Chicken Breast ideas!?

Options

Replies

• mountaingirl222
    Options
    Got this recipe from the biggest loser cookbook and I love it. Thought I would share.

3/4 cup grilled chicken breasts shredded or chopped
    1 1/2 tbsp red onion chopped
    1 1/2 tbsp cucumbers chopped
    1 1/2 tbsp low fat mayo
    1/2 tsp green curry paste
    1 tsp lime juice
    1 whole wheat pita cut in half
    2 leaves green lettuce

serves 2 186 calories, 20g protein, 16 g carbs,5 g fat, 48 mg cholesterol, 2 g fiber, 304 mg sodium

Cook chicken. chop veggies. Mix the mayo and curry paste together. put all ingredients in bowl and stir in mayo mixture
  • mrssmith636
    mrssmith636 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    ooh im glad you liked it.

you have a crockpot?

chicken breasts on bottom
    can of corn
    can of kidney beans (or whateve ryou like)
    jar of salsa or picante sauce

cook for however long you need to (all crockpots are different)

last 30mins add in a block of light cream cheese - cook till melted

eat plain, over rice, in a wrap...DELICIOUS...

OMG! This sounds amazing. Going to have to try.
  • sammybear521
    sammybear521 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    bump... I love these ideas
  • samielee09
    Options
    Been eating chicken every day for 6 years it feels like.

1.) Salad with chicken strips usa salsa & hot sauce (both low fat & low calorie!) as dressing with a TINY amount of ranch if needed. Can add tortilla strips, corn etc.

2.) Chicken burritos, wraps, etc.

3.) Chicken and corn with salsa over brown rice

4.) chicken and broccoli stir fry

5.) BBQ Chicken

6.) Chicken "pot pie" (make the filling with healthy substitutes & extra veggies eat over a piece of toast or whole what pita instead of the pie crust
  • elishabeish
    elishabeish Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Someone posted this recipie this morning and I made it for supper, it was so yummy, even my picky eaters enjoyed it!!

Skinny Chicken Casserole
    • 1lb chicken breast boneless, skinless
    • 1 package frozen broccoli, broken apart
    • 1 can reduced fat cream of mushroom soup
    • 3 T. fat free mayo
    • 1 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese

Directions
    • Boil chicken breast until done and drain. When cool enough to handle, cut into 1-inch pieces.
    • In a square or round casserole dish, mix mayo and soup. Add broccoli and chicken and mix well. Sprinkle with cheese.
    • Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.

Servings Per Recipe: 4
    Amount Per Serving: Calories: 272.5; Total Fat: 6.4g; Total Carbs: 15.8g; Dietary Fiber: 3.4 g; Protein: 36.2 g

I didn't use the mayo because I didn't see the point, and I used a broccoli, cauliflower, carrot mix because that is what I had available.
  • PeggyWoodson
    PeggyWoodson Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Stevearoonie
    Stevearoonie Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Bump. I've gotta try this out.
  • Solislu
    Solislu Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Mmmm..making blacklabobb's chicken wrap for sure!!
  • trinaballerina75
    trinaballerina75 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Lots of yummy ideas to try out, thanks :)
  • StephL0711
    StephL0711 Posts: 141
    Options
    bump
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/cilantro-lime-chicken-with-avocado-salsa-10000001886432/

Make this for dinner last night, even the kids liked it! I absolutely loved it and was disappointed there weren't any leftovers!!!!
  • fdlafon
    fdlafon Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Some great recipe ideas all - Thanks for sharing!
  • skinny_poohbear
    Options
    You can do Chicken Spaghetti with Whole Wheat Pasta
  • jameslea
    jameslea Posts: 2
    Options
    Bump
  • TRISHA9714
    Options
    Dijon Chicken

1lb of chicken breast
    1/2 cup of dijon mustard
    1/4 cup maple syrup
    1T rice wine vinegar
    Fresh rosemary (if desired)

Pre-heat oven to 450. Salt and Pepper the chicken. Mix together the dijon mustard, maple syrup and rice wine vinegar and pour over chicken. Cook for 20 mins. or until done. Let rest for 5 mins and sprinkle with fresh rosemary, if desired.
  • laurelmc
    laurelmc Posts: 7
    Options
    I just grilled some chicken yesterday that turned out pretty good. I got the pre-sliced breast strips so they were already nice and thin (you could do this yourself too), just brushed some low-sodium soy sauce over them and grilled them. Only took a couple minutes on each side and they were so good! I've been eating mine over salad but would be good in a wrap or alone also.
  • pgfatty
    pgfatty Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    i cut the chicken breast into thin strips- marinade with soy sauce ,pepper, cayenne pepper.

grill on pan until fully cooked
    add 1 can of koo chakalaka ( i like the one with extra chillies)
    add this to durum wheat pasta.

delish.......
  • DrivenDiva
    DrivenDiva Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • DrivenDiva
    DrivenDiva Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Found this one on All Recipes and made it twice already this week--it is over the top delicious!

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/chicken-breasts-with-balsamic-vinegar-and-garlic/detail.aspx

4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
    salt and pepper to taste
    3/4 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
    2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    6 cloves garlic
    1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
    3/4 cup chicken broth
    1 bay leaf
    1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
    1 tablespoon butter

Directions

Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Rinse the mushrooms and pat dry. Season the flour with salt and pepper and dredge the chicken breasts in the flour mixture. Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat and saute the chicken until it is nicely browned on one side (about 3 minutes).
    Add the garlic. Turn the chicken breasts and scatter the mushrooms over them. Continue frying, shaking the skillet and stirring the mushrooms. Cook for about 3 minutes, then add the vinegar, broth, bay leaf and thyme. Cover tightly and simmer over medium low heat for 10 minutes, turning occasionally.
    Transfer the chicken to a warm serving platter and cover with foil. Set aside. Continue simmering the sauce, uncovered, over medium high heat for about 7 minutes. Swirl in the butter or margarine and discard the bay leaf. Pour this mushroom sauce mixture over the chicken and serve.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Google "Chicken Breast" and "marinade." Make the marinade, put it in a plastic bag with the chicken breast, which has been flattened, marinade, grill or fry. I found a great marinade recipe that called for soy sauce, ginger, mustard and lemon, among other things. It was delicious.