bump
  • sparklyball
    sparklyball Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    bumpty bump
  • starfishsaving
    starfishsaving Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Ooh, just what I was looking for! Thank you!
  • lunaliberi
    Options
    bump
  • Keeleelee55
    Keeleelee55 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • countryrayne
    Options
    bump. . . thank you!!!
  • gurrl_
    gurrl_ Posts: 69
    Options
    bump :)
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    The exercises described are excellent, but those weights (5-8) and reps (15-20) are not going to give your arms and shoulders the look you want. A heavier weight with fewer reps makes a huge difference.

Find a weight that you can only do 3 sets of 5-8 reps of per exercise. Start at 5 or 8 pounds if that weight is a challenge after the 6th rep. Otherwise, use a heavier weight and increase it when the exercises is too easy after 10 reps.
  • lynette111
    lynette111 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bonthomas85
    Options
    bump thank you :)
  • mester09
    mester09 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Perfect! I need to work on my arms!
  • ck1416
    ck1416 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Thank you - will start tonight...
  • amandamickey
    Options
    The exercises described are excellent, but those weights (5-8) and reps (15-20) are not going to give your arms and shoulders the look you want. A heavier weight with fewer reps makes a huge difference.

Find a weight that you can only do 3 sets of 5-8 reps of per exercise. Start at 5 or 8 pounds if that weight is a challenge after the 6th rep. Otherwise, use a heavier weight and increase it when the exercises is too easy after 10 reps.

Agree to disagree on this - I got great results by using lower weights (I actively use 7-8lbs) and higher reps (15 reps to a set).
  • tomusiakl
    tomusiakl Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I will definitely add these to my weekly routine. Doing them tonight. I just love the advise I get from this website. Thanks
  • CNG223
    CNG223 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • insatiable_need
    insatiable_need Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I have huge bingo wings due to previous weight loss and not doing any arm exercises. Will these help tone them even though it's just excess skin?

Thanks in advance.

I do these exercises on my Total Gym and I have "bingo wings" for the same reason as you. Over the last couple weeks, I can tell that my arms do look a little thinner and more toned with a little less "flapping" (if you get what I'm saying). I figure it's always worth a shot!
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    I sort of hate this type of pandering to women. Upper body means shoulders, chest and upper back. Doing free weight bench press, pull ups/pull downs, military presses, bicep and tricep work would do better than these isolative workouts.

doing a free weight barbell or dumbell already works the triceps along with the chest. reverse curl pull up or pull downs will work the back and biceps

Compound movements ladies. And "toning" is done in the kitchen. Muscle building is done in free weight room