I miss the way I used to eat....And I feel worse now then I

Options
1235»

Replies

• RazorTazor
    Options
    Just the decision to keep the weight off or put it back on is completely stressing me out. I've always been the odd man out. No one really spoke to me, so I thought that if I lost the weight I would stand out more, which I did, but it wasn't as satisfying as I thought it would be. I would have no problem gaining back the weight but I just went out and spent like 200 bucks on new clothes to fit my new body and rhhshjkkddcvgdsbg I'm just a confused mess. For the first time in months I pigged out. I had candy, cake, and ice cream during the day but came home and workout about for about 2 hours and lost about 700 calories. After punching all that in I still found I was about at 900 calories for the day. Does that mean I can continue to eat like that and still keep my current weight? Granted my sugar was about 60 grams over, my fats were still really low.
  • Kalynx
    Kalynx Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Some of you are missing the point. I miss eating things I ate before I lost the weight. For example (and since it's Easter and I'm missing out on all of my favorite things) jelly beans,marshmallow peeps, cookies, brownies, Pizza, wings, hamburgers ect. Yes it's ok it eat in moderation but, for example, a moderation for peeps is like 1 peep. That would make me miss them even more. And I already do plan ahead. Sometimes I plan up to a week ahead and follow that plan verbatim.

Maybe experiment and try to make some of the foods you like but in a healthier way. I have found some recipes that I'm enjoying of foods I liked and actually finding them better then the original. One is homemade chicken nuggets, I loved chicken nuggets but I've learned how to make them homemade and healthier and they are great since I don't feel like im depriving myself. Try some of the stuff at Skinnytaste.com, the food is awesome on there.

This!!

You can make healthy brownies, pizza like things in moderation, good hamburgers (maybe skip half the bun). Make a list of what you like and want and crave and google for healthy versions of it and just try. Most good tasting foods wont have many ingredients and most recipes dont have to be followed exactly. You dont have to be a great cook to make good tasting foods that you will like. Who wants to just eat healthy stuff they dont like for the rest of their life? I dont!!! It has to be a long term thing you can continue with.

I dont think you will find a recipe for marshmellow treats lol but you could work a few into your daily calorie allowance. I bet a lot of your carbs are from fruit and veggies if you are eating healthy enough to lose so much weight quickly, and I wouldnt worry about those carbs/sugars too much. They are natural, take longer to digest, and full of nutrients that your body needs. Its the other carbs (usually man made) that are full of sugar and other bad carby stuff that your body will process the fastest and turn into fat so just keep those in moderation and you will be fine. You seem healthy enough and young enough to have the best of both worlds.
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I started dieting and working out vigoriously about 3 months ago. I lost about 60 pounds and I went from a size 38 waist to a size 32. I went from somewhere around 220lbs to weighing about 171lbs. At first I was all gung-ho about making this lifestyle change. I was confident and loved getting complimented. Now...I just miss the way I used to eat. I miss all my favorite candy, and I know the response will be, "it's ok in moderation once every two weeks" or something like that, but that...that will just make me feel worse. I miss not having to worry about my calorie intake. I miss being able to be like, "yeah sure I'll have a burger," or "yes I would love some pizza." I figured by this time I would love the way I look, and I do, but is it really worth it? Nothing has changed in my personal life and it's making me so depressed and confused. I feel worse now, than I did when I was fat. What should I do?

You sound depressed. Losing weight doesn't get you a girlfriend just like that. It doesn't solve all of your problems. It just solves one of them. :) I see on here a lot of people's motivations are 'lose weight, feel confident, stop doubting myself' etc etc - it ain't going to work that way. Losing weight isn't a global problem solver.

If you are feeling robbed at easter, shut your laptop lid... go have at it. Don't malinger, don't feel bad. Just go hard on the evil scoffing. They say that if you down the chocolate all at once, and then chase it with someting like fruit, you won't consume anything like the calories from it you would get if you ate two bits a day for a month. And it's probably better for your teeth.

Becoming slim and good looking isn't all about suffering and dying and starving to death. You can totally forget your diet sometimes, if you want. Forget you're on it. Have a massive splurge, and be happy. Obviously there's a price tag - you have to go back on the calorie reduced plan. But easter is easter, mate - xmas is xmas. Birthdays have to have cake. it's not about suffering till you die, it's about living in general within a calorie range that means that when it's time to party, you can party.

:)
  • dnpi
    dnpi Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Do not binge on junk food. Eat them in moderation. Otherwise you'll just feel guilty. My advice? DO SOMETHING YOU LOVE! Or join a new class and meet new people and make new friends. Start a new hobby like photography or something. Also, PLEASE EAT MORE! I cannot even imagine eating only 1200 calories a day. And workout for only 1 hour a day. Do something fun in the other hour. I know how you feel. I am and always have been a little 'odd' but i realised that you need to make the effort if you want to make friends. They don't automatically come to you when you lose weight.
  • kikilareggae
    kikilareggae Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    wait. You lost 60 lbs in 3 months??? Holy crap. What are you eating? no wonder you feel miserable and deprived, you must be starving yourself to be losing so fast.

