Croc Pot Chicken Tacos

Options

Replies

• Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    MMM that sounds good. Going to make that for next week!!
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ChiweenieMommy
    Options
    You know what, great idea! I love putting stuff in the crock pot, going to work, and having dinner ready at home that is still healthy! Thanks for sharing!:happy:
  • jj1983
    jj1983 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I make this all the time for my husband and I - when I make it 1 cup equals about 100 Cals. We often just portion the recipe out into small take away containers and put them in the fridge to grab for our lunches. It's delicious on it's own cold or warmed up with crackers, veggies or on a bun. It's SOOOOOO good
  • gingermoon
    gingermoon Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to try this. :)
    Thanks for sharing!
  • snlperdue93
    snlperdue93 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a great recipe. Does anyone know what the serving size of the chicken mixture is for the 130 calories?

Its 4 oz.
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dutchessrachel
    dutchessrachel Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I wanted to make Chicken Tacos tonight... thank you for saving me the time of hunting for a recipe! :)
  • NBabi91
    NBabi91 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I am making Crock pot Chicken tacos today and then will have the left overs for my lunch tomorrow. :)

6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
    1 package low sodium taco seasoning
    1 - 16 oz jar of your favorite salsa

Mix all ingredients in the crock pot and cook for 6-8 ours on low (mine takes about 7 1/2 hours for chicken to be done). When the chicken is done it should shred easily with a fork.

Chicken mixture is about 130 calories.

I use La Tortilla Factory Large whole wheat tortillas that are low carb, high fiber (they have 80 calories, 3g fat, 18 carbs/12 fiber and 8g of protein per tortilla). Then you can add lettuce, fat free sour cream or what ever else you want to make it taste how you like it. My Taco's (1 big taco) normally comes out to about 250 calories and fills me up completely. Tonight I am going to add some fat free re-fried beans to mine to help up my calorie count a bit.

My kids love this meal and it is easy because you just toss and wait for it to be done.

Awesome recipe. I cracked a smile because I am currently enjoying a chicken & quinoa burrito that's packed in a La Tortilla Factory whole wheat tortilla for lunch. :)
  • keenercam
    keenercam Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    this sounds great. Thanks for posting!
  • EmiVReyes
    EmiVReyes Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    this sounds delicious! defintely going to try it this weekend!
  • GetFitNowKrystal
    GetFitNowKrystal Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm having tacos tonight :D
  • kimmacias
    kimmacias Posts: 15
    Options
    :wink: Yummy!! I am going to try this for my lunches, to change it up a bit = )
  • merapp9
    merapp9 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    bump! yummy!!!
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Winner, winner...crock pot dinner!
  • Chalesie
    Chalesie Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! :flowerforyou:
  • abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Me and my boyfriend make this all the time. But we also add in a half a bell pepper and half an onion! Sooo yummy!
  • sjkcarter
    sjkcarter Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    That sounds to good right now!!!
  • jsjaclark
    jsjaclark Posts: 303
    Options
    This looks yummy.