Any apple shaped women success stories out there?

Options

Replies

• AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Apple here. I have really wide shoulders, wide ribcage, big ole pregnant-looking belly, flat butt, skinny arms and legs.

I've lost 45lbs and and I still look pregnant. I don't really have a success story but I have had a little improvement.

I'm 135lbs now and my waist still measures 36" at my belly button. There has been some improvement although it took a while. It was originally 42" when I first started. i haven't lost an inch in my waist in 4 months. Sigh. It's the only part of my body that I want to lose from still.
  • katythemommy
    katythemommy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Yup. I'm OBVIOUSLY still in progress. But so far I've lost 27 pounds.

ScreenShot2012-03-19at11823PM.png

So happy to see an Apple shape thread! I always feel so alone haha!

You look great!
  • cassondraragan
    cassondraragan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    bumb
  • kikilareggae
    kikilareggae Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I have somehow managed to turn my "apple" body into an "hourglass" one.

Weight: 150: December 2011
    IMG_0187.jpg

Weight: 135: About 2 weeks ago
    IMG_0363.jpg

Side by Side:
    IMG_0366-1.jpg

The difference 15 pounds (and EXERCISE) makes! Now just working on losing a little bit all over :smile:
    That gosh darn lower belly pooch is brutal....
  • kikilareggae
    Options
    I have somehow managed to turn my "apple" body into an "hourglass" one.

Weight: 150: December 2011
    IMG_0187.jpg

Weight: 135: About 2 weeks ago
    IMG_0363.jpg

Side by Side:
    IMG_0366-1.jpg

The difference 15 pounds (and EXERCISE) makes! Now just working on losing a little bit all over :smile:
    That gosh darn lower belly pooch is brutal....

LOL K, let me try that again- WOW! I'm also and apple shape and it's awesome to see that you CAN INDEED whittle down the middle! Great job! What type of workout have you been doing?
  • kikilareggae
    Options
    P.S. Bump
  • kikilareggae
    Options
    Yup. I'm OBVIOUSLY still in progress. But so far I've lost 27 pounds.

ScreenShot2012-03-19at11823PM.png

So happy to see an Apple shape thread! I always feel so alone haha!

You SO aren't alone and you are on your way, you already look smaller under your bust!
  • kspoon5
    kspoon5 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Apples in the house!

I hate finding jeans that fit my legs and then they are way to tight for my waist or vice versa - ahhhhhhh!

This sooooo my problem too ! My jeans fit my legs and too tight for my waist or tooooo loose on legs and fit in the waist ....
  • chelseelovesyou
    chelseelovesyou Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    is it possible to be both apple & pear shaped? I feel like a cross bred fruit...

I have wide hips & a small waist and PESKY BELLY FAT! damn it to hell.
  • colorlessgreen
    colorlessgreen Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Check out mybodygallery.com. You can choose height, weight, shape, size, etc.

That's a cool site! Unfortunately there are only two women in my current height+weight+body type, and none in the 10-pound bracket below mine. I made a profile and uploaded a picture, though!
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I'm an apple: slim-ish legs and arms, narrow hips, big bust, ribcage and belly. I have a before and after pic in my profile and a recent pic of how I look now (the 'droog' pic is the most recent). Feel free to have a mooch.

I still have a big belly, probably always will have as I'm almost at my goal weight, but the right clothes can disguise it. It's all about dressing for your shape. So for me shorts and shorts skirts are in, midriff bearing tops are out

Even though I'm not ecstatic about being an apple (I guess I was hoping for a nice hourglass to emerge once all the fat was gone), I think I look 100% better than I did at over 200lbs. So yeah, it's a success story... with a big flabby belly :laugh:
  • xrockinrobyn
    xrockinrobyn Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm quite apple shaped. I've still got a poochy belly, I need to exercise it off! I went from 13st 5lbs (187lbs) down to about 178lbs without trying and then joined MFP. Lost 40lbs, the biggest part of my stomach went from about 40-42" (can't remember which) down to 36" and my waist has gone from 36" to 29" :)

w8xbt1.jpg

5l2g7p.jpg
  • tanga_gurl
    tanga_gurl Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Wow love this thread im an apple to the core! Big belly and boobs, no butt legs or arms! Argghh.. no success story just yet, but I have managed to lose 10lbs to far with a few more to go ( still don't know where it went? ) lol. Feel free to add me fellow apples id love more apple mfp buddys!
  • getfitnfab
    getfitnfab Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    An apple here
    Big biobs
    Bigger belly
    Big arms
    Size 4 jeans
    Size 10 shirts
    Size 8 or 10 in a dress
  • RainbowBrite86
    RainbowBrite86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    436 lbs 2008

58354_681776158151_20009190_38368499_5880052_n.jpg

DURING -247
    374833_289295207782285_100001054236968_914179_942421648_n.jpg

After (I still have 40 lbs left to lose)
    snapshot11.jpg

snapshot3.jpg

( still have that middle)
  • nileighttig
    nileighttig Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • jennibell81
    Options
    ^^^
    Same her to girl!!.....Not a complete apple or pear!!...So glad to know there are more shapes and fruits out there!
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I'm an apple too! I've been working on this for nearly 2 years, lots of running and some strength training, keeping calories around 1300-1500 and eating back my exercise calories. But I'm starting P90X next Monday (I have a half marathon on Saturday, so I'm waiting until that's over) and I'm hoping it will help me loose the pooch!

In my profile there's about the only "before" pic I'll post... I hate all those horrible shots of me, and the race picture that's my avatar is a pretty good "now" pic, I haven't changed in six months. Hoping this new program will be that last boost I need to kick my stomach off my body!!!
  • fourluvbugs
    fourluvbugs Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy to find other apples! I too always feel alone. I hope I'm not overstepping... I started a group for apple shapes. I invited lots of you already, but with four pages in the thread didn't get to everyone. You are all welcome, us apples need to hang together. Here's the group: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/4640-apple-orchard
  • WendyFlynn
    WendyFlynn Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Deleted
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!