Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties - April Challenge!! Take 2!!

Options

Replies

• abellone7289
    abellone7289 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I hope you are all having a lovely Wednesday!

Emily: Welcome back! I can understand how you feel with falling off the wagon. Up until three weeks ago I was on and off the wagon...I have been on MFP for almost a year now and have "twins" (people who are my height and my starting weight who had the same goal weight) who are at my goal weight and I have only lost 5 pounds and most of that came off in the last three weeks. Also congrats on the new apartment and running a 10k. I can't wait until I am in shape enough to run in even a 5k!

El: With the end of the semester coming up and a different schedule each week I don't know that I can join you in the crunches every morning. =( Maybe I will join you later in the month or we can pick it up again for next month. I definitely need to work on my abs for sure. I remember the days when I used to have the starting of a six pack and I want that back.

Paul: Welcome! Drinking you calories is a killer. I usually drink water, but one day I got a large soda. It basically killed my whole day! I tried to make up for it by eating less and I just ended up with low blood sugar and becoming very paranoid on my walk home. It's a great place to start, even if you are just cutting a few drinks per day. One day at a time. That's what this takes.

AFM: I am feeling great. I have been getting out there and running the past 2 days and my legs are GLORIOUSLY sore right now. Only for a mile and a half each time but it's better than sitting on my butt! I have to work my endurance up, because my lungs are not loving me too much right now. I am fine on the run, but it's once I chill out afterwards that I start coughing uncontrollably. Oh well. I know with time that will let up. ALSO last week I decided to up my calories a bit. It dropped 2 pounds this week! I know it's probably some water weight and some to do with the running, but I feel so much better doing it. Hopefully this will help me get the ball rolling.

Trying out a new recipe tonight for all you new recipe fans:
    Ingredients:

1 15.5 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
    9 oz frozen corn, thawed
    1 tomato, chopped
    1 small avocado, diced
    1/4 cup red onion, chopped
    1 scallion, chopped
    1 lime, juice of
    3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
    1 tbsp cilantro
    salt and fresh pepper

Directions:

Combine beans, corn, tomato, onion, scallion, cilantro, salt and pepper. Mix with lime juice and olive oil. Marinate in the refrigerator 30 minutes. Add avocado before serving.

I'm going to put it into a whole wheat pita. I'll let y'all know how it goes!

Anyway I have a paper I need to start and some jobs to apply to. Gotta keep my head in the game on all fronts! Have an awesome day!
  • hippiechel
    hippiechel Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    missgolightly - don't fret about falling off the wagon. at least you're back on now! sorry to hear that the relationship didn't work out but proud that you're able to do what's right and best for yourself!

beth - we're all back on the wagon now! where do you do kickboxing? i did boxing for a couple of months but i never made it to a kickboxing class. but the membership became a bit too pricey for me : (

qwerty - i think it's part of watching what you eat to some extent but also to stop feeling guilty.. i think the more guilty i feel about eating the food, the more i want to eat! if that makes sense. i still slip up here and there but i never let it go into crazy mode like i did before.. also i try to be mindful of what i buy at the grocery store. instead of buying a full pint of ice-cream (where i would be tempted to eat the entire tub), i buy different flavors of the small serving-sized tubs.

deeders - i live in LA! i recently hiked somewhere in the palisades area (i think it's the temescal canyon trail) and i also did the hike to the hollywood sign which was much easier. i've also done runyon once.. i'm totally down to explore more hiking trails but i am not very fast/fit yet.. i also eat spoonfuls of nutella but i haven't touched the bottle at work for a really long time and i learned that nutella molds!!! so gross.

what is the best way to banish fat around the middle area? tummy/love handles? cardio? circuit training? cutting back on sugar/sodium? cutting down on alcohol (omg)? all of the above?

i'm going to dinner with a friend tonight but hopefully when i get home i won't be too full to squeeze a 30DS level 2 workout in.
  • amandaraecook88
    amandaraecook88 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ok, I am new! Not to MFP, just to this group challenge! I had lost 37 pounds before Christmas but with all the goodies around and my never ending sweet tooth since, I have gained back 8 of those pounds! I am looking to lose another 70 pounds so this will definitely help me jump start and kick my sugar tooth for the rest of the year!