Agreed! It's ok to let yourself have a treat, daily even- in my opinion. Just don't overdo it all the time and maybe have your treat at the beginning of the day? Just find a way to maintain and allow some treats, it'll all balance out! :)
  • Ceebee37
    Ceebee37 Posts: 49
    Options
    you know you can have some bad stuff from time to time, it's ok, it doesn't mean you have failed, just make sure you always exercise regularly. You will have self control, because you mujst of had it in the first place to lose weight. Life is not about depriving oneself. I have a cheat day, that works for me.Others like to have a small treat each day such as some chocolate, a biscuit, a glass of wine, a small bag of chips etc, and that works for them.
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    eat like you used to and spend like 80 hours a week at a gym......or find what makes you feel good and stick with it.....evan if that entails 80 hours a week at the gym
  • Bevigal
    Bevigal Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I wish to congratulate you on your weight loss. I am sorry however that you are depressed. Sometimes hormones can get out of whack when you lose so fast. Hopefully you will consider having yourself tested and go from there. There is always a reason for depression. Sometimes you have to solve problem A before you can solve problem B.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I'm with the OP. I feel the exact same. I'm hating the fact that the rest of my family can have what they want but I have to plan in advance or just make sure I don't eat anything I might consider over my limit. I miss so many of the stuff I used to have, even the ones that were good for me can now take me over my limit. I hate having to count every little thing every single day. It should not be this hard.

I was all into it 50 days ago when I started. Now I would love to have a pizza. I would kill for a burger at Hungry Jacks. Just once. But if I did that I'd be way way way over limit & not be able to eat anything else for the day. That's not fair on me.

Considering I hit a plateau every 3kg is making it worse. 83kg for 2 weeks, now stuck at 80kg for the last week. Can't even lose 500g.

What's the point anymore if I can't get anywhere....and I'm no longer even losing any size on my hips, waist or hell even my neck.

I feel worse now as well. I'm tired ALL the time, I take enough vitamin supplements to cover what I don't get & I still can't do it.

Give me my food back. I'm sick of this ride.
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Just the decision to keep the weight off or put it back on is completely stressing me out. I've always been the odd man out. No one really spoke to me, so I thought that if I lost the weight I would stand out more, which I did, but it wasn't as satisfying as I thought it would be. I would have no problem gaining back the weight but I just went out and spent like 200 bucks on new clothes to fit my new body and rhhshjkkddcvgdsbg I'm just a confused mess. For the first time in months I pigged out. I had candy, cake, and ice cream during the day but came home and workout about for about 2 hours and lost about 700 calories. After punching all that in I still found I was about at 900 calories for the day. Does that mean I can continue to eat like that and still keep my current weight? Granted my sugar was about 60 grams over, my fats were still really low.

You're obsessing. Chillax dude... And yes, it does mean that. Most young guys I know work really hard all day, and eat like pigs. My boyfriend can pack away a 12 pack of KFC. He's skinny as hell. He works it off.

I think it might be time to slow down on the dieting, bring yourself up to something like 2000 cals a day and just slow it all down? You're starting to sound a bit anorexic and I'm sure it's not where you want to go with this. You're putting yourself under too much pressure.

Go out with your mates, have a really decent night and don't log the booze. Refuse to feel guilty. What is guilt anyway? You kill somebody?

Save guilt for moral crimes. God is not watching you and he won't send you to hell for what you eat. It's up to you what you eat.

I'm nto telling you to ditch the diet, I'm just saying 'all things in moderation' including dieting. You're doing well. One night off here and there is not going to kill you. You need a mental health day! :)
  • TurnLeftNow
    TurnLeftNow Posts: 171
    Options
    I feel like I could have written this myself. A month ago I was absolutely miserable. Having to count everything, not being able to be carefree about what I eat... having to log everything, always exercising. I remember thinking too that I wish I had never found this site because it made me miserable. I was happy that I lost the weight, but was I really happier? I was really, really depressed.
    I 120% relate to what you are going through, and I am sorry that you are struggling so much with things.

I wish I could get some professional help. I would suggest that maybe you try and find someone to talk to. I don't mean that in a rude way, but I think it would be very beneficial to you. I know what it is like to be TRAPPED in the dieting mindset. It is not fun, it is horrible. If you ever need to talk or want some support feel free to send me a message.
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    THeres no reason you cant have pizza, or a burger. I have these things regularly. Ive had a sweet everyday for the past week plus. Icecream, donuts, candy... when i ahve pizza i cant have any less than 4-5 pieces.. i ahvent put on weight a single time in my year here. ive gone out drinking with friends and out to eat a million times. ive only went over maintenance calories 2x in my year though; so wether it be getting in some exercise or eating lighter on days i know im going out that night, or whatever the case, i work it in. I live life to its fullest.
  • Lolli1986
    Lolli1986 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    If you're feeling totally tortured by this, then you're doing it wrong.

