Croc Pot Chicken Tacos

Options

Replies

• lyngoode
    lyngoode Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I make this every Sunday and then freeze the pre-measured portions so that I can just thaw out one serving at a time! Thanks for posting!
  • hanahlai
    hanahlai Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    bump! Sounds yummy
  • chelsiecav
    Options
    bump
  • Monda
    Monda Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Gonna try this tomorrow ... sounds great!
  • Stacyd73
    Stacyd73 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I will have to try this.:)
  • ChristineDB
    ChristineDB Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    YUM!
  • Darhep
    Darhep Posts: 25
    Options
    Bump
  • bozkitty
    bozkitty Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I make this recipe all the time. One bag of frozen chicken breasts, any jar of salsa you want, and any spices you want. I shred the chicken and let it cook for another half hour usually.

After the chicken is done cooking, I separate portions into muffin cups and freeze it. This yeilds the perfect portion for a taco that you can quickly thaw in the microwave, and it makes it easier to count calories!
  • DJtrvl
    DJtrvl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I do this same recipe, however after I shred the chicken, i toss it back into the crock pot, and add in a block of fat free cream cheese and let it melt into the mixture.
  • sb1023
    sb1023 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    bump! sounds good!
  • AReasor
    AReasor Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    When I make this I leave out the salsa, but use fresh peppers, onions, splash of low sodium chicken broth, and grape tomatoes. So flavorful and tender when it is done. It is one my Hubby's favorites.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe..mine are cooking right now while I am at work. Can't wait to go home and try them, the anticipation is killing me!
  • fit921
    fit921 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Princess721
    Princess721 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • FHerndon01
    Options
    I made this last night and added in the refried beans as well. SO GOOD. Thank you for sharing!
  • CapsFan17
    CapsFan17 Posts: 198
    Options
    I was just looking for a quick dinner for those nights where we both work late, this is perfect!! Thanks for sharing! :smile:
  • jsjaclark
    jsjaclark Posts: 303
    Options
    So I made this yesterday - put in bell pepper and onion as well. Came out great!!! Was very easy to make.
  • emmabooters
    emmabooters Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I made these saturday. Added some black beans and brown rice to the mixture though. It was amazing. And my kids loved it!! Will absolutely keep for family dinner nights. PS instead of using the tortilla I used lettuce leaves for my serving.
  • MrsValentine
    MrsValentine Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Bump. Thanks for posting.