Replies

• Lismore40
    Lismore40 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    A yoghurt and a banana you can't get any quicker than that
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I toast a Thomas' Light English muffin, spread on 1tbsp of Justin's Natural Chocolate Hazelnut spread, and eat it while I'm driving to work - 190cals/9g fat/10g fiber/7g protein. My other go-to is Trader Joe's frozen steelcut oatmeal with a tbsp of pumpkin butter mixed in. I throw it in a microwavable container, heat it up when I get to work and eat it at my desk - 180cal/3g fat/4g fiber/5g protein. You could also mix in some chia seeds or ground flax seeds for extra oomph.
  • hdrussell
    hdrussell Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I scramble 3/4 cup of southwest egg beaters, put 1/4 cup of fat free shredded cheddar on top and also have a bowl of special K protein plus cereal with almond milk. It's filling, fast, and high protein. ( usually about 38 grams for less than 300 calories. )
  • ConcordPhil
    ConcordPhil Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Here's what I do, which might help if you aren't looking for a lot of protein in the morning. On Sunday mornings I cook up a bunch of steal cut oats (1 cup steel cut oats, 4 cups water) and then add about 3 cups of fresh frozen wild blueberries and 1 cup of chopped walnuts. Mix it all together and store it in the fridge. Gives me 3 or 4 good sized servings that I can have at any time during the week. Each 1 1/2 cup serving is about 300 calories or so. And the steel cut oats are SO different from regular oatmeal. If you want it extra sweet, add a quarter cup pure maple syrup (I use grade B) when you first make it. That will add about 30 calories to each serving.