Are you....

Options
1235»

Replies

• autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I have ups and downs with confidence so I'd say no, not very. On good days I can feel pretty confident and I try and carry that through to my not so good days. However I am pretty fluent in "smartass" and tend to talk myself up just for laughs (I've recently started to wonder if people realize that I'm kidding with most of my 'confident comments') :embarassed:

This is me also....I try to fake it on my down days & usually come off as a smartass...UGH!!!
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I was confident before I started losing weight.

Now that I've lost a few pounds, it seems my head has swollen and I'm more obnoxious than usual.

:bigsmile:
  • almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I was confident before I started losing weight.

Now that I've lost a few pounds, it seems my head has swollen and I'm more obnoxious than usual.

:bigsmile:
    you had a sideways picture :ohwell:
  • LenaMena87
    LenaMena87 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Now yes.

Who wants my number?

HAHAHAHHAHAAA
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    yes, i am. always have been up. especially after a few (major) hurdles that i had to jump over i thought i should love and appreciate myself more through everything or else it will be an even nastier road
    :ohwell:
  • BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I have more confidence than I had before for sure. But its been hard won and it takes time to have it if like me youve gone your whole life without it. But yea Ive got more self confidence now x
  • shannoninBC
    shannoninBC Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    No, not at all. When someone compliments me I kind of laugh it off or wonder what they want :ohwell:
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    No, not at all. When someone compliments me I kind of laugh it off or wonder what they want :ohwell:
    that's a sad life to live in my opinion :frown:
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I'm confident enough to laugh at myself without worry.

I have always had confidence due to my parents constantly telling me that I can be anything I choose to be. I believe them.

Thanks Mom, Thanks Dad. :flowerforyou:
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I never really was a confident person - but I ended up working as the Activity Director in a Retirement Residence, where I had to be the centre of attention ALL the time... so I learned to fake it really well - so well that you would have never known that I lacked confidence.... guess I faked it so long, that it became real. Fake it Til you make it, Baby!!

^^^^THIS!!!!!!!^^^^
  • almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Si... but today, just Le tired!!!
  • cmthorsness
    cmthorsness Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Yeah and when in doubt fake it!
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    I am totally confident internally! Getting better externally....~it all takes time,.. baby steps :smile:
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    About some things, yes. About others, not so much, but I'm working on it. My body image confidence is a struggle. And it probably always will be. Ive finally learner to feel confident about singing in public though.
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    Yes and No. There are certain areas in my life where I take center stage and become the leader. It's second nature and comes naturally. Other areas of my life, I am reserved and take a back seat to others who seem to have a passion for what they are doing. I reluctantly take the follower role and do so quietly when called upon, although it does kill me.

Going through many tragic events will change a person. Some say I've changed for the better, but I miss the extrovert in me.
  • MisFitMom219
    MisFitMom219 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Always been, NO WAY.

Now, it's a work in progress..

Getting to where I want to be physically has helped A LOT! It's really about changing the way you think. The mind itself is a muscle & needs work --changing your thought process makes the world of a difference!

I've gained confidence from seeing physical changes---knowing I can commit to something, see results, & follow through is a great feeling!

but really......FAKE IT TILL YOU MAKE IT ;)
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Not always. As a young child no, I was overweight and not confident. As a teen I found some good mentors through cars and cooking professionally and that translated into other areas of my life including, work ethic, powerlifting and studying, etc. I'm confident that I can do anything I put my mind to and lead others in almost any endeavor, but realistic enough to know when I should step aside and let others lead. As I let life get in the way of my health I'd say I'm still a work in progress, but then aren't we all. I think the greaterst gift we can give another is support in reaching a higher potential then any thought was possible. I love MFP, because thats exactly what happens here. Good luck all.
  • Steve_Runs
    Steve_Runs Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I'm with some others. It all depends on the time period in my life. Right now, I'm confident! 3 years ago, not so much!
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I'm confident enough to laugh at myself without worry.

I have always had confidence due to my parents constantly telling me that I can be anything I choose to be. I believe them.

Thanks Mom, Thanks Dad. :flowerforyou:

Me too. My parents always told me that, and it helped. But unfortunately, my self-confidence has occasionally rubbed people the wrong way. I've done a lot in the last 10-12 years to soften the edges a little bit, and to be a bit more self-effacing.