CHEATERS...

Options
Just curious --when/if you have a cheat meal/day, what's your average cal intake compared to every other day?

Replies

• Abrasue
    Abrasue Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Oh hell, on cheat day it's probably 3-4000? Hard core cheater here haha
  • mybiketrip
    mybiketrip Posts: 239
    Options
    I'm not a cheater. I don't really go over the calorie bar, but for one meal on Saturday I'll enjoy an extra sweet or something. It's hard for me to let myself only cheat once a week if I was going to cheat. :/
  • Devlyn_P
    Devlyn_P Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I hit 3k on Fridays and Saturdays but I need that fuel for the weekend because I go cross country running or hiking (10+miles) on weekends. Also because I maintain 1500-1800 M-Th and weekends I hit 2-3k which is part of my zig zag diet. This is the only thing that worked for me past my plateau.
  • missjoci
    missjoci Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I'm usually 500-1500 calories over on a cheat day. I have these too often haha.
  • AlliecoreXX
    AlliecoreXX Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Haha. Exactly the same here!
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I try not to go over 500 on my daily calorie intake. Sometimes I don't even go over. It just depends on what I decide to eat.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options

Wow! I don't think I could eat that many calories if I tried! ... well, partially because I'm poor, and it's hard to eat a lot of calories when you're poor, but still!

The last time I had a cheat day, it was unintentional. I had already reached my calorie goals and then my friend suddenly decided to make Japanese style curry. That was the end of that! I probably went about 500-800 over, if I count both the curry and the rice I had.
  • supermom2002
    supermom2002 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    i don't really cheat...i might go over by 300-500 cals. but i make sure i have a good workout...and if i want the cheeseburger with extra bacon for dinner i get it. and probably fries.
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    My "cheat days" (really just days that I happen to go over) tend to be about 1500 or 1600cals.
  • ginamcoyle
    Options
    My cheat day consists of Pizza Hut buffet...I don't even want to THINK about what the calories are hahaha
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    about 1000 calories. =( i'm working on having less cheat days
  • samb330
    samb330 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Haha. Exactly the same here!

Same here too!!!:embarassed:
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    A cheat day for me would be eating at maintenance level. That gives me 400 or so extra calories for dessert or whatever...and I haven't even really gone off track because I'm still at maintenance!!! It's not something I'd do very often, though.
  • StephC74
    StephC74 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    occasionally I have a small cheat day at home where I eat closer to maintenance calories. My real cheat days are when I go out to eat which is maybe 1-2 times a month. Last week I had one of those days. I ate about 800 or so calories for breakfast and lunch then didn't log my dinner because it was a local restaurant and I didn't have nutritional info. Anyway all that to say I would bet my dinner and desert were close to 2000 calories that night which would put me over by 1200 calories.
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    oh it's too embarassing to count! I overdo it at family get togethers, it can go into 2 maybe even 3000.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options

Yep. Easily.
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I had an unintentional cheat day today. It was snowing, cold, and I was sore from lifting yesterday so I hung around the house and snacked...and did basically nothing else.

I was over by 500 calories. First "Cheat day" I've had in a long time. And I made good choices (you can see my diary), just too much of it.
  • bsenka
    bsenka Posts: 33
    Options
    My Free Days are "eat as much as you want of whatever you want" all day, once a week for me. I can easily go over my "goal" by over 4000 calories if I cared to track it, but NOT tracking it is integral to the "Free Day". I got this from "Body For Life", it's a cornerstone of that program, and it really accelerated my results. I don't do BFL by the book anymore, but this is one of the tenets I think I'll always keep.
  • kstep88
    kstep88 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    My cheat day is right below maintenance... Also, I wouldn't call it a cheat day, because I just have a cheat meal and a little bit of alcohol. I honestly prefer a good pasta and some wine. If I eat poor quality food I can eat thousands of calories, but it makes me feel like crap...so I still eat decent and have a little (big) glass of Moscato!
  • marcenepea
    marcenepea Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I don't officially have cheat days. But every so often I just stop tracking for a few days and its always a struggle to start again. But those times are getting fewer and farther between. I have also just upped my calories so I'm hoping that will make this easier. Probably a slower process but easier to stay with. I wouldn't worry to much about an occasional cheat day though. It should get easier.