20 th July new group

Options

Replies

• chrissey
    chrissey Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone had a good weekend...I had a good week with a 2.7lb loss but I did treat myself to Dairy Queen tonight!! I picked up a new treadmill yesterday and blew the dust off of the Elliptical machine...I walked the track with my husband a few times this week as well...he is quite a bit taller than me so I have to walk faster to keep up with him which is good... feels good to get moving again... My husband is also looking to lose quite a bit of weight so we give each other alot of encouragement. Congrats to those who lost but For those that didn't lose..don't worry..it will come...do not get discouraged.

Starting Weight: 222
    Current Weight: 207.9
    Goal Weight: 160
  • mamajess1
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Thanks for all the warm welcomes! I had a good weekend. I went to the gym and calculated all my calories. I was alittle frustrated yesterday because I stayed the same all week last week but today I was down 2.6 lbs! I just need to stay off the scale everyday and only weigh in once a week. I hope u all have a lovely Monday!!
  • spiralgirl71
    spiralgirl71 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Morning!! Rested yesterday. This morning I was up extra early but didn't workout before work. I did decide to eat breakfast at home. I never realized how many calories Raisin Bran had in it. I think I will stick to my oatmeal from now on.

Wishing everyone a happy monday. Will check back in later once I work out.

Dawn-how is your knee doing?
  • angelae39
    angelae39 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone,

After a rough week last week I got back on track over the weekend and feel so much better. I went to Zumba on Saturday and am going again tonight. I went to a Farmer's Market this weekend and bought a ton of fresh fruit. If only I liked more vegeables. Hope everyone has a great week!!

Angela
  • malpait
    malpait Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Well this weekend went pretty well. We had a wedding and it was a brunch. Then Sunday we went to church, a benefit for a friend and then the beach. My girlfriend and I treated ourselves to some ice cream last night with the kids. I don't think that it will affect me on Friday, I can tell by not eating at night I have really shrunk my stomach back down.

My job is going great! I really like it. Inspiring me to go back and get my license. My new job is at a salon as the receptionist. I am a beauty school drop out =)

I hope everyone has a great Monday. It is rainy here in Northern Michigan.

Jennie
  • angl
    angl Posts: 188
    Options
    Good evening girlfriends,
    Hope ya all had a great weekend.:happy:

mamajess1......Im a scale addict to and need to weigh everyday.Tried to just do every other day but felt guilty about not getting on. I know I shouldnt let the numbers depress or elate me but they do. Anyway, let me know if you can kick the habit and how you did it.

chrissey....It really does help when your spouse is dieting with you. You dont have to cook something different just for yourself But......watch out when he decides to go offf and have a splurge he will want to draw you in too. It happens with my husband and I....Somethimes the strong will one can get the other to not splurge...Good Luck

angela.....fresh fruit is all in season now. I love fruits, fresh peaches, strawberries, raspberries....there are more fruits I like than veggies....I know what you mean. I try to eat alot of salads (lettuce tomato onion) and broccoli. The only veggies I like.

malpait......Im a beauty school graduate from back in 1971...I worked for about 20 yrs until my asthma wouldnt let me breath the hairspray and chemicals anymore. Receptionist sounds like a fun job. Hope you are enjoying it.

Everyone else........keep on your diet program and kick butt in the gym!!!!!:explode

angl:bigsmile:
  • patty09
    patty09 Posts: 105
    Options
    Hi Everyone

I had a busy weekend and did not log in my food for a few days and sure it will tell me that on friday. Even the exersises I scipped ayah!
    Thanks for my sons birthday wishes. We had a great party at home. The only sad part was that only 5 turned up from the 10 but thats normal here, but it really irritates me.

As for all of you, I dont stay in the US but in Malaysia. As of this morning 33 people have died from the H1N1.
    Today al the kids had to wear a face mask to school, so yesterday I went out to buy them and the sanitiser. Nearly all the pharmasist were sold out. Tomorrow my 8 year old has an school outing to the zoo but think i will cancell it. Yes it does scare me a bit.
    How is it over at your side?

i will later updat all your weigh ins!! It looks that most of you had a great week.
    I will pick it up today again

Have a great day!
  • patty09
    Options
    Hi Everyone

I had a busy weekend and did not log in my food for a few days and sure it will tell me that on friday. Even the exersises I scipped ayah!
    Thanks for my sons birthday wishes. We had a great party at home. The only sad part was that only 5 turned up from the 10 but thats normal here, but it really irritates me.

