exercises calories and my weight loss slows/stalls?
  • eqbd
    eqbd Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great information! Thanks!!
  • Lolli1986
    Lolli1986 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I don't understand this 'burning muscle' stuff that keeps popping up. I'd love it if someone could post a topic on that.

Otherwise, everything else was well explained.
  • trixiekitten
    trixiekitten Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Bump =^.^=
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Please explain this to Helloitsdan.
    I challenged him on his theory that he posted and got called a 'hater.'
  • Heidi_M78
    Heidi_M78 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I really hope this helps someone.

Yes me! Thanks for posting this
  • shellsie_j
    shellsie_j Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Explained very simply. Thanks, this topic comes up so often because most of us grew up thinking just eat as few calories as you can and exercise as much as you can and you will lose weight. WRONG WRONG WRONG
  • StrawberrySt
    Options
    Great explanation! I already knew this as it has been explained (but not so well) a thousand times on this site!

Can we make your post a must-read for all newbies? It would save so much double handling!

Thank you :flowerforyou:
  • zuzuanne88
    zuzuanne88 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Thankyou so much...I was really confused before.I was always hungry after my workouts and thought to myself..."your just fat!don't eat anything else".I thought I was just going to starve for the rest of my life!!1this is such good news!
  • medlicott68
    Options
    Bump
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    I eat too much as it is...adding another 500-900 calories and I'd be puking until next week.
  • faraday5000
    Options
    Great expaination and it seems to have worked for me so far. I'm eating well and losing wieght. Good balance of exercise and calorie intake. Never feel deprived.