weight loss inspired tattoo

Options

Replies

• Mell00546
    Mell00546 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I am going to get an old school pin up girl on my right back ribs 1) becuase I have always loved pin ups 2) I love that they arent stick thin and are still sexy
  • 2kidsandadonut
    2kidsandadonut Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I have butterfly tattoos but they are all 'different' not any of those ones you find on the walls. I love butterflies and I am a singer so I have one on my neck made of music notes. I also have one on my foot and my lower back and mid back all made of different things that when put together look like butterflies. I am going to have my sons' initials made into butterflies and put on my hips. This to me symbolizes what brought on my weight loss and is like a badge of courage for me expressing what I suffered through weight gain and weight loss for.
  • bane0317
    bane0317 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    If you are talking about getting one over a scar make sure you get a good artist - scar tissue is a tricky thing as it is different than regular skin. My husband wanted one on a scar that he has that looks like an eye but they didn't think it would take very well.
  • dieseljay74
    dieseljay74 Posts: 376
    Options
    Sounds like a cool idea
  • bane0317
    Options
    I don't think I really want mine because of hitting my goal weight (wanted it before I started really trying to lose weight), but it would be good for that as well. I want each of my kids' baby foot prints with their full names and birth dates and possibly something to make it more decorative on my right thigh. I have a three inch long scar I want to try and cover a little, but I wont do it until I lose weight so that it will look it's best!

If you are talking about getting one over a scar make sure you get a good artist - scar tissue is a tricky thing as it is different than regular skin. My husband wanted one on a scar that he has that looks like an eye but they didn't think it would take very well.
    Edited by bane0317 on Mon 04/02/12 03:36 PM
  • bane0317
    Options
    When I can rock a bikini again, Im getting a cherry blossom branch on my right side ~ from my hip to my shoulder... Im SO EXCITED!!

OOOOOOOHHHHHH - ribs hurt!
  • SarLem81
    SarLem81 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I have "I am" tattooed on the inside of my left wrist in the direction that I can read it. It was inspired by my depression/my future happiness, and weight loss is included in that idea. I'm also a literature nut, so it's in reference to Sylvia Plath's The Bell Jar:

"I took a deep breath and listened to the old bray of my heart: I am, I am, I am."

For me, "I am" is many things. If I need inspiration, I just flip my wrist and ask myself what "I am" at that moment and that usually sparks a flame to keep moving. It's such a simple tattoo, but when it's one I got solely for myself I don't need it to be anything more than that.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    this is going to be mine, about 12x12, across my ribs :)

l363602643.jpg
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    l363602643.jpg

:heart: :love: :heart: :love: :heart: :love: :heart:
  • kali2785
    kali2785 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    "Love and believe in thyself; it’s choice, not chance, that determines your destiny. "

I currently have 3 and this will be my forth, I will be getting this tattooed on my ankle/foot, sort of wrapped around and a constant reminder of who I am and where I've come from.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    l363602643.jpg

thank you! I've always wanted it and recently someone pointed out to me that FLY also could mean Finally Loving Yourself.....
  • EmeryFelton
    Options
    I sometimes take a sharpie to my palm or wrist and write "Health" or "Heart" or "Wellness" in Chinese Characters, just to sometimes remind me that I'm doing this for my health or my heart. I would never get a tattoo of it because I'm not really the Chinese Characters type of person, but if you are, that's what I'd suggest. There's always Arabic too or any other language if you're not looking for English. :) Good luck!
  • EmeryFelton
    Options
    Oh wow! I love that! Finally Loving Yourself, and FLY. That's great!
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    l363602643.jpg

oh, I love this. the way the font is stylized makes it look like it could say 'fly' or 'aly' - my name
  • pineapple1989
    pineapple1989 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I am getting a pineapple on my hip or back when I get to my goal weight (or when I am happy with my size) its a long story about the pineapple... but basically its not to do with the weightloss as such, but I never got one as I wanted it on my hip but would be too self conscious to show it to people.

I am also toying with the idea of getting a weightloss related tattoo in addition to my pineapple, I would like to maintain for a whole year then get it as a reward and hopefully then my body will have settled down as well. Not sure what yet, have lots of time to think about it!
  • heavensshadow
    heavensshadow Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    this is going to be mine, about 12x12, across my ribs :)

With all the bird tattoos I have, I've considered these very words. There's something about birds, man. Wisdom, freedom, vision....all that good stuff.
    I think it will be beautiful. :smile:

Now my cogs are turning. Never thought of a weightloss tattoo reward until now.
  • xokatelynmariexo
    xokatelynmariexo Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I am getting" what doesn't kill me makes me stronger" in Polish on my ribs. 45 lbs to go!
  • netsirk12
    netsirk12 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I have this with wings on each side inbetween my sholder blades. I wrote a poem after my grandmother died called "Forever Love You" So that is what I use my FLY to mean. :)
    l363602643.jpg

oh, I love this. the way the font is stylized makes it look like it could say 'fly' or 'aly' - my name
  • b3kah5
    b3kah5 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    A phoenix is a symbol of rebirth, rising out of the ashes.
  • b3kah5
    b3kah5 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Maybe a symbol for every pound los, like a leaf for each pound ona tree or incorporate the number of pounds lost in a very cool way.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!