is it considered flirting?

Options

Replies

• HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I recently got hired as chef In an italian restaurant.....after meeting everyone I was greeted by a female waitress who shook my hand softly ....after a formal introduction .....she placed.her finger on my left chest muscle like in a soft poking gesture....as she slowly brushed passed and walked.away.....what would u do? how would you react? what do you think I should do the next time we are around each other?

She probably couldnt help herself because you are fine as wine. What to do? I am with the others and say - HIT IT!
  • ColCul
    ColCul Posts: 53
    Options
    Sounds like flirting to me. I can't speak for all women, but I try to keep my hands off men I'm not interested in. A man who intrigues me ... I'll look for an excuse to touch him, as in "Oh, excuse me. I'm just trying to go over there, and your tall, muscular self is in the way."

Oh, oh! I am a touchy-feely sort of girl. I almost always touch someone during a conversation, usually the arm, and am not flirting. I hope I haven't confused people.
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Just walk up to her and lick her face. If she's interested she'll lick back.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Y.O.L.O.

That's your sign!!!

You only live once that's the motto...

Ahh Drake.
  • Parris420
    Parris420 Posts: 69
    Options
    Without knowing anything else- my guess is she's the workplace flirt who loves to have guys under her control. I've been you in that situation.

Best thing to do is play it like you aren't bothered about her at all. If you can slip into a conversation how you get on so well, it's like she's your sister...winner winner....make her wonder why you aren't bothered and she'll be onnnn you lol

If you believe it's a privilege for her to get with you then so will she...

damnnnn that's real talk you think I would have learned from my previous situations..... that's good game bruh...I will defently use that to my advantage.....my only problem is im not patient...if I see it ....I want it ....I get it ....
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Wave your hand at her. Chicks dig that.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    This is the 2nd thread I've read by you, and you're already weirding me out.

You remind me of that dannylives guy or whatever. Who's gonna out-hunk mfp somehow.
  • LindseySprake
    LindseySprake Posts: 333 Member
    Options

THIS!!!
    Defo do this. hahahahahaha!
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options

disgusting!

A touch on the arm- harmless. A pec rub... she couldn't keep her hands off you.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    I see you are young. A good thing! But, take it from an old lady that has had some experience in this area: NEVER, NEVER date (or do anything else naughty) with a co-worker, or especially your boss. End results: one of you will lose your job, at the very least. It is NOT worth it. And if it's with someone who's been there longer than you; it will be YOU (or both of yas) who loses the job. And it definitely won't be your boss.

Good luck with your career as a chef.
  • Parris420
    Parris420 Posts: 69
    Options
    Bone her.
    we need more women like you!!!
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    if I see it ....I want it ....I get it ....

YESSSS!!!!
  • hotelsierra
    Options

:laugh: ^^^^^^ Love this! ! ^^^^^^ :laugh:
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    The last time I did that, HR said it was sexual harassment.
  • Genozid
    Genozid Posts: 30
    Options
    Sounds like she wants attention IMO.

Play games with her, if she wants you, YOU'D KNOW.

And if you dont, then you couldn't handle it anyway.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Don't date or sleep with coworkers. Just don't....

Yes, she was flirting.
  • davcro
    davcro Posts: 11
    Options
    I worked for about 4 years at an Italian restaurant and we constantly flirted with each other, even though we had a sexual harrassment policy that said no touching-servers flirt with customers to get better tips, it's part of the culture and I'm not saying it's right or wrong but just that it probably goes on in every restaurant. The only way you will know if she was flirting as in "invitation to more flirting" or just casual "you're cute" is to ask her what she meant by it. There's also a kind of "fresh meat" mentality at restaurants (there was a whole comedy movie made about it) where people play little tricks and talk about the results amongst themselves to see what you are made of and who might be first to win the conquest so beware.....
  • davcro
    davcro Posts: 11
    Options
    referring to the quote, like her face, :noway: cute but you may also get fired, sued or worse, charged with a crime!
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Wave your hand at her. Chicks dig that.

She's right. When I am too lazy to utter my usual pickup line I go with this.
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    "dating" in the workplace can be a dangerous thing. I'd tell her she makes you feel uncomfortable when she does that, then decide if you want to add "...at work." what you do outside the workplace with your spare time is your business.

Gibbes' rule #12....never date a coworker.