Plain Greek Yogurt?

Options

Replies

• saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    Another person somewhere on here mentioned mixing a bit of Jell-O Sugar Free/Fat Free pudding mix in with it. I haven't tried it yet but I imagine it's a good way to flavor it without major sugar added.
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    bump
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Fresh fruit is always good. I usually have mine with an apple.

A good alternative to honey is agave nectar.
  • Chunky_As_Charged
    Options
    Half packet of whatever flavour Crystal Light you like. I'm a fan of the Crystal Light Pure Mixed Berry
  • Antigone
    Antigone Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    My favorite is PB2, a bit of Truvia or agave and some sliced almonds. LOVE IT.
  • frugalmomsrock
    frugalmomsrock Posts: 1,123
    Options
    I like to mix in some PB2 and sugar free preserves. PBJ in a bowl. :)
  • Spamee
    Spamee Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I keep my Coconut oil in the fridge- so it is Solid.
    I like to 'Shred' some of that into my plain yogurt, along with a little honey
  • willy0524
    willy0524 Posts: 1,897
    Options
    Chobani Greek yogurt with some truvia and blackberries, yummmmmmmmm :drinker:
  • allisonmrichard
    allisonmrichard Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    My friend just gave me a smoothie recipe the other day with plain Greek yogurt in it and I LOVE it...I use non-fat, plain Oikos. You put one cup of it in the blender with one half-cup skim milk, a sliced banana, two tablespoons of peanut butter (I use Naturally More) and a tablespoon of honey...so good! Almost like a liquified peanut butter and banana sandwich. :)
  • NancyNiles
    NancyNiles Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I use in in place of sour cream, usually. I buy the individual Chiobani 0% yogurts when I want flavor.
  • LittleElephant
    LittleElephant Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    A spoon of fruit curd mixed in. Any fruit curd is great but orange curd works best for me.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    It seems to me that adding honey would only defeat the purpose of buying Greek yogurt since one reason to get it is for the low sugar count....

Some better ways to use it would be in protein shakes/smoothies. I've also had recipes that used it instead of sour cream.
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I use mine for smoothies, creamy honey dijon salad dressing, mixed with a couple of tablespoons of salsa on my taco salad, creamy dill/cucumber dip, mixed with chives on a baked potato....the possibilities are endless!
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    serving of yogurt
    cup of fresh, baby spinach
    cup of strawberries
    banana
    cup of almond milk
    handful of ice

mix together in a blender and you have an awesome smoothie!
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Sugar free/fat free jello pudding powder. Cheesecake and banana creme are my favorite!
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I put almond butter in mine.

GG
  • Get_Me_Fit
    Options
    bump!
  • ablykins
    ablykins Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    In order to keep the fat, calories, and sugar as low as possible I add in about 8-10 drops of liquid stevia- I get the SweetLeaf brand. My favorites for plain greek yogurt are English toffee and French vanilla. Sugar free jello pudding mix also works, however, you can send the sodium sky high with that since the sugar free mixes are usually really high in sodium.
  • TotalTiger
    Options
    Some fresh mint, a bit of garlic and a squeeze of lemon. Then dip veges in it. I always have some in the fridge. Could also add some grated cucumber (I don't eat it)
  • Pandalicious
    Options
    I add ranch seasoning and dip raw veggies in it. Delicious!