weight loss inspired tattoo

Options
bquillen
bquillen Posts: 45 Member
sorry this is my first post and I hope I am posting it in the right spot...I am thinking about getting a tattoo once I lose the weight I am wanting to lose....Has anyone gotten a tattoo inspired by your weight loss...if so what did you get and where on your body did you get it...?

Replies

• acresfield
    acresfield Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    How about an image of the pre-weight loss you!

A permanent reminder and better than sticking it on the fridge door :smile:
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    bump
  • x_biggirl
    x_biggirl Posts: 68
    Options
    Hiya hunny. what about a motivational phrase that you got you through your workout so you know you will continue to use it and apply it to the rest:heart: of your life
  • takehimaway
    takehimaway Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    How about an image of the pre-weight loss you!

A permanent reminder and better than sticking it on the fridge door :smile:

DO. NOT. GET. A. TATTOO. OF. YOUR. FAT. SELF.

I only have two period, and both are for a very special person in my life. When I lose the thirty pounds I need to lose, I'll probably get, "Free" on the nape of my neck, but that's all I got. -shrugs-
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    King Neptune
  • dennydifferent
    dennydifferent Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on getting one that says v2.0
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    You know how people get little ribbons just round a wrist or ankle? How about a measuring tape? haha that sounds silly but I bet it would look good when drawn by a professional :P
    Or how about a little dumbell/bike/some other sport or fitness that you used on your journey (if you did)?

Also, I agree, DO NOT GET A PICTURE OF YOUR FAT SELF. Haha.
  • TopazCarey
    TopazCarey Posts: 263
    Options
    I'm getting a cherry blossom tree on my side. Can't wait.
  • Charabbidan
    Charabbidan Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    something symbolic maybe? e.g. a butterfly could represent change/growth and freedom (from the trappings excess weight brings)
  • TopazCarey
    TopazCarey Posts: 263
    Options
    I'm planning on getting one that says v2.0

I like this idea. :smile:
  • dwolfe05
    dwolfe05 Posts: 2
    Options
    I agree with getting words or something that means something special to you. After me losing my weight and keeping it off, I decided to get 2 tats myself. I have one down my ride side that spells LOYALTY in cursive and the other one is down my left side that reads TRUST. I got those 2 because those are 2 very important characteristics in my personality and that I look for in other people's personalities.
  • bquillen
    bquillen Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    thank you all....great ideas so far....:happy:
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I'm working my way up to a marathon and after I do it I am getting 42.1(kms) as a tattoo. I also want a butterfly to symbolise freedom.
  • aquarianpixi
    aquarianpixi Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    When I finish my first half marathon I'm going to get "Do or do not, there is no try. 13.1" tattooed on me somewhere... not sure where yet, but I have a while to figure it out. lol
  • evertongirl
    evertongirl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    haud iens tergum - ' no going back'

but i really like the v2.0 as well.

i said i was going to get the 'haud iens tergum' tattoo when i reached goal....but i didnt reach goal, i lapsed and put 7 of the 14 kg i had lost back on, but im back again for round 2 and this time I WILL reach that goal and get that tattoo
  • 5kidsforme
    5kidsforme Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I' not getting a tattoo but if I did it would be a butterfly for rebirth and change, etc. :)
  • Jnt1979
    Jnt1979 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    When I get to 100 lbs lost I am getting the word "believe" tattoo'd on my left wrist..because..you gotta believe in yourself to lose 100 lbs on your own! :)
  • brunette824
    brunette824 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I kinda wanna get "you are beautiful" along my shoulder blade (:
  • l3long
    l3long Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    My husband suggests this:

get a tatoo of yourself now on a place that will shrink as you lose weight so that later it will be small and represent the skinny you
  • scorpiomfs
    scorpiomfs Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    A butterfly which stands for change
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!