weight loss inspired tattoo

Options

Replies

• Pamela259
    Pamela259 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    i like the idea of a feather ....
    i have a butterfly i lost a baby last yar and the day after i was in the garden and there were loads and loads of butterflies i must have seen 20 and it made me feel very calm so i got a blue and pink butterfly and the antenna make a smiley face with heart shaped flowers around it,3 one for each of my children.
  • EmDrake13
    EmDrake13 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    7038285713_8ff6f8e00a_m.jpg

That's one of my wrist tattoos. It needs a bit of touching on the thought bubble, but it's one of my favourites. You could do something like this. Perhaps your start weight, with your goal/current weight in the thought bubble and the birds flying out getting from fat to thin?

Or is that a rubbish idea? LOL.

Eunoia: Beautiful Thinking. Well done. Most original tat I've seen in ages.
  • wvualum
    wvualum Posts: 428
    Options
    i'm thinking to get ' Veni, vidi, vici' means 'I came, I saw, I conquered' and i'm thinking to just put it under an existing tat, somehow incorporate it

I love this!
  • All4Tris
    All4Tris Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 lbs away from my goal weight... when I get there I'm getting a tribal heart tattoo right under the back of my neck.
  • shybelle
    shybelle Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    The words "stronger" on my left wrist. It's my motivation word. I am stronger than obesity, stronger than self hate, stronger than depression, and stronger than food addiction.
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    <---- I am getting this on my rib cage once I meet my "intermediate" weight loss goal.

"Hard work brings it's own reward" in German
  • JohnnyVegas39
    Options
    tattoo over my stretch marks.... maybe. we'll see.
  • TNFirefly
    TNFirefly Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I got one to help me with the emotional aspect of my eating disorders

"For my grace is sufficient for thee, my strength is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 2:19

It is in UV blacklight ink. Once the scarring fades out it will be invisible except under blacklight. It is on the back of my left hand.
  • fenrirG
    fenrirG Posts: 21
    Options
    How about a Tally mark for every 1/5/10 pounds you lose. Will keep you motivated enough to not go over the weight currently represented by your tattoo?
  • tallen3687
    tallen3687 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    King Neptune

My Favorite! Statue, God, Place on the beach!
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I kinda wanted to get "Be Fierce" or "Whatever It Takes"
  • phresh21
    phresh21 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I told myself I'd get my next one when I hit 200. Granted I got it when I was like 205 but still. I used a new tattoo as motivation, not that I need an excuse to get one but it helped to say I can't have one tell I'm at or really near my weight :) My next big one is when I hit 160 and stay there for at least 6 months. I'm gettin a back piece so it's good motivation :)
  • ThaRealNicki
    ThaRealNicki Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    i know someone said this and Im kind of upset about it because I hate to feel like Im copying people especially when it comes to something expressive like a tattoo but mine will say "Whatever It Takes" After 100lbs ill still have 30-50 to go so it really is "whatever it takes" i might change that now though
  • beckywilkeherbst
    beckywilkeherbst Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I will be getting one once I reach and maintain my final goal for 6 months. I already have 5 others. The new one will simply say "no excuses" in a fancy font.
  • Fitby31
    Fitby31 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on getting a dandelion with seeds blowing off. One seed for every 5 pounds I've lost!!

LOVE this idea!
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I have two tattoos, and I thought I was done with that part of my personality. I have never wanted to be what I see in my mind as "overdone" although I do admire many tattoos on other people like my sister. It's just not my way...

but some of these posts have really inspired me...I'll have to think about incorporating something into my reward system as it's become very clear to me that I may not be done with tattoos just yet.

Thanks!

L
  • nattief83
    nattief83 Posts: 35
    Options
    i have a few already, ( 8 ) and i always said the big one on my thigh was last but ermmm i would love one on my ankle goin round and joinin onto my foot. but i just cant find the right sort of flower.
    I really love the idea of the tape measure tho. , hmm maybe a little pink tape measure rolled up but then rolled out enough to mark the amount of stones iv lost. or something like that
  • brandillyn
    brandillyn Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I am*^^* and it's gonna be huge. That's the deal.
  • WilliamsJJ86
    Options
    I'm rewarding myself my finishing a tattoo I got when I first got married. I have a ladybug on my wrist so I'm going to add more color and even out the dots and circle it with my boys name with green vines so It will be pretty and not just a bug,Lol. My boys always tell me I have a bug on my wrist.

something inspirational like a quote or family inspired will always mean allot when you get it and you can't erase it.
  • tobiwood1977
    Options
    An old coworker of mine got a winnie the poo holding up a 100lb dumbbell when she lost 100 pounds

that is cute!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!