Favorite Ways To Eat Avocado

Options

Replies

• missleah26
    missleah26 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    A kale/tomato/avocado salad is sooooooooo good! http://kidtestedfirefighterapproved.com/2012/02/06/kale-avocado-salad/

ETA: and baked avocado fries! Crispy on the outside, creamy on the inside OMGGGGGG http://diana212m.blogspot.com/2011/10/baked-avocado-fries.html

Guacamole, too. I could eat a gallon of guac with chips! Nice and garlicky, please! Or on sandwiches, or in egg salad, or in a burrito or any other way I can finagle it. I just wish avocados weren't so expensive here, like $1.50 each!

If I ever forget I have one cut (a rarity, I assure you), I like to mash it up and put it on my face. Seriously. It's a great moisturizing masque. Do that after a honey/oatmeal scrub and your face will thank you for days.

You guys got me seriously avocado-crazy now.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I like to smash them up and put them in a bacon, egg, avocado wrap for breakfast
  • andrejjorje
    andrejjorje Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Not about avocados you should be careful but about potatoes. LOL!!!

I have to be careful about these, I could easily go overboard and eat them in every meal of the day and as a snack... but usually I eat two a week...half an avocado at a time.

Today I sliced some and put it on a baked potato with reduced fat sour cream and shredded cheddar. It was SOOO so good!

So how do you like you avocado?
  • monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    So many delicious ideas!!! Def. gonna have to try some!!
  • live2dream
    live2dream Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    also this recipe: http://www.thekindlife.com/post/cheesy-oozy-guacamole-bean-dip-2

it's vegan, i used Daiya pepperjack...and my omnivore friends couldn't tell the difference and could not stop eating it and raving about it!! :))
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Nice chopped up and cooked with tofu and a little sauce, or I just chop it up and have it with cottage cheese.
    It is packed full of nutrition and good fats, so I don't tend to worry about eating too many, although I only have maybe a couple every few weeks as I like to have variety from day to day.
  • laurentapia
    laurentapia Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    avocados on toast!!!
  • LReneeWalker
    LReneeWalker Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    This is yummy! We tried it and even my 12 year old liked it. He likes nothing. ;)

http://lifehacker.com/5881942/bake-an-egg-in-an-avocado-for-a-fast-and-healthy-breakfast-treat
    this one made me puke .. baked avocado ich
  • scottywor
    scottywor Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Halved, Cored, Little lime. garlic puree, onion powder, pepper.... OMG my favourite....

OR ON......UMMMM ANYTHING!!!!!

Still haven't found a great way to store the other half, i douse it with lime juice, and get most air out of Ziploc, and that seems to be ok for a few hours, but as for the next day, not so much... And I don't always want to eat a whole avocado, although I know I could afford it...

Any storage suggestions?
  • new318
    new318 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Im half filipeano and we eat it the same way. :D
  • CharliSue
    CharliSue Posts: 81
    Options
    I just saw this last night & I must try it. It looks so delish!!

http://www.bakeyourday.net/white-cheddar-grilled-cheese-avocado-tomato/

(I guess you have to copy & paste the link into your browser)
  • Pohudet
    Pohudet Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I just spread a quarter of an avocado on half a slice of Trader Joe's European style bread. may add some salt. It's delicious!
  • Brandie6004
    Options
    bumping to save for ideas
  • heidiwebs
    heidiwebs Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I love in any salad combo, especially with light hidden valley ranch and the fresh express santa fe torilla strips. And definitely on any turkey burgers or chicken sandwiches!
  • Artabor
    Artabor Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sliced, with pepper and fresh squeezed lemon. Pure yumminess.
  • kyt1206
    kyt1206 Posts: 101
    Options
    -Nori
    -Avocado
    -Imitation Crab sticks
    -Daikon
    -Carrots
    -Cucumber

shred the veggies, soften the nori with a little mirin mixed with lots of water, put avocado, crab sticks, veggie shreds in center, wrap like a burrito, MMMMMM sushi sans rice :P
  • dwtimeoutt
    dwtimeoutt Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I like to cut it into 1/4 servings. I use 1/4 and spread it on my flat bread and add a dash or two of salt. Then I lay my turkey meat out, slice tomatoes, onions and sprouts and roll it into a wrap. Yummy lunch. Low calorie, Fills me up and satisfies me.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I don't eat avocados... maybe I should...
  • klbaierwalter
    klbaierwalter Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    In sushi!!! I made some sushi tonight with dinner, it was fantastic! The leftover avocado was sliced and put into a delicious salad with veggies and a homemade dressing. DELICIOUS!!!
  • Redbird99ky
    Redbird99ky Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    With a spoon. Otherwise it gets all over me:laugh:

yup. spoon, salt. 'nuff said.

^^^^^THIS!!! My favorite way is straight out of the rind with a little salt. I slice it in the rind with the backside of a butter knife (doesn't cut through the skin!) and spoon it out. I could eat two or three a day, but I try to limit myself to one, cause of all the fat in them.