Anyone eating fast-food and still loosing? :)

Options
I was wondering? I have been working hard to eat healthy but once in a while I give in to the "forbidden fruit"! Like today I had a Zaxbys Chicken Finger Plate for lunch.... I wanted to log it in before I ordered it, but I knew if I did I wouldnt buy it but I really wanted some. (hormones?) Anyhow, I just logged it and to my dismay (I knew it was coming) found out that it was over 1200 cals! That means extra workout time for me today!

Replies

• SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    I do. I just eat in moderation! Like when I order pizza I now get thin crust and veggies on it... Or when I go anywhere else I either get diet pop or water and get the small combos. I usually eat out twice a week :)
  • harleyquinn1504
    harleyquinn1504 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I eat out occasionally. You'll be fine. Just don't do it everyday.
  • LastTenPoundsGodDamnYou
    Options
    OMG One meal??? how can that be? what on earth is it?
  • SCR56
    SCR56 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I do from time to time. Sometimes I don't have any thing for lunch, with only 30 mins I don't have time to stop to get a good meal. If I do have to go through drive thru, I never get a combo meal. Usually just a plain burger, maybe some chicken tenders, no fries or soda. I do usually have a plan for dinner, so I check my calories before I head out.
  • MissLuana
    MissLuana Posts: 356
    Options
    I still treat myself to fast food. Maybe not as much as before. About once every 2 weeks. The weight loss is still happening. I just make sure I drink a lot of water when I do eat fast food. In my mind, it feels like I'm diluting the bad stuff a little if I drink tons of water :drinker:
  • countrygirl812
    Options
    I still eat whatever I want- including fast food. The difference is that I have learned to eat it in moderation. I have lost 25 pounds and 13 inches since January just by staying within my daily calorie allotment, and exercising.
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    It's not a frequent sort of thing. Maybe once or twice a month. I'm going out this Friday because I'm not at work and it's nice to spend time with the family. We're hopefully going to have a meal, will definitely pick something healthy and because I have tried salad a few times in past week I will pick that as my side instead of chips.

I will have alcohol though lol.
  • carrieo888
    carrieo888 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Yup! I've lost over 45 lbs in the last 5-6 years, and I'm on track to lose the final 15 in the next 1-2 years (I'm in no hurry to lose the weight that it took me 20ish years to gain - it's all coming off with little tweaks to my food habits). I still get the occassional McDs or other fast food meal. Usually sticking to grilled stuff or salads, but every once in a while I just gotta have an extra crispy KFC chicken wing and all the fixins. Keep at it!
  • incendia3
    incendia3 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    There is nohing wrong with moderation. I don't believe you should deny yourself the things you love as long as you don't harm yourself. Besides, extra workouts are good for your endurance :smile:
  • jenmcdav
    jenmcdav Posts: 67
    Options
    i eat fast food, but not like i used to. i do try to order healthier items from the menus, even if it's not what i'm really craving. my kids love mcdonalds, so we go there more often than i would like to admit. i never order fries anymore. my go to side item now is a yogurt parfait that has 160 calories. i also used to occasionally get a shake. not now-- at 500 cals in a small, no thanks. they're not even that good! last time i got a grilled chicken sandwich without mayo and a baked apple pie. the pie was good and killed my craving for something sweet, but it wasn't too bad on calories and fat.
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    I still do. I even hit a buffet once in awhile. Moderation is the key.
  • MissLuana
    MissLuana Posts: 356
    Options
    OMG One meal??? how can that be? what on earth is it?

It is very possible. When I go to Strings Italian Cafe, I order the lasagna pastry...1000 calories by its @#$& self!!! I plan ahead for these days. Double workouts at the gym.
  • TiffanyW1014
    TiffanyW1014 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I do and will continue I love my fast food. I just eat a lot less of it and not as often. I used to go to Taco Bell for lunch and McDonalds for dinner now its different items and only once or twice a week. I have gone weeks without it but when I really get a craving I just can't stop myself... Weak maybe but I'm down over 60 pounds so I am ok with it!
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Yup! I definitely scour the online nutrition guides before getting anything and try to stick to small portions, salads, etc. I rarely eat fast food, but when I do, I make sure it fits within my daily cals.
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    About once every couple weeks. Had two Doritos locos tacos last friday. They were awesome.
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    i allow myself one fast food meal a week but force myself to order a kids meal so i will eat less. I also do one restaurant meal a week but split the dish with my 5 year old son so i eat less.
  • Vegetablearian
    Vegetablearian Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I eat mcdonalds fries (UK version are vegan!) and the medium portion are a good size for lunch and not too high in cals!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Yes, but if/when I do it...I always do my research ahead of time so I know what I'm getting into. Next time, look up the nutritional info before you go, and then you can make an informed decision (and decide if its worth it or not).
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    In moderation......
  • soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Yup. I do enjoy a small McDonalds meal on occasion (those Snack-sized McBites get me every time!) or a small portion of pizza--if being deprived of your favorite foods makes you miserable, just let yourself enjoy some! Just make sure you're getting enough "good" nutrients to power your workouts!