healthy brownies.

Options
Jessastar
Jessastar Posts: 234
This recipe is 56 calories, 3g of fat, 23mg of sodium, and 4g of sugars.

When I found this recipe, I honestly couldn't BELIEVE it. I love chocolate. & Brownies is amazing to me. When I found this recipe, I tried it out and it's actually really good. The brown sugar adds a caramel like flavor to it, it's yummy! Had to share!

Fudgy Brownies:

What you need:

Cooking spray
1/4c unsweetened cocoa powder
plus extra for pan
1/2tsp Baking powder
1/3c all purpose flour
3 tbs vegetable or canola oil
1/2c light brown sugar (OR if you have molasses and white sugar, you can make your own brown sugar. It's 1 tbs molasses, 1 cup of sugar, and mix it/break it down with a fork in a bowl:])
2 large eggs
1tsp vanilla extract

What to do:
Preheat even to 350 degrees.

Lightly spray an 8x8 inch baking dish with cooking spray and coat the pan with cocoa powder.

In a small bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder,baking powder and flour. Set aside.

In a large bowl, using a whisk, combine oil and sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla and whisk until well blended. Gently mix in flour cocoa mixture and transfer the batter to the pan. Bake for 13-15 minutes, taking care not to over bake. A toothpick inserted into the center should not be completely dry, a few moist crumbs on the pick means you will have fudgy brownies.

Makes 18 brownies.

Replies

• beefunk
    beefunk Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    sounds deelish !
  • Jessastar
    Options
    It really is!
  • Keisha2BFitAgain
    Keisha2BFitAgain Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Get_Me_Fit
    Options
    Whats the serving size?
  • 1grammie
    1grammie Posts: 163
    Options
    bump
  • Jessastar
    Options
    The serving size is two brownies
  • fortydaysrain
    fortydaysrain Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU!! I have been craving brownies all day and I just did the stats with egg beaters as a substitute and changed the servings to 12 brownies and it came out to 86 calories per brownie. I'm making these as soon as I get home :)
  • daisyverma
    daisyverma Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    yummy looking recipe

as i am a vegetarian i dont use eggs
    would it be ok to use a banana as a binding agent?
  • suzgyo
    suzgyo Posts: 29
    Options
    Yummy ......bump n thank you!
  • annamerrick
    annamerrick Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    bump..look forward to trying these!
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Thank you Maam. :tongue:
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    bumpppp
  • kaitlynnrogers
    kaitlynnrogers Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    bumppp! will make this weekend!! thank you(:
  • kmayne
    kmayne Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    My hubby is a brownie junkie, but I hate the chemical-loaded box mixes. I love that this is all natural AND low calorie. Definitely going to try them!
  • PeggyWoodson
    PeggyWoodson Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Bump Oh and a bump for my hubby too.
  • biddie1
    biddie1 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Jessastar
    Options
    i'm not sure about the bananas part..But i'm sure you can look over the internet for swaps There's egg substitutes for vegans/vegitarians I'm sure you can find if anything.

Glad you all have been enjoying this recipe! I CRAVE brownies all the time. Anything with chocolate actually. :) So when I found this I HAD to share it! Glad you all enjoy it!
  • Andi_1977
    Andi_1977 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing this! I just made these, with a few minor changes, and they came out soooo good! I used white whole wheat flour, coconut oil instead of veg oil, and added 1/4 c. pecans. Even with these changes, 1/9 of the recipe comes out to only 138 calories!

Of course, I had to kick this up another notch and add 1/4 c. light vanilla ice cream...brownie a la mode for less than 200 calories! I honestly couldn't believe how good it tasted...I wouldn't have believed it was "healthy" if I hadn't crunched the numbers myself.
  • scinamon1
    scinamon1 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • mrsvanderpool
    mrsvanderpool Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Bump