weight loss inspired tattoo

Options

Replies

• Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I got one at the halfway mark to keep pushing me forward (in life not just weight loss). i choose to get a Goonies skull and cross swords, because "Goonies Never Say Die" and it is one of my favourite films being an 80s child.

I have plans for a big rib/back piece which i was going to get at goal but am now using as inspiration to get me through completing my personal training qualifications. I'm looking a Camilla D'errico artwork because it has such a neat edge to it and I think I could get them adapted to exactly what i want
  • MamaSonyaP
    MamaSonyaP Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    You know how people get little ribbons just round a wrist or ankle? How about a measuring tape? haha that sounds silly but I bet it would look good when drawn by a professional :P
    Or how about a little dumbell/bike/some other sport or fitness that you used on your journey (if you did)?

Also, I agree, DO NOT GET A PICTURE OF YOUR FAT SELF. Haha.

She's got some great ideas. I like the measuring tape.
  • butterflyliz32
    butterflyliz32 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I found a really pretty tattoo on Pinterest that says "Love" in script that swoops around like a heart. I am thinking about getting that below my neck (a little higher than my shoulderblades, but that can be hidden for work purposes.

My other tattoos (one on each side of my lower back) were from my young lame days. One needs to be covered up, but I can't think of anything to cover it with yet.
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Bumping for ideas later. :)
  • abigailm83
    abigailm83 Posts: 110
    Options
    I am planing on getting a portrait of my three kids on my back when I reach my goal weight. I would get it now but I'm still to big to have my shirt off in a tatoo parlor :laugh: Can't wait to finally get it done though......definitely iching for some ink.

My kids are my inspiration for losing weight so I can't think of anything better. :smile:
  • Saisha23
    Saisha23 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I just got a new tattoo to celebrate the new me. I did plumeria's with swirls on my right shoulder, I have 10 more lbs to go and when that happens I will extend it father down my back! I love it!
  • mono08
    mono08 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    When I get to 100 lbs lost I am getting the word "believe" tattoo'd on my left wrist..because..you gotta believe in yourself to lose 100 lbs on your own! :)

I actually have this exact thing....believe on my left wrist! I love it!
  • craftlounge
    Options
    Now I am just curious if you had gotten a tattoo of your fat self while still fat and then lost bunch of weight would your tattoo self be smaller also?!
  • tangiesharp
    tangiesharp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    bump
  • crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    If I do manage to get to my gw, I'm thinking about getting a small moth tattoo on my rib. I really like moths and I feel a strange bond to them.
  • girlholiday
    Options
    When I get into the 200's, I'm going to get "Fear is the mind-killer." It's from Dune.
  • Kebby83
    Kebby83 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I have one representing my survival of abuse - a phoenix.
  • gebe1231
    gebe1231 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    l363602643.jpg

:heart: :love: :heart: :love: :heart: :love: :heart:

thank you! I've always wanted it and recently someone pointed out to me that FLY also could mean Finally Loving Yourself.....

Love this one!! Think it could also be "fully love yourself"...
  • lisaisso
    lisaisso Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    i like the measuring tape idea
    and an elaborate feather
    and the dandelion with seeds flying off for the # of lb's lost

and i really love the idea of a barbell!!
  • dellashanks
    dellashanks Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I had a pheonix tattooed on my neck. It was a few years ago when I lost weight before. I think I'm going to add color to it now and hopefully not have to add to it again LOL!
  • kiekokay
    kiekokay Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I think a quote that resonates with your feeling of achieving a goal would be perfect! I also love v2.0 though :)
  • Kell_Smurthwaite
    Kell_Smurthwaite Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of getting an hour glass tattoo. The shape represents the body shape I aspire to, and also the passage of time to remind me I only have one life with a finite amount of time to live it, so i'd better not backslide and screw it all up! ;)

I also love the v 2.0 idea though - so clever! :)
  • crjnursewarrior
    crjnursewarrior Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about getting something like this.

chain-tat.jpg

It is a quote from Dimebag Darrel, the guitarist from Pantera and one of the greatest metal guitarists ever. Before my journey to become healthier and stronger it described my relationship with my family and friends. Now I find it inspirational on actually becoming stronger and I listen to Pantera in the gym which helps me push myself as hard as I can.

That would be an AWESOME tattoo!
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Maybe something something symbolic. I just thought about broken chains!!!! :)
  • monkeymomof3
    monkeymomof3 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have a couple tattoos already (celtic infinity on my foot, celtic motherhood knot on my back)....but I pretty much solely listen to Mumford and Sons when I run. My next tattoo is being designed as we speak by my guy - It will say "Awake my soul" in some sort of celtic-y font with some silhouette birds in flight on my wrist....I'm super excited!!!

There are alot of good ideas posted on here...but since it's forever definitely go with something that speaks to you!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!