April Move your @ss Challenge

Options
bluiz13
bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
Okay *kitten* movers, here's the new thread for April move your *kitten* challenge.....welcome to the newbies, welcome back to the oldies...

Set your goal, make your ticker or add your goal and current miles moved to the thread as often as possible and then get moving starting April goals/miles here....welcome to all - new and old.....have a great month challenging yourself....

The goal is to set a distance goal KM or Miles and track your distance for the month...you are challenging yourself, not competing against anyone else.....the miles can be on a treadmill, the stairmaster, the elliptical, the bike, roller blades, walking, running, biking, hiking, swimming (if you can measure).....just set a goal and do the work...report to the thread often to keep dino updated because he tracks our info on a spreadsheet so you can see how you are doing compared to the group but not to compete with them.....the idea is to set your goal and reach it before the end of the month...welcome and good luck if you decide to join us...

Replies

• bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    my goal is 80 this month.....
  • lbelfrey
    lbelfrey Posts: 63
    Options
    Is that 80 miles for the month?
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I'm going to aim for 50 this month, but that's only going to be running miles, not walking, biking, hiking, etc.
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Ill go with 35 since im new to all of this... Sounds like a good number to push myself to :-)
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Completed 100.97 miles in March....Setting the goal to 110 for April. By July I would like to be back to 150 miles a month!!!
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    I'm in again for 85 miles, running only. And I would like to break it! :indifferent:
    Hope none of my friends will have their basement flooded this month :laugh:

Good luck everyone! And don't forget... You Are Challenging Yourself And Nobody Else!
    Good20luck20smiley.gif
  • positivelyJ
    Options
    My goal is 60 miles for April.
  • countrywildflower
    countrywildflower Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    85 miles cycling
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    the name of this thread caught my eye cause i keep telling myself exactly that!!!!! I am going to join this for the month of April. A little history on me. I have been on and off MFP since 2009 and realize if I had stayed vigilant i would have long ago been at my goal and able to help others. However i made significant progress and quit logging in..... well as a result i gain weight back and was feeling miserable because of it mentally and physically. I will be turning 50 this month and I am determined to get to my goal by the age of 51. I came back to MFP and set my ticker back to 0 and I am starting anew. So with that being said, my goal will be 30 miles this month, i am so out of shape right now and i have to restart everything. 30 is probably a low number but i am being realistic. Maybe will get a little further but just for today 30 is the number. thanks for the post!!:smile:
  • B3Streeter
    B3Streeter Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I'll be starting marathon training schedule this week. So based on the schedule my goal is 67miles, running only!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Thanks to "Denise the instagator" and "dinos the tracker" that we can continue to challenge ourselves!
    My challenge will be 100 again. Seems low when I've gone past it in the past challenges but we may get snow and that really limits the bike riding. It is spring right now but we could get snow till June in Montana!

weight loss forum today for free weight loss support!
    2f7706cb932173b.png
  • speedyf
    Options
    the name of this thread caught my eye cause i keep telling myself exactly that!!!!! I am going to join this for the month of April. A little history on me. I have been on and off MFP since 2009 and realize if I had stayed vigilant i would have long ago been at my goal and able to help others. However i made significant progress and quit logging in..... well as a result i gain weight back and was feeling miserable because of it mentally and physically. I will be turning 50 this month and I am determined to get to my goal by the age of 51. I came back to MFP and set my ticker back to 0 and I am starting anew. So with that being said, my goal will be 30 miles this month, i am so out of shape right now and i have to restart everything. 30 is probably a low number but i am being realistic. Maybe will get a little further but just for today 30 is the number. thanks for the post!!:smile:

Welcome back! :flowerforyou:

And by the way, there is no "low number" in here. The important thing is to move, and challenging yourself is great reason to prove to yourself that you CAN do this! Just consider this challenge as an appointment in your schedule...

Good luck! :drinker:
  • speedyf
    Options
    Thanks to "Denise the instagator" and "dinos the tracker" that we can continue to challenge ourselves!
    My challenge will be 100 again. Seems low when I've gone past it in the past challenges but we may get snow and that really limits the bike riding. It is spring right now but we could get snow till June in Montana!

@vhuber
    For the first time in my life, I feel lucky to live in Quebec!!! :laugh: :laugh:
    But I'm sure you'll crash that goal, like you always do :flowerforyou:
  • mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I'm going for 50 miles this month. Wish me luck !
  • chancie72
    chancie72 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    My goal for April will be very small...only 25 miles. This is due to the fact that I will be having knee surgery the 12th so only have the first 11 days to do any type of walking.
  • speedyf
    Options
    I'm going for 50 miles this month. Wish me luck !

@mscoco10
    Good luck! :drinker:
  • speedyf
    Options
    My goal for April will be very small...only 25 miles. This is due to the fact that I will be having knee surgery the 12th so only have the first 11 days to do any type of walking.

@chancie72
    Nothing wrong with 25 miles!! Hope your surgery will go well. :flowerforyou:
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I will play... I wear a pedometer all day. I have tried to make 10,000 steps per day. Really hard when I work 4 - 10 hours days with 2 hours of driving to work per day. I started Zumba one day per week and I walk my dog 2 miles x 3 days per week.

So... I am going to set my goal at 25 miles of actual walking somewhere, not just movements that show on the pedometer.

:sad: Except today - no outside walking - it is pouring rain and forecast for snow this afternoon. No pavement here - just mud!!!
  • happinessforevercm
    Options
    I am in for at least 30 miles of walking, I just found out i am pregnant so I don't want to do too much but I would love to continue
    with this journey to keep mom and baby healthy :) Good luck everyone!
  • speedyf
    Options
    I am in for at least 30 miles of walking, I just found out i am pregnant so I don't want to do too much but I would love to continue
    with this journey to keep mom and baby healthy :) Good luck everyone!

@cmuffet
    Congrats & welcome aboard.
    1239063576.33636.SMILEY_BABY.png