Real Women Have Curves

Options

Replies

• autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Everything in our society tells us that women are supposed to be thin, and that's the only way for the world to find us beautiful. So, if we curvier broads can have a little catch phrase that can make us feel better about not being viewed as having the perfect bodies, then so be it! In my humble opinion, it's certainly not intended to make naturally slim, un-curvey women feel less than.

This...If you are very thin with not as many curves that is considered beautiful according to magazines b/c that is how models look but us women who are a little thicker than models & have larger areas(boobs &/or booties) this is something for us to feel good about ourselves with...It's not a put down to anyone else it just helps us feel better & not try to live up the 'Thin is In' stereotype....Otherwise us curvy women would feel like we have to starve ourselves to look like a model....Which we could never get to that point and still be healthy....If you are naturally thin without as many curves then you don't understand how it feels to alway think you have to look like Kate Moss (Waif thin) to be pretty b/c you already have that potential...That is all!!
  • Alacey88
    Alacey88 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Real women have determination, strength, kindness, willpower, and grace. Whether they have a small waist or big booty/boobs has nothing to do with their womanness.

I agree with this as real women experience control of what they want for them not what society want them to be...
  • tmacmoto
    tmacmoto Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    "Real Women Have Curves" - Unknown
    "Matter tells Space how to Curve" - Albert Einstein. In other Words: Space has curves.

Women = Space

This is why Martians Needs Women. They lack curves.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    "Real Women Have Curves" - Unknown
    "Matter tells Space how to Curve" - Albert Einstein. In other Words: Space has curves.

Women = Space

This is why Martians Needs Women. They lack curves.

WIN.
  • missym357
    missym357 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Everything in our society tells us that women are supposed to be thin, and that's the only way for the world to find us beautiful. So, if we curvier broads can have a little catch phrase that can make us feel better about not being viewed as having the perfect bodies, then so be it! In my humble opinion, it's certainly not intended to make naturally slim, un-curvey women feel less than.

I dissagree that everything is society tells us that women are supposed to be thin. There are some major mixed signals going on, that is what I think. Sure, models and movie stars tend to be thinner, so yes, that is the message from the media, but this is not the message from the general population. If you were to poll the general population, the vast majority would tell you that Christina Hendricks is more attractive than Kate Moss. Most people DO find curvier women more attractive. The major female sex symbols of today tend to be curvier women. There are no catch phrases about how attractive skinny petite women are that I am aware of and you certainly don't see them plastered all over facebook with illustrations and mobs of people feeling free to agree and post their opinion. All I seem to hear about are how gross thin women are. The vast majority of women are curvier, so I guess there is power in numbers. Women's body's seem like they are up for criticism no matter what, that is for sure.

BUT, for those of you that think it is great, how would you feel if you were small and not all that curvy and you were faced with these sort of messages all the time? If you were flat -chested and not all that curvy, how do you think it would make you feel to see that sort of thing? Maybe it wouldn't bother you at all, but I sure have moments where it gets to me.
  • elishabeish
    elishabeish Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    First off it is used for the wrong reason. I believe the phrase started to encourage the anorexic girls and bulimic girls to accept that its okay to eat and have a lil meat on the bones. try not to look to far into it we all have our like and dislikes, we are all real women regardless of body shape!
  • HotBodUnderConstruction
    Options
    I'm shaped like Sponge Bob *Square* Pants...so I need to build my own curves. Guess I'm not a real woman:tongue:
  • Tinkerbell1369
    Tinkerbell1369 Posts: 32 Member
    Options

I agree, all my life I have tried to be thin and not so many curves or at least less inches of them. And I watch models and the less curvey woman wearing all these fantastic cloths and trendy things. And go to a bar or a club as a BBW and watch the men trip over their tongues :tongue: :love: to stand beside a less curvy woman. It is very depressing and I would have a lot of space for someone to chat with. Even the BMI says I am supposed to be know more than 145 to be in a healthy range. My Dr. knowing alot of my family and the fact we actually have big bones says 160 - 180 would be a good size for me and healthy and when I was there once way back I would say I looked hot. But cute and hip cloths don't come in that size either and alot of men still don't like that size either.

What about the the catch phrase was "Thin is in" or the way some of the thinner people look at you if you are curvier like we stink eat like pigs, or don't dress nice. I think it is ok for curvier women to have a little catch phrase that makes them feel good about themselves until the day comes that both "Thin and Curves are in" and the norm, and the less curvier ones should be ok with it. Did you know some clothing companies actually charge more as soon as you are in the "plus" sizes.
  • Tinkerbell1369
    Tinkerbell1369 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm shaped like Sponge Bob *Square* Pants...so I need to build my own curves. Guess I'm not a real woman:tongue:

You have a wonderful body and should be proud of it.
  • KellyKAG
    KellyKAG Posts: 418
    Options
    I find the whole say this, but dont say this cause you might offend someone PC crap exhausting.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Real women were born with the genetic and physiological disposition to be and feel female, whether or not their 23rd chromosome matches that fact.

I think that statement is adequately inclusive.

Perfect :P And as someone who never had boobs even when I weighed well over 200lbs, I am pretty confident that I am a real woman, and real women/men/everyone else should just generally stop it with the body fascism, whether it is directed at straight up and down girls or curvy girls.

Also, CURVES DON'T = FAT

Curvy means you have big hips, big boobs, small waist etc
    It doesn't count as a curve if you have ten of them and they're all on your belly.
    You can be skinny and curvy, just as you can be fat and have no curves!
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options

Do you live in a pineapple under the sea. :bigsmile:
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    It's just a saying, like the saying real men love Jesus, well that's just not true it should be more like "Some real men love Jesus" But that doesn't sound as good. It's just a saying that's all.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    It's just a saying, like the saying real men love Jesus, well that's just not true it should be more like "Some real men love Jesus" But that doesn't sound as good. It's just a saying that's all.

I'd find that insulting if I were a non Christian man, tbh. Just because it's a saying doesn't mean it's okay, and it's not about being PC , some of these "sayings" (real women have curves) can genuinely be harmful to society.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    To each their own
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTyJAMZMjvxOSXPRK9zWMYZHY9PclISmMrsv5DGzLf63oel4X6r
    Can we please get off the opinions on body types, already?
  • original_cake_face
    original_cake_face Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    To each their own
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTyJAMZMjvxOSXPRK9zWMYZHY9PclISmMrsv5DGzLf63oel4X6r
    Can we please get off the opinions on body types, already?

Oh my god I miss good cartoons.
  • iKristine
    iKristine Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Real women have determination, strength, kindness, willpower, and grace. Whether they have a small waist or big booty/boobs has nothing to do with their womanness.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    THIS! I imagine that men wouldn't like to be defined by the shape of their bodies... "Real Men have... large ears"

I have large ears. I must therefor be a man...
  • AprilRaineyBattle
    AprilRaineyBattle Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Different sayings mean different things to different ppl.
    Speaking as a woman with curves this particular statement does not encourage me-never has. Probably because I have had "curves" since I was 13. There was nothing I did to get them and I don't believe they make me more of a woman than anyone else. A woman is not defined by her body. Period. Because of my build/body type I will probably never be very tiny either. That being said I really don't believe this statement advocates being unhealthy, that's like saying you can only have curves if you are fat. Some ppl may use it as a reason to stay overweight but I think the majority of us know we are all different shapes, sizes etc...and the smart ones embrace those differences. If someone else uses it as their own "self-help quote" honestly I say whatever moves you...
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    I have large ears. I must therefor be a man...

Nah, you just have extra handles :)
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    I find the whole say this, but dont say this cause you might offend someone PC crap exhausting.

^^This