As for all of you, I dont stay in the US but in Malaysia. As of this morning 33 people have died from the H1N1.
    Today al the kids had to wear a face mask to school, so yesterday I went out to buy them and the sanitiser. Nearly all the pharmasist were sold out. Tomorrow my 8 year old has an school outing to the zoo but think i will cancell it. Yes it does scare me a bit.
    How is it over at your side?

i will later updat all your weigh ins!! It looks that most of you had a great week.
    I will pick it up today again

Have a great day!
  • spiralgirl71
    Options
    Wow Patty!! I can't imagine the kids having to wear masks to school. That is very scary. Last year was my middle son's first year in preschool. He was sick nonstop. My husband is paranoid about H1N1 and I already know that the first time Drake gets sick in the new school year...that will come up.

I did my workout tonight. Went a bit over on my food. That raisin bran messed me up this morning. We shall see what happens by the end of the week.

Have a great night everyone.
  • angl
    Options
    Is H1N1 the swine flu...?? or is that something different. I dont have any little ones in school but it must be frightening for all of them to have to wear masks. So sorry for them.:frown: I would want to keep my child home and start home schooling.

Tonight is DANCE YOUR *kitten* OFF.....watch it if you get a chance. Here in Michigan they always play the repeats a lot so if you cant watch it on Monday you can surely view it later in the week.

• patty09
    Options
    Hi

I would like to hear your opinion.
    When some of us gain weight shall I update that on our website or enter as no change. If it's me I would want it to be thare but not sure what you guys think
    Please let me know.

Patty
  • spiralgirl71
    Options
    Morning!! Angl- I didn't realize you were in Michigan! That's where I am as well.

Patty- I think that gains should be placed on the website. Otherwise there won't be a true number for motivation and to see the changes made. I think most of us will gain from time to time from water retention, TOM or whatnot. I don't see this as a negative thing because the individual can still be losing inches, improving health and the likes. I hope that made sense.

I will try to watch Dance Your *kitten* off. What time does it air? The one time I saw it was on a weekend and it was a mini-marathon.

How is everyone doing this week?
  • malpait
    Options
    Patty- I think the gains should be entered also. I was so scared of the H1N1 flu. It closed a few schools down in Phoenix last spring. Hopefully there is a better control on it this year.

How many people are on here from Michigan? I am here too, just moved back from Arizona.

My eating was ok yesterday. I slept in, so by the time I had gotten up my eating was off schedule and stayed that way all day. Hopefully today is better. I got up before the kids to enjoy my coffee, computer time and eat breakfast. This is the one part of the day I am alone.

Have a good one!!

Jennie
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    hi,i haven't been on lately extremely busy we are starting to remodle the kitchen some and it takes a lot work just so wecan get started,i work on it during the week ,and on the weekend he's going to help when he gets home my husband is a truck driver.on sun.i tore up some carpeying from the back hall,so much to do,plus school starting here soon in wisconsin,almost ready for that to hopefully by the weekend.my daughter is 12 and going in her first year of middle school. i have been doing my workouts to yesterday i workout for 90 mins and burned a total of 856 cal.

Patty09-no matter what your weight is on fri.that's what you write down.

I watch DANCE YOUR A..OFF it's a awesome show i watched last night it was good they are looking good.
    well gotta go i have tons to do today plus i do daycare to,and i gotta workout never miss a workout my day of rest is sat.usually cuz my hubby home and we are always busy,but if we are home i'll workout then. Have a great day! i'll try it get on more.
  • angelae39
    Options
    I think the gains should be posted as well. I gained this past week and it really motivated me to get back on track.

Jennie-I am in Chandler AZ-where in AZ are you?
  • malpait
    Options
    We actually just left Gilbert AZ and moved back to Michigan!
  • angl
    Options
    I too think that our weight gain should be posted....We give you our weight and you post it no matter what the weight # is.....lets be true and honest.
    I am born and raised in Michigan.....not happy about it in the winter:frown: :grumble: but I love love the summer, spring, and fall. :happy:
    Thursday is my 57th birthday...not feeling like 57 but its true.
    Im doing a poll......I know my picture says "The cupcake is the enemy" but after all it is my birthday.
    Soooooo

Here is my poll......What do you think?....Should I eat birthday cake or not?

Have a great day!!!!
  • sandif1
    sandif1 Posts: 28
    Options
    Hello everyone I hope you are having a good week.

Angl, I say go ahead and eat the birthday cake. My 56th birthday is September 1, and I am going to eat me a piece of cake and probably some ice cream. :happy:

Patty, I also agree to posting the weight gain.

Everyone have a wonderful and blessed week.
  • angelae39
    Options
    Happy Birthday Angl!! What kind of birthday would it be with no cake? Just remember portion control and you should be fine.
  • patty09
    Options
    Hello Everyone

Sorry a bit late but here are the results

I added in the %of weight loss over the last week and as you can see the overall weight loss %
    Have a look
    http://sites.google.com/site/julystarters/weigh-in-1st-week/3rd-week

Last week we lost all together 23.6lb
    This week we lost all together 12.35lb

It's sill a good amount
    Keep it up
    Patty