Options

Replies

• ninaquelinda
    Options
    Not just you, dating sucks!
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Most women my age come with some type of drama!! Whatever happened to treating a man like a King!!!
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    After 35 years of failed relationships I've just come to expect things to not work out. I just don't try very hard anymore.
  • original_cake_face
    original_cake_face Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I dunno, maybe I just got lucky, or maybe it's just my personality. My husband and I have been together for over 6 years now. When the relationship started, there was no bull****ting, no trying to make eachother jealous like a lot of couples do.. I told him I loved him, he told me he loved me. We have always been honest and open with each other (it's the main rule of our relaionship, and one that's never broken). If one of us is pissed off, we let the other one know.

I guess I just don't have patience for games. I think it's petty and childish the back-and-forth some couples do. Be together and be real, or move the **** on.

Edit: I type like an idiot.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I'm new to dating and so far it's been fun.

It does get complicated when feelings start to get involved when looking for a serious relationship but it's all a journey. Plus, if the guy I'm after isn't after me well there'll be someone else. There always is.

I don't like games and don't consider myself a game player in the dating world. If I sense a guy is playing the games, I'll speak up and maybe walk away.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Dating has become difficult lately. Not as difficulat as if my wife finds out, though.
  • sixisCHANGEDjk
    Options
    Dating has become difficult lately. Not as difficulat as if my wife finds out, though.

I agree with you. We've been married almost 16 years. She'd never allow it.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Haven't tried it in over 30 years. DH would not be happy and I think it is too dang much work. LOL
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I think it's cyclic depending on a lot of things such as popular culture and the economy.
    I think it's always been hard. It's a jungle out there.
  • Geminieve24
    Geminieve24 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I'm still seeing my ex...complicated. I dated people here and there for awhile. I'm too busy right now to date so I guess seeing the ex (without focusing on the emotions) is fine for me for right now. I do say it's tougher the older you get. Everyone seems to be settling down.
    You have to go into it with no agenda. I think most women do that. They date to find an outcome. I believe in enjoying one's self, and if there is chemistry, you go from there. But in the meantime, date! Have fun!
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I've not dated in 2 years. I firmly believe it to be because of my weight. I'm on plenty of fish.com and find that I get the men sending me emails saying if I lost the weight I might could date but being my height and size I'm only good for a booty call. Then they get mad because I won't just have sex with them, even though I don't know them. I'm about ready to join a convent. ugh.... LOL

What?? They actually say (e-mail) that to you??? How incredibly rude!!
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I personally don't date hardly at all. I just don't get out and meet enough people, I guess. It's not that I don't want to date; I do, but I just never do it. I've never been a big "dater," even when I was 50 lbs. lighter and had a nicer bod. I guess it's an art that I haven't mastered yet. lol
  • ninaquelinda
    Options
    I've not dated in 2 years. I firmly believe it to be because of my weight. I'm on plenty of fish.com and find that I get the men sending me emails saying if I lost the weight I might could date but being my height and size I'm only good for a booty call. Then they get mad because I won't just have sex with them, even though I don't know them. I'm about ready to join a convent. ugh.... LOL

Even if you weighed less you would still get emails like that. I was on there and would get a lot of crazy mail like that, but at least if they are up front about their intentions you can say no and move on. If they get mad you can block them. There are some good guys on that site but you have to sift through a lot of idiots to find them. Good Luck!
  • sallywilson06
    sallywilson06 Posts: 269 Member
    Options

That's terrible.. DON'T let ANYONE tell you that you are only good enough for a booty call!!! You are more than that and if you believe it then it will just hurt you more in the end! Good for you for not letting them walk all over you, but don't think less of yourself because some *kitten* thinks you should look and act a certain way!! Stay strong and get off from the online dating websites. Most of the men on there are only looking for a piece from someone that is insecure. You will find someone when you least expect it!!
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    After 35 years of failed relationships I've just come to expect things to not work out. I just don't try very hard anymore.

^^^ This!!
  • bitty1taz
    bitty1taz Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be single soon and I'm trying to accept that I may not date either. I'm not very pretty and now I'm "fluffy". So yeah...probably going to be alone.
    Hopefully you have better luck than I have.
  • Hernandeak11
    Hernandeak11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    When I first met my SO we were both going after other people, and rooting for eachother too! lol

Two years later (last year) we were single, and realized how ridiculously much we had in common, and have been inseparable ever since.

Previously, I went AT LEAST 9 months to a year between relationships, and never really got discouraged. It gave myself a lot of time to work on ME
  • Melk967
    Melk967 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I agree with whoever said they just have trouble finding people to date! Everyone here seems to get married young or they're no good losers. I am thinking about breaking up with my boyfriend, and I feel like part of the reason I'm postponing it is that I just don't want to be single again. It was so easy to find dates in college, but after my relationship ended my senior year if took me 2 years to get a new boyfriend. Ugh. I wish I had dating problems, haha.
  • Panda_Path
    Panda_Path Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am 26, haven't been in a labeled relationship since 2006 and have had only one potential partner since 2007. For me, I think it's just that I have trouble meeting people. I don't work, no longer go to school, and I don't go "out". I do have a profile on okcupid but don't get too many messages. I went on a date last autumn, had one the spring before that, and yeah that's been about it :P.

I'm not too worried about it. If/when I find someone, they will be AWESOME and totally worth the wait. And it helped when I stopped the pity party of "never finding someone". Just chill and accept what happens in your life :).
  • najh4
    najh4 Posts: 28
    Options
    Dating is lame... WAY too much work!! haha