Crazy gas prices

Options

Replies

• DFWTT
    DFWTT Posts: 374
    Options
    $20 every other day in my Nissan Titan and I live less than 10min from work and the gym. Gotta stop going to one or the other. :grumble:
    10 min drive... you could probably bike to the gym if they have a place you can lock it up. Extra calorie burn.

I ride the motorcycle when I don't have to carry a bunch of stuff. Still though.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    $20 every other day in my Nissan Titan and I live less than 10min from work and the gym. Gotta stop going to one or the other. :grumble:
    10 min drive... you could probably bike to the gym if they have a place you can lock it up. Extra calorie burn.

I ride the motorcycle when I don't have to carry a bunch of stuff. Still though.

I know what you mean. I have a 2004 Honda Pilot. Only a V6 but gets about 22 mpg. Filling it up is expensive. I am going to start taking the bus to work and downtown when I need to go. I only use my cargo space on the weekends really. Can't afford two cars.
  • Vegetablearian
    Vegetablearian Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I pay $2.40 per litre thats , $8.88 a US gallon or $10.88 for an imperial gallon ... at todays exchange rate

I am in the UK though and its stupidly expensive here

into perspective a twix bar costs $1.11, a pint of milk costs $1 and a normal loaf of bread costs $2.25
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    The highest recorded price recently here in the UK for diesel was IIRC £1.74

That is beyond ridiculous
  • GinGinSweden
    GinGinSweden Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Here in Sweden it equals out to almost $2.78 a liter american dollars -- nasty
  • domsmoms
    domsmoms Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    We paid $4.45 for premium yesterday... unfortunately our owner's manual insists the car must take premium, preferably with detergents - so I usually go to Shell or Chevron which are, of course, even more expensive than all the other no-name type gas stations. It's usually around $60 to fill the tank from E these days.

For our clunker, however, we put the cheapest possible gas we can find. Happily (or unhappily due to what I spend on gas), that's not the car I usually drive. But I'd say it probably costs around $40-45 to fill from E (small gas tank too).

I moan like everyone else, but I really don't mind all that much, because I am for everyone becoming greener, myself included. Although I confess, it's still cheaper, faster, and just more convenient with a kid for me to drive than take mass transit (which I actually enjoy), so I continue to do so. Also, I know in Europe, they are probably paying 2x what I am, so it doesn' t seem quite right to demand $2/gallon gas... seems a little like typical American whining.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I pay $2.40 per litre thats , $8.88 a US gallon or $10.88 for an imperial gallon ... at todays exchange rate

I am in the UK though and its stupidly expensive here

into perspective a twix bar costs $1.11, a pint of milk costs $1 and a normal loaf of bread costs $2.25

I just bought a loaf of bread... for $4.29...

Craaaazy!
  • tanga_gurl
    tanga_gurl Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I think our price is $2.25nz per litre atm, so roughly $9nz a gallon which is around $7us per gallon! bloody expensive!!!
  • worgen
    worgen Posts: 14
    Options
    Its ALL Bush's fault!!!
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    I am super lucky...I live 1/2 block from bus stop. All day pass is $3.50.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    $4.129 where I buy mine which is the cheapest place in town.
  • mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Honestly thinking about buying a Chevy Volt, reasoning that the car payment would be paid by what we are now paying for my hubby to go to work.
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Think it was 3.80 something last time I topped off.
  • Tamstar1985
    Tamstar1985 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    i live in china, and usually gas is pretty cheap... but i filled up the car last night, and gas is at 8.34 RMB (about $1.20 CAD) per litre. i literally threw up in my mouth :( it would cost likely 500 RMB (nearly $72 CAD) to fill up the tank. the price has increased about 100% since last year!
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    On the Isle of Wight gas and diesel prices are usually slightly higher than on the mainland. We are paying £1.39 per litre, which is about $8.35 US or Canadian dollar per gallon. Public transit on the island is expensive and the service is lousy, with some areas having no buses after 5PM. I'm glad I own a small commuter motorcycle that gets well over 100 mpg, and that the mild climate means I can ride it year round.
    139.9p is around the UK average.

I'm coming to the Isle of Wight at the end of May... hoping the weather will be good then!

UK & European petrol prices are so highly inflated thanks to fuel duties. But my rail fare into London is also ridiculous - £131.60 for a weekly travelcard!
  • rdchick
    rdchick Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    On the Isle of Wight gas and diesel prices are usually slightly higher than on the mainland. We are paying £1.39 per litre, which is about $8.35 US or Canadian dollar per gallon. Public transit on the island is expensive and the service is lousy, with some areas having no buses after 5PM. I'm glad I own a small commuter motorcycle that gets well over 100 mpg, and that the mild climate means I can ride it year round.
    139.9p is around the UK average.

I'm coming to the Isle of Wight at the end of May... hoping the weather will be good then!

UK & European petrol prices are so highly inflated thanks to fuel duties. But my rail fare into London is also ridiculous - £131.60 for a weekly travelcard!

I'm in Southampton UK, currently prices are between £1.39.7 - £1.45 per litre. I think Isle of Wight is usually a little more pricey so might want to fill up before driving over :)
  • hbarney
    hbarney Posts: 434
    Options
    It is crazy in my area as well. My husband and I have been using a fuel treatment and have been able to increase our mpg so it has helped out a lot with the cost. I got an extra 100 miles out of my last tank of gas!!!
  • AnnyaSB
    AnnyaSB Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    We paid £1.48 ($2.36) per litre for diesel on Friday - cheapest we could find. The most expensive we have spotted thus far is £1.55 ($2.49) per litre!

Ouch :noway:
  • mamato3babies
    mamato3babies Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I paid 3.70 a gallon yesterday.
  • 600racer
    600racer Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Kroger card gives me 10 cent off and shell another 5% which got it down to $3.78 last time. I look at the bright side, the highe it goes up the less likely Obama is re-elected!