Wealth or a faithful, true love?

Options

Replies

• D446
    D446 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised so many people are choosing wealth. That's ridiculous.
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Love. Every time love. Money can't keep you warm at night, nor can it cuddle you when you're feeling sad.
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I make plenty of money, but trust me it doesn't buy happiness.
  • jcriscuolo
    jcriscuolo Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I have a faithful true love now - my wife of 35 years. A little wealth would be nice but I am happy where I am at.
    'Love is all you need'
  • Mongoose7
    Mongoose7 Posts: 52
    Options
    Love
  • kwith1014
    kwith1014 Posts: 144
    Options
    FAITHFUL TRUE LOVE -- especially with the situation I'm in now -- newly single :(

Question is... Is there such a thing?
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    Neither....
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    Love. With wealth I'd constantly be questioning whether anyone was with me because of me or my money.

^^Bingo!
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    FAITHFUL TRUE LOVE -- especially with the situation I'm in now -- newly single :(

Question is... Is there such a thing?
    Yes. :flowerforyou:
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I want it all.
  • SueGremlin
    Options
    I broke up with a very wealthy man to date my now-husband, whose salary was 19,400 a year at the time. So you tell me. :smile:
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    This is a serious question, because finances are a major cause of trouble in a couple. You have to be on the same page with regards to financial goals, and lifestyle. And then have the capacity to work at achieving those goals. And be ready to be flexible when life gets in the way of the plans. That is where love and commitment come in---the old "for better or for worse".
  • takehimaway
    takehimaway Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Do we get to pick the love, who is in love with us, I mean? If so, I'll go with love. If not, money!!
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Faithful, true love.
  • SueGremlin
    Options
    This is a serious question, because finances are a major cause of trouble in a couple. You have to be on the same page with regards to financial goals, and lifestyle. And then have the capacity to work at achieving those goals. And be ready to be flexible when life gets in the way of the plans. That is where love and commitment come in---the old "for better or for worse".
    Sure.
    I guess my issue is why is it either/or? Does your partner need to support you? What if you support your partner?
  • krissypea79
    krissypea79 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Depends on how you are defining wealth. I'd take love and a middle class income. But I'd choose wealth over being dirt poor. All the love in the world isn't going to make me happy if I don't have enough money to care for my children or loved ones.

I was going to say love until I read this. I know "money can't buy happiness," but there are limits to how strong a relationship can be when there are money problems...like it or not, money is a big part of life.
  • Rjdj3530
    Rjdj3530 Posts: 154
    Options
    I've learned even the "good guys" can be swayed. To believe in love ok. To believe in absolute faithfulness..nah. I see all the time where really nice great guys want "strange" too.

Wealth for me. You can have wealth and love. Why choose love instead of wealth for the ideal of faithfulness sexually.
  • ajz2010
    ajz2010 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have a faithful true love now - my wife of 35 years. A little wealth would be nice but I am happy where I am at.
    'Love is all you need'

^
    THIS!
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Marry a rich person, you can have both.
  • SueGremlin
    Options
    I've learned even the "good guys" can be swayed. To believe in love ok. To believe in absolute faithfulness..nah. I see all the time where really nice great guys want "strange" too.
    Women are unfaithful just as often as men. Just pointing that out.
    I fully expect complete faithfulness in my relationship. We both do. We are both completely loyal and trust each other. That is definitely possible and attainable.