Perhaps open up your diary, or at least look at other men's diaries.
  • vanessaleigh818
    Options
    I am sorry you are feeling this way. Please, try not to obsess. Sadly life does not change overnight with or without the weight. I am going through some depression over that fact myself. By the way, congratulations on all of your hard work Mr.! I hope that you find good information, and feel all of the love and solidarity being sent your way through this thread. Thank you for posting this.
  • yuckidah
    yuckidah Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    you gotta remember that the more you weigh the faster you will lose, at first. so someone who weighs over 200 pounds will lose it pretty quickly

Not always so.
  • Heartpath
    Heartpath Posts: 33
    Options

How did a binge on sugary food make your life better? You've accomplished a lot in losing the weight, and you have new clothes. Enjoy them. You can calculate how much you need to maintain your BMI, factoring in exercise, in a plan that includes some food you like and mostly healthy food. Unless you can see how gaining the weight back is going to make your life BETTER, you might as well keep it off, right?

I'm 39 now, and I'll tell you something that I wish someone had told me when I was your age and felt like the odd person out. It doesn't matter what the whole world thinks. Be your best, most authentic, awesome self, and find your people. They may not be your biological family. They may not be among your current social circle. You may have to get out there into new situations. What makes you happy? What do you enjoy doing? If you're not sure, you may have to try out some different hobbies or interests, and things may be uncomfortable for awhile. But, hey, you lost 60 pounds, and you can handle doing difficult things. What traits do you think make an ideal person? Not what you think everyone else would like but what YOU think makes a good person. Work on being a person like that, and look for people who think it is good to be like that. The way that you find the people you fit in with is to be yourself, so you can spot each other. Not everyone thinks I'm wonderful, but that's OK because the friends I do have are awesome friends who accept me, and I accept them.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Some of you are missing the point. I miss eating things I ate before I lost the weight. For example (and since it's Easter and I'm missing out on all of my favorite things) jelly beans,marshmallow peeps, cookies, brownies, Pizza, wings, hamburgers ect. Yes it's ok it eat in moderation but, for example, a moderation for peeps is like 1 peep. That would make me miss them even more. And I already do plan ahead. Sometimes I plan up to a week ahead and follow that plan verbatim.

Yes you will miss them. You just can't eat the same way and also be thin.

But eventually, long term, once you are more used to eating healthier choices you'll stop wanting the crap food as much.

Give yourself some time. 3 months is not long enough to change your emotions and your brain.

Judging by the responses from some of the other posters, it's sounding like you're also not eating enough. Throw some of your old foods back into your diet, and/or eat more healthy foods. But yeah, if you have a peep you have to be able to settle for a serving instead of eating the whole box or you'll just undo all the work you've done.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Just the decision to keep the weight off or put it back on is completely stressing me out. I've always been the odd man out. No one really spoke to me, so I thought that if I lost the weight I would stand out more, which I did, but it wasn't as satisfying as I thought it would be.

Being thin won't make you instantly popular unfortunately. You have to work on being friendlier and more approachable. I can relate totally because this was me.
    For the first time in months I pigged out. I had candy, cake, and ice cream during the day but came home and workout about for about 2 hours and lost about 700 calories. After punching all that in I still found I was about at 900 calories for the day. Does that mean I can continue to eat like that and still keep my current weight? Granted my sugar was about 60 grams over, my fats were still really low.

No, the way you're eating now is right on the verge of an eating disorder. Please speak to someone professionally to help you with the things you're dealing with. If not a psychologist, at least a nutritionalist to help you learn to eat and work out healthy. Believe me, you don't want to add an eating disorder to the pain it sounds like you're already experiencing.
  • ByrdMessy
    ByrdMessy Posts: 94
    Options

How did a binge on sugary food make your life better? You've accomplished a lot in losing the weight, and you have new clothes. Enjoy them. You can calculate how much you need to maintain your BMI, factoring in exercise, in a plan that includes some food you like and mostly healthy food. Unless you can see how gaining the weight back is going to make your life BETTER, you might as well keep it off, right?

I'm 39 now, and I'll tell you something that I wish someone had told me when I was your age and felt like the odd person out. It doesn't matter what the whole world thinks. Be your best, most authentic, awesome self, and find your people. They may not be your biological family. They may not be among your current social circle. You may have to get out there into new situations. What makes you happy? What do you enjoy doing? If you're not sure, you may have to try out some different hobbies or interests, and things may be uncomfortable for awhile. But, hey, you lost 60 pounds, and you can handle doing difficult things. What traits do you think make an ideal person? Not what you think everyone else would like but what YOU think makes a good person. Work on being a person like that, and look for people who think it is good to be like that. The way that you find the people you fit in with is to be yourself, so you can spot each other. Not everyone thinks I'm wonderful, but that's OK because the friends I do have are awesome friends who accept me, and I accept them.

"FIND YOUR PEOPLE" -- wisest words spoken on this thread. I hated my college until I found my people. I hated Paris, France--one of the most serene cities in the world, because I couldn't find my people. I was pissed to be home again, until I found my people, and it turns out, in my home town, they're mostly middle-aged women!

Might be a strange thing to bring up, but remember Michael Phelps eats, what, 3500 calories a day? It's not all about starving yourself--it's about fueling your body right.

If you can't decide to go up or down, then do all the research required to teach you how to MAINTAIN where you are until you're happy and can make a good decision for yourself.