Ok. So I've never done a dating site. POF experience after 1

Options

Replies

• Banks01
    Banks01 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I was on Match.com. It tried to match me with my ex-husband, lol. The majority of people I met on there were players. It was kind of good for an ego boost though.

Omg. That's hysterical.

I'd be mortified.
  • KristysLosing
    Options
    I met one awful loser online and my husband online. I have heard good things about EHarmony. There was a time when I wouldn't have considered it, but I don't think it's so bad.
  • Des92
    Des92 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    My friends made me a POF account as a joke, because I had been single for so long! I forgot about it then checked it one day, and had pages and pages of creepy messages, and one interesting one. So i answered it and things went well, we're still together :)
    In general I didn't like it much, but you just never know!
  • honestlysweet
    honestlysweet Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    A friend HERE is having fun there and reccomended/suggested/encouraged me to go look

I've always shied away from dating sites, just not my thing.

And now I've got 15 or so "wants to meets" people yet NONE are ones I want to meet.

Anyone had success there? I'm doubting this is an effective way.

Why don't you want to meet them?
  • Pokermom10
    Pokermom10 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I only get booty call attempts from POF

Me too
  • cyclingben
    cyclingben Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    If you want to meet some "interesting people" use POF - you get what you pay for.
  • thoma74
    thoma74 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    11yrs ago I met someone in an AOL chat room. We were together for 6.5yrs. Had problems so we split up, but remailed friends. After that, I met a few nice guys on POF. Nothing serious though. Ended up getting back together with my ex alittle over 2 yrs later and that was 2 yrs ago. And we are better than we were the first time. My brother met his wife online, my niece met her husband on POF. It's hit or miss sometimes. Good luck!
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I search on Craigslist. Look under heading "Babysitting".
  • bitty1taz
    bitty1taz Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Give it a try. You never know.
  • tigerbabe2
    tigerbabe2 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I've done dating sites and all the men I met thought they were God's gift to women. I actually had a guy tell me I was too much work, cause I wouldn't give it up after r second date. You wouldn't mind I cooked him dinner, bought him a six pack of beer & we watched a movie at my home. First time i am a good girl look where it gets me, omg. I went out w/hmm approx 11 men, over a span of 2 yrs. All of which were too busy loving themselves, to pay attention to me. One date at a dance club, the guy who said he looked like Brad Pitt btw, left me at the bar after going to the bathroom. I gave up on dating sites, but best of luck to you babe.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options

Yep me too........

I don`t. sad030.gif
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I only did booty calls from POF. Well, I only did booty calls in general.. I wasn't looking for a mate when I found my fiancee!

however, I have a friend who just married her POF-find. They dated three and a half years, and tied the knot in September!
  • jonzo21
    jonzo21 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I was on there for about 2 years (off and on though). The "wants to meet me" thing is kinda dumb anyway. Thats for people who are bored and click on that part of the site. It shows 1 picture of a specific person and asks would you meet them? Yes no maybe. Doesn't give any bios about the person, just bases off of your profile picture (at least thats how it was when I was on it awhile ago).

I met some real cool people off there. For me though, dating websites dont work. I feel like I never really get to know the real person. Every date you go on with someone you don't really know just feels like a show. You're on your best behavior, and so are they. It just isn't real enough for me to get anything out of it, but everyone is different.

I do know from talking to a lot of guys on there, its hard to get a girl to respond to them. It's close to 1 in 10 emails you send out, you'll get 1 reply. As a girl, I'd log on to 20 new emails a day. It just got frustrating.
  • Banks01
    Options
    I search on Craigslist. Look under heading "Babysitting".

I was going for house cleaners. Lol
  • mystiedragonfly
    mystiedragonfly Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    This...

Yep me too........

Along with EVERY (what seemed to not be a booty call) planned meet up (except one)... ended in my being stood up.

... the one who did show told me half way through the night that he was married and asked if I had a problem with that.

Good times.
  • elevatorguy925
    Options
    POF seems to be a hookup site in my opinion, I had no success on Eharmony. I met current GF on Match 2 years ago.
    You have to weed through a lot to find a good match anywhere you go.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    The only dating site I've done is WoW.
  • androidgal
    androidgal Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I think there are probably good and bad people on all dating sites much as there are in life in general, I paid up front on Love2Meet.com which was not cheap and just got contacted by scammers which I did not know were such until a long time of emailing and phone calls and by chance the truth came out and luckily I was not out of pocket but I had shared a lot of emotions and as a result am much wary now but not giving up....

since that happened have been contacted by a genuine and nice person on pof and also had several attempts at scamming me again from sites costing around £30 a month including b2.com and match affinity so I dont think paying money to sites stops scammers as they do not check the images people use nor the ip address.....

Hoping to meet the guy from pof this week.....

You have to trust that somewhere out there is the right person for you and you for them and you just have not met yet....you also have to be the kind of person you want to meet......and match that vibration......
  • Banks01
    Options
    I've done dating sites and all the men I met thought they were God's gift to women. I actually had a guy tell me I was too much work, cause I wouldn't give it up after r second date. You wouldn't mind I cooked him dinner, bought him a six pack of beer & we watched a movie at my home. First time i am a good girl look where it gets me, omg. I went out w/hmm approx 11 men, over a span of 2 yrs. All of which were too busy loving themselves, to pay attention to me. One date at a dance club, the guy who said he looked like Brad Pitt btw, left me at the bar after going to the bathroom. I gave up on dating sites, but best of luck to you babe.

I don't think I'd find someone via POF or something similar. I'm more of a grocery store/local pub guy

And I think I'm gods gift to beer consumption for the record.
  • lizzardsm
    lizzardsm Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I met my fiance on OkCupid! I've been on POF, eHarmony & Match. Match & OkCupid were my favorites (and POF was my least favorite). I'd definitely suggest being on multiple sites at once to meet someone.