Sounds good have to try it.
  • Valkyriewoman
    Valkyriewoman Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    bump
  • philco41
    philco41 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I would think ricotta would probably work, but cottage cheese in the blender would probably be about the same. It's probably the texture of the cottage cheese you don't like.
  • philco41
    Options
    I wonder if Ricotta would work instead of cottage cheese. I hate cottage cheese!

Ricotta should work, but after putting cottage cheese in the blender, I doubt if you could tell the difference. It's probably the texture you don't care for.
  • lourdes1201
    lourdes1201 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jenschnack
    jenschnack Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dntworribhappi
    dntworribhappi Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Bump for trying later. Thanks for sharing!
  • Pennythekat
    Options
    Bump! I'm going to make these this morning :) thanks for posting!
  • smsavoy
    smsavoy Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Made these for breakfast this morning, I totally hate oatmeal, but wanted to try these to see if this could be a way for me to eat oatmeal. I have to say, it wasn't that bad, and the kids said it was okay. Thanks for sharing.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    So mine mixture is real watery. I used Irish Oatmeal brand. They are steel cut. I wonder if I need to add more than 1 cup to thicken it.
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    I didn't add anything and its thickening up. Just taking a while to get there. I guess I need to use regular oatmeal next time.

Edit:

Cooked one. Did not like it. But it was worth the try.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    interesting. was kinda hoping I could make these for my son, but he's allergic to eggs so that won't work :)
  • k8es
    k8es Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    These surprisingly did NOT taste like cottage cheese and oatmeal

All week I've been planning on having this "blowing the calorie-budget breakfast" in fact, I even had it for lunch because I knew it was going to be so many calories. Yesterday I came across this pancake recipe and figured I would use it in this amazing breakfast.... I found these chicken sausages at Wegmans (the world's best grocery store) and also wanted an egg.

Grand total..... 339 calories. WHAT?! yep that's right. I'm still skeptical and if I hadn't entered and made everything myself, I would not have believed it at all. I made the pancakes with trivia (rather than sugar) and fat free cottage cheese. Rather than syrup (which would have been more calories than the pancakes), I used 1/2 Tablespoon of Smart Balance Hear Right Light butter and sprinkled cinnamon and trivia on the pancakes -- delicious!

My pancakes came out to be 131 calories a serving (that was 3 fair sized pancakes)
    3 Sausages = 105 calories
    Egg + butter, etc = 103 calories

They won't be huge buttermilk pancakes, but they will be much better than you would expect cottage cheese and oatmeal to be. These are definitely worth a try!
  • fififox
    fififox Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Can I ask about the oatmeal you use? I see a comment a few posts above about someone using Irish Oatmeal and they thought it didn't work....I am in Ireland and had presumed you had meant what I would call porridge oats - what I think are rolled oats, like little flakes...or is it pinhead oatmeal you are using? I would like to try the pancakes but just wondered if my ingredient is the same as yours. If it is pinhead oatmeal I need I could get that. Thanks if anyone can describe the oatmeal you are all using :smile:
  • philco41
    Options
    I understood rolled oats. Once it has been in the blender, I doubt it makes a whole lot of difference. I would just stick with what you have.
  • Evelynandchris
    Evelynandchris Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Bump. Is the oatmeal cooked prior to adding into the blender or is it just the dry oats?
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    Can I ask about the oatmeal you use? I see a comment a few posts above about someone using Irish Oatmeal and they thought it didn't work....I am in Ireland and had presumed you had meant what I would call porridge oats - what I think are rolled oats, like little flakes...or is it pinhead oatmeal you are using? I would like to try the pancakes but just wondered if my ingredient is the same as yours. If it is pinhead oatmeal I need I could get that. Thanks if anyone can describe the oatmeal you are all using :smile:

Use the flakes. I had the pinhead oatmeal....took to long to thicken with those and I just think it didn't turn out how it should because of it. I'm going to attempt it again with the flakes because I want pancakes!! :smile:
  • diinva
    diinva Posts: 57
    Options
    Sound good - will have to try these
  • stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • christyallgood
    christyallgood Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I just made these the other day from the Eating for Life book. They were amazing with some sugar free syrup and strawberries!!! Totally worth making and will be doing so again!