Team Gale or Team Peeta?

Options

Replies

• TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    As a fan of both the books and the movie, I am calling party foul on trying to Twilight up the Hunger Games. The punishment is you now must face Cato and Clove in preliminary death, while only being armed with a copy of Twilight. :tongue:
  • bubblie117
    bubblie117 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    SPOILER!!!! Peeta! Gale can be too angry and clingy... I mean I like him as a best friend for her, but then in the end he leaves and chooses the capitol over his life with her in district 12... Peeta never left. He's perfect.
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    I like Peeta, Gale was okay but more of a brother. Peeta was pretty cute, awkward, but cute. Then again it could just be me being attracted to the under dogs of the world.
  • mae1020
    mae1020 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I just started the 2nd book. After reading book 1 and seeing the movie i'm Team Peeta...so far!
  • Daydreams406
    Daydreams406 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I always liked Gale better in the books, but I felt like he kinda gave up at the end. And all that b-s (SPOILER ALERT) about him being in/directly responsible for the ACCIDENT that would keep Katniss from ever loving him. All felt like a cop-out so they could wrap it up with a happily ever after. That, and I'm always a much bigger sucker for dark hair and broody eyes.

Oh I totally agree with you. Once I finished the books, It was just a tad disappointing.
  • AliciaBeth78
    AliciaBeth78 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Ok, just finished the first book last night so my opinion may not count! But I did start the 2nd book - also last night! and I'm seeing the movie tonight!

Peeta just seems like a raging p*ssy! He'd rather bake than hunt, he gets hurt like ALL the time. But so far Gale hasn't impressed me either?

I'm on team Kat - the b*tch rocks!
  • Farfourah
    Farfourah Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    OMG don't Twilightize the HUNGER GAMES!!!! PLEEEASE =(((((
  • mseraf713
    mseraf713 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    If its Josh Hutcherson vs Liam Hemsworth- I take Liam Hemsworth!

Book Peeta vs Book Gale- Peeta all the way!
    13519485 Posts: 264
    Options
    SPOILER ALERT
    SPOILER ALERT
    SPOILER ALERT
    SPOILER ALERT
    SPOILER ALERT

Having read the books I have to go with the obvious choice, Peeta. I've been on Peeta's side from The Hunger Games through the end of Mockingjay. I even kept him as the favourite after the Capitol had altered his brain to make him hate and want to kill Katniss. I knew he'd come around and that his love for her would conquer what the Capitol had done to him. Even at the end of the series he's still having a difficult time telling real memories from Capitol-altered ones. But Katniss still loves him, and says so, finally, at the end of Mockingjay when they end up together for real. Who am I to question the Mockingjay? lol She loses so much of her life from the 74th Hunger Games through the end of War with the Capitol, including the one person she loved more than anything else in the world. She deserves the happiness she finds with Peeta at the end, and I just don't think she'd be as happy with Gale. :flowerforyou:

Edit: I knew with the release of the film that this whole "Team Gale vs Team Peeta" thing would get going. I refuse to say that I am "Team" anything. lol I realise though that this probably got started by those who haven't read the trilogy, and that's fine. It's still kind of silly. :tongue:
  • TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    Throughout the books Gale had shown good qualities, and was always someone to count on with no fear, but in the third book Mrs. Susan screwed his image to make him look like a brave nobrainer jerk, so no wonder Peeta has so many fangirls & fanladies. Personally Gale represented almost accurately the masculine side of a man with his flaws but with a genuine heart. Peeta in the other hand represents the 'ideal' nice guy. Calm, collected and slightly shy, but determined to his resolves. I liked both characters for what each of them brought to the drama. I just didn't like the way Susan managed the end of trilogy. It looked like she was in a hurry to take her own side.
  • shanna0413
    shanna0413 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Team Peeta!!
  • Hailei
    Hailei Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I read the books and after I finished the last one, I had this huge hate for Gale. But after the movie... ufff... Gale is so much more attractive and it's hard to remember his mistakes...
    But as far as characters are concerned, I'm gonna stick with Peeta :)
  • Flippiefloppies
    Options
    Before the movie came out I was for both.. I don't find the Peeta in the movie very attractive so I am totally team Gale all the way now =)
  • jill92787
    jill92787 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Gale is the guy you love passionately and want to tie to a bed haha. It's a crazy ride and it's risky.

Peeta is the guy you settle for because he's comfortable and dependable after someone else breaks your heart. It's the easy, safe choice.

TEAM GALE ALL THE WAY! To truly love is to risk getting really hurt, but it's worth so much more than someone you make yourself care for because it's who you're "supposed" to love.
  • stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    PEETA!!!!!!
  • dezi718
    dezi718 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Peeta!! :)
  • Rabbitfeet
    Rabbitfeet Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I may drop some spoilers here if you havent read the book dont continue reading :) I am definitely team Peeta. I have to agree with Titan who said he didnt like how Suzanne wound up the trilogy. It felt very forced. Gale just disappears and her and Peeta wind up growing to love eachother. I understand how Gale feels there is no coming back from his contribution to the death of Prim but there wasnt even a proper conversation between Katniss and him telling her his POV he was portreyed as the bad guy. I think Suzanne was obviously team peeta too and wanted the audience on her side and so gradually made Gale seem more and more unlikeable.
    Liam Hemsworth is a complete babe but even still I found myself drawn to Peeta as a character in the film and finding him really attractive. Cutest little smile in the world and he would do anything to protect the girl he loves.. swoon..such an attractive quality :)
  • LilRedPitViper
    Options
    Such a hard decision. Both have good and bad qualities.

In the end, though, I think I'm Team Peeta.
  • mikda999
    mikda999 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I just finished the books last week and saw the movie. I'm really torn by this one. There is no one clear cut answer. I think Gale fits better, but then Peeta has shared some of the same experiences with Katniss too.

I guess team Peeta!!! He's just so darn cute and real!
  • darkknightfan
    darkknightfan Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Team Muttations .......

JK !!:laugh: