Should i eat less in a day if im going out drinking?

Options

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    I wanna party with you! xD

4 shots and im drooling on the floor :P
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    i usually find its best not to eat at all when I am going to be drinking...that way it takes much less to get absolutely plastered.
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    I agree that it tends to be the extra food items that end up in our mouths when we drink rather than the alcohol. Just track what you drank and drink lots of water. I find that I retain water after a night of drinking so I dont think I would step on the scale the next day. If you only do this once in a while you are fine but if you do it more than once a week I would look at cutting back and maybe having 1 glass of water for every alcoholic drink. Have fun. :)
  • BriskaPacojame
    Options
    Also, those shaming the OP about having 10 shots...do y'all not remember being 18-22?

That was a pretty standard college Saturday night for me...

Amen! lol
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Let's tone down the judgement, everyone. Some people have higher alcohol tolerances than others. I have friends who can take 10 shots and not even be THAT drunk (not me - I'm wasted by 7 :laugh: ) It's college, let her have a good time. Isn't that what going out drinking is for?

Anyway, to answer your question OP, yes those calories count just like any other calories. So you will need to either eat less, exercise more, or just accept that you're going to go over your calorie goal... and then maybe try to stay a little under for the next couple of days to make up for it. Have fun! :drinker:
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    that's binge drinking. just because you're a college student doesn't mean you should abuse alcohol. i did that...and ended up in a sorry, sorry place. try to responsibly enjoy alcohol. please eat healthfully and drink responsibly. i'm not kidding.

People drink. Sometimes large amounts on occasion. That doesn't mean the original poster is abusing alcohol. Jeez.

Anyway, I'd use your drinking day as a cheat day...I've attempted to save enough calories for my booze [i normally have bout 10 shots too] and it just never works out. Lol.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    Also, those shaming the OP about having 10 shots...do y'all not remember being 18-22?

That was a pretty standard college Saturday night for me...

Amen! lol

I agree! So what if she wants to drink in college? Thats nothing new xD
  • AmberLovesey
    AmberLovesey Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone being helpful and not to judgemental :) the negative posts really put me in a mood and your positive posts brought me out of it :)

I know that 10 shots it a bit much, but thats just the maximum i think i could have! i could probs be drunk of about 4 :p i just rounded wayy up to make sure i didnt go under :D

Im gonna excersise before i go out :) and my 8 hour standing/lifting shift should do something right? :)
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Workout right before you drink. Then you will have extra calories and get ****faced by the second drink. LEWLZ
  • MsMarlaMae
    MsMarlaMae Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I do, every day.

I love my booze, and make sure to have room for it in my calories every day. Yep, I shouldn't, as everyone loves to tell me. I point out that i'm 65 lbs down and still losing. There is no one way to lose weight, find out what works for you and do it.

Sounds like you are smart about it, keeping good folks around you, have a great time!
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with getgting your drink on every now and then. I can easily sink a bottle of wine on a night out, usually about 520 calories per bottle so a good hard workout that day and the day before should prepare you.

Have a great time!
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Honestly, when I do this, I don't eat less, need the food to help metabolize the alcohol. You eat 500 calories less and then take 10 shots of vodka, you will be in bad shape. Just make sure you dance a lot and work it off.
  • SunnyHays
    Options
    EW, one more thing I did as I read how everyone is saying you'll want snacks. I packed in my purse like 100 calorie almonds, or Turkey Jerky for when/if I did get hungry. And that way I didn't indulge in the bar food:)
  • tinamina78
    tinamina78 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I hate to be Devil's advocate here, but prior to my injury I would drink on weekends with my friends and YES I did still lose or maintain my weight. I realize some people have different opinions, but I enjoy going out drinking with friends and I'm not a college kid. I did eat less that day to allow for some of it, and I would also workout that morning to allow for some of it. While I couldn't do 10 shots, I could definitely do a bottle of wine or some beers. MGD 64 is a good option if you want to drink the night away and not use up too many calories. I think Rolling Rock Green Light is also extremely low in calories. I say, LIVE IT UP! If your lifestyle calls for nights out having fun with drinks, then you find a way to make it work into your plan!

^^^ This. Stop being so judgmental, peeps! She said she was in college, she said she stays hydrated and she has good friends that look out for each other.

Do what you think is best, girl! Have fun! You can always go over calories tonight and then work it off over tomorrow and the next day. Your body doesn't work on each individual day's stats, it works on an AVERAGE of your habits over time. So if you average a deficit, you get healthy nutrients and exercise on most days, then you'll be ok.

Everyone is different and what works for some doesn't work for others. Anyone who says it's IMPOSSIBLE to lose weight because you like to go all out every once in a while must live a pretty dull life. Do what makes ya happy and what works for you. :drinker:
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Seriously? It's a given? Please grab your shoulders and pull hard. You have the choice. Choose to drink water.
  • twisted88
    twisted88 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    If you're actively planning on drinking either 10 shots of vodka or a bottle of wine, you should really just give up on the idea of losing weight and save yourself the mental anguish.
    You can't binge drink and lose weight. Sorry but it's the truth. If you're planning on drinking that much, it doesn't matter how many calories you leave out of your diet for the day.. You can't 'cancel out' 10 shots or a full bottle of wine.
    If the OP isn't doing it all the time I don't see what's wrong with it. My ex-SO and I are planning on having a fun drinking/movie all nighter tomorrow night. I'm purposely saving some calories today and tomorrow (but mainly the calories saved are for the "drunk eatting", and am also going to working my butt off before I go to his place.

And no I don't drink much anymore, but with planning and it only being an occasional thing, I don't see the problem.
  • dawnmariern
    dawnmariern Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Work out more to make up the difference since it's important to have eaten good before you go out drinking. :)

10 shots? Oh, I remember those days but it was either Jack or tequila for me. lol Be safe! THe parent in me now says that you should not drink that much, just sayin...... Have fun!!

Agree 100% Have fun and be safe!! And remember to hydrate...that is the nurse in me.
  • ajz2010
    ajz2010 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I hate to be Devil's advocate here, but prior to my injury I would drink on weekends with my friends and YES I did still lose or maintain my weight. I realize some people have different opinions, but I enjoy going out drinking with friends and I'm not a college kid. I did eat less that day to allow for some of it, and I would also workout that morning to allow for some of it. While I couldn't do 10 shots, I could definitely do a bottle of wine or some beers. MGD 64 is a good option if you want to drink the night away and not use up too many calories. I think Rolling Rock Green Light is also extremely low in calories. I say, LIVE IT UP! If your lifestyle calls for nights out having fun with drinks, then you find a way to make it work into your plan!

Agreed! You can still drink and lose weight. Just do it in moderation and maybe throw in an extra workout this weekend. It's no different than eating bad for a day. Enjoy yourself!
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Yeah, because having less food in your gut to soak up that much alcohol is a brilliant idea. :noway:
  • tinamina78
    tinamina78 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Seriously? It's a given? Please grab your shoulders and pull hard. You have the choice. Choose to drink water.

Seriously? What she's saying is she's going to because she WANTS to. What's the point in posting such an unhelpful comment on a topic that clearly indicates she's going to consume alcohol? Seriously. Not everyone thinks teetotalism is the only answer. Do you also tell young people that no sex is the only option all the time?