Pizza - The Great Debate

Options

Replies

• honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Never actually been to NY, but NY style pizza is absolutely the best! I don't know what west coast pizza would even be?
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Pizza is pizza.

No.

Yes, it is.
    And just as everything, it's a matter of opinion.

I could live w/ out pizza. But nothing special about Chicago or NY style.

So why did you post in this thread exactly?
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    That's like asking, "who has better pizza - NY or Tajikistan?"

If you mean Chicago though... Chicago "pizza" is not pizza, it's more like pie filled with cheese and chunky tomato sauce. Gross. I've had it from both Gino's East and Giordano's and I just can't stomach it.
  • wisebadger53
    wisebadger53 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    East Coast!

Mack&Manco.jpg

'nuf said...
  • strunkm4
    strunkm4 Posts: 266
    Options
    Grotto is the best pizza I've ever had in my life! I worked there in high school!
  • philly_rack
    Options
    I have never had pizza from the weest coast so to me that aren't even in the debate. Being from Philly i too will have to agree that the east has the BEST pizza......i can taste the new yourk thin crust right now. I also have to give special recognition to a place in Orlando, Fl. called Flippers - cheap delicious pizza and beer; need i say more
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    I have never had pizza from the weest coast so to me that aren't even in the debate. Being from Philly i too will have to agree that the east has the BEST pizza......i can taste the new yourk thin crust right now. I also have to give special recognition to a place in Orlando, Fl. called Flippers - cheap delicious pizza and beer; need i say more

Flippers is awesome!
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    neapolitan.
  • joey3574
    joey3574 Posts: 3
    Options
    East Coast, NY pizza!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm from NY, my husband is in the Air Force and we now live in Nevada, all the pizza places here in the West advertise that they make NY style/East Coast pizza, but you can't beat the Mom and Pop pizza places back home in NY. New Yorkers know about good pizza!
  • phillieschic
    Options
    East Coast!

Mack&Manco.jpg

'nuf said...

FYI, it's no longer Mack & Manco...Mack opted out...it's Manco & Manco now! Yep, true story!
  • CoCoFluff
    CoCoFluff Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    NY all day! - hands down has the best!
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    These places back east need to find a way to deliver to us folk out west. Although, we did just get 3 Capriotti's out here; so at least we can get a decent cheese steak & better yet...the Bobbie...

capriottis.jpg
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    Pizza is pizza.

No.

Yes, it is.

Just to annoy you.

Sweet! I need some entertainment.
  • miss_missa07
    Options
    Of course for those of us watching our figures...St. Louis style is the way to go :)

St. Louis style is ALWAYS the way to go!
    Give me Imo's or give me death!
    :)
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Pizza is pizza.

No.

Yes, it is.

Just to annoy you.

Sweet! I need some entertainment.

Pizza hut > *
    That clearly cements that pizza is pizza.

Go.
  • _ylime_
    _ylime_ Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    mmmm... pizza. my hometown in MA has this incredible pizza place.... love my sweet sauce pizza... SOOOO GOOOD!!!!!

sooo EAST COAST hands down...
  • Glasspack
    Glasspack Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    East Coast vs. West Coast...who has the best??

Obviously, being from the Philly area...I KNOW the East Coast has the best. My personal favorite is the Delaware-based Grotto Pizza...I'm drooling just thinking about it.

Being a transplant to the West Coast, I constantly get into debates with the people out here over which is better. So, I bring the debate to MFP.

Oh, P.S. since Chicago is EAST of the Mississippi, Chicago-style counts as "East Coast" :bigsmile:

Grotto Pizza, that's funny I used to live by the original in NE PA growing up. It was good then but haven't had it in a while. Mack & Manco's if good too. If you are on LBI Panzone's is the place. Dang now I need a vaction and pizza.
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    Quad Cities style pizza is where its at!!

Quad City-style pizza is a unique pizza style usually made in the Quad Cities. Quad City-style pizza dough has a “spice mix” that is heavy on malt, which lends a toasted, nutty flavor. They're typically hand-thrown to be stretched into an even quarter-inch thin crust with a slight lip ringing the edge. The sauce typically contains both red chili flakes and ground cayenne, and the smooth, thin tomato spread is more spicy than sweet. The sausage is typically a thick blanket of lean, fennel-flecked Italian sausage sometimes ground twice and spread from edge to edge. The pizza is cut using giant razor-sharp scissors into strips, as opposed to being cut in slices.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    My God. NY.

Grimaldi's
    Lombardi's
    Totonno's
    Arturo's
    Zero Otto

And my personal fav- Patricia's in the Morris Park section of the Bronx.

Even some of the twelve "original" Ray's Pizza is good- especially at 3am after drinking my face off.
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Nothing beats the pizza stands in Rome where they fold the pizza in half to make it easier eat. That was damn good pizza. Also, gelato.