Allie7383- PR in my 5K on 4/22, Complete Ripped in 30, maintain low 140's, and be more positive all around!
    abby459 - Log EVERYTHING I eat this month. Watch my sodium intake. Stay under calories almost everyday (giving myself 2 days off for the month) Keep training for my 10K trail race on April 28th....goal is to be able to run the entire thing.
    Resolute2012 - Log in EVERY day, stay under calories, run five days a week
    JulieH3art - Drop 5lbs!!! Stick to my promises.
    Eleanoreb- Eat healthier, find healthy snacks, don't use the excuse "well i'm running so much, i can eat this" , core/ab work
    Kendib - Run 3 days a week, add in some cross training, be able to run a complete 5k.
    Bonniejo - Stop eating when I'm full, don't eat when I'm not hungry, and lose 3 pounds :)
    Meagalayne- Set a new PR in the 5K and 1/2 Marathon distances; Run on the beach at every opportunity on vacation and enjoy some good beer, live music, and great food; Finish my novel and start another; Acknowledge when I'm feeling needlessly sorry for myself and work on being positive for the sake of being positive; and finish out the month with a solid, tangible plan for both building strength/toning up and being happy in your personal life and relationship
    Alexsmith01 - Lose 1kg, cook 3 new healthy recipes, study study study for exams on 1/2 May
    Ezak86- lose 5 pounds, do HIIT sprints 3x/week and get target speed up to 11mph, cook more food at home, improve run distance to 10miles, get out an be more confident talking to strangers at the bars
    Qwerty07- Run 100 miles, strength train 3x per week, stay under calories every day except Sunday
    abellone7289 (Manda)- Run three times a week, even if It's just a mile. Get down to 138 by the 30th. Accept that I can't control everything and I should take my stressors one week at a time.
    oncemorewithfeeling- get below 150 lbs (means losing bout 8 lbs), add the 30 day shred on top of my workouts, stop snacking on things like crackers just because they're low in calories, buy a bathing suit I can feel good in
    fitontherun - Complete half marathon training, run half marathon in under 2:15, drink at least 64 oz of water each day, and take time to stretch and use a foam roller on my legs after running.
    hippiechel - workout 4 times a week and 128lbs by 21 april
    GreenHumanClay ( Cynthia) Continue to train for my next half on May 6th thats in SF so it will be hilly, weight train at least 3 xs per week, be able to do more push ups, increase my pace per minute when running, hydrate well and eat as clean as possible and weigh myself ONLY ONCE a week and continue to get better quality sleep.
    lalonmeg000(meghan)- insanity 4 days/week, see how long I can go without going over my cals and eating fast food. find a different way to relieve stress other than diet dr.pepper
    mkwow (Missy)- get into the 180's, putting me at a 55 to 60lb total loss and to actively increase my exercise levels working on the C25K and 30 day shred programs!
    caitwinmary(caitlin): keep training for my 5k so that when my first race comes on 6/2 i can run the whole thing, shred another 10lbs by the end of april, and workout hard and use ripped in 30 between runs.
    deeders1220: Walk and not take the bus into my office from the parking lot (about 15 min walk each way for a total of 30mins extra walking EVERY DAY), Go to the gym/do something active 3x a week, and no fried food! Rock that bikini in Vegas!
    GuamGrly (Bethany) - get into 130’s, log at least 5 days out of the week (I am not good at this and really need to up my game), continue trying new recipes, go to the gym at least 3 times per week, read one book
    paul87920 - stop drinking my calories, get under 400lbs, and fix more meals at home.
    missgolightly727(Emily) - Lose 5 lbs(will put me at 155 lbs), run 3 times a week(distance doesn't matter), log everything that goes into my mouth(thatswhatshesaid), class at the gym at least once a week
    CKlei- Lose atleast 5 lbs. (will put me back down to 129), go on family walks 3 times a week, learn some new at home workouts , log everything I eat and Still breastfeed for the entire month.
    amandaraecook88 - I want to lose at least 8 pounds and start exercising at least 3 times per week.
  • JMSKCW
    JMSKCW Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am new to this, as well. I have lost about 5 lbs since I started MFP. I am taking this week off (not techincally "off" as I will still exercise about half of my normal goal but I am eating maintenance calories because I have four 12+ hour days this week).
    My goals are to improve my running distance as well as just to stick to my schedule. Also, I am going to up my exercise minutes per month from 1200 to 1300. Looking forward to this!

Allie7383- PR in my 5K on 4/22, Complete Ripped in 30, maintain low 140's, and be more positive all around!
    abby459 - Log EVERYTHING I eat this month. Watch my sodium intake. Stay under calories almost everyday (giving myself 2 days off for the month) Keep training for my 10K trail race on April 28th....goal is to be able to run the entire thing.
    Eleanoreb- Eat healthier, find healthy snacks, don't use the excuse "well i'm running so much, i can eat this" , core/ab work
    Kendib - Run 3 days a week, add in some cross training, be able to run a complete 5k.
    Bonniejo - Stop eating when I'm full, don't eat when I'm not hungry, and lose 3 pounds :)
    Meagalayne- Set a new PR in the 5K and 1/2 Marathon distances; Run on the beach at every opportunity on vacation and enjoy some good beer, live music, and great food; Finish my novel and start another; Acknowledge when I'm feeling needlessly sorry for myself and work on being positive for the sake of being positive; and finish out the month with a solid, tangible plan for both building strength/toning up and being happy in your personal life and relationship
    Alexsmith01 - Lose 1kg, cook 3 new healthy recipes, study study study for exams on 1/2 May
    Ezak86- lose 5 pounds, do HIIT sprints 3x/week and get target speed up to 11mph, cook more food at home, improve run distance to 10miles, get out an be more confident talking to strangers at the bars
    Qwerty07- Run 100 miles, strength train 3x per week, stay under calories every day except Sunday
    abellone7289 (Manda)- Run three times a week, even if It's just a mile. Get down to 138 by the 30th. Accept that I can't control everything and I should take my stressors one week at a time.
    oncemorewithfeeling- get below 150 lbs (means losing bout 8 lbs), add the 30 day shred on top of my workouts, stop snacking on things like crackers just because they're low in calories, buy a bathing suit I can feel good in
    fitontherun - Complete half marathon training, run half marathon in under 2:15, drink at least 64 oz of water each day, and take time to stretch and use a foam roller on my legs after running.
    GreenHumanClay ( Cynthia) Continue to train for my next half on May 6th thats in SF so it will be hilly, weight train at least 3 xs per week, be able to do more push ups, increase my pace per minute when running, hydrate well and eat as clean as possible and weigh myself ONLY ONCE a week and continue to get better quality sleep.
    lalonmeg000(meghan)- insanity 4 days/week, see how long I can go without going over my cals and eating fast food. find a different way to relieve stress other than diet dr.pepper
    mkwow (Missy)- get into the 180's, putting me at a 55 to 60lb total loss and to actively increase my exercise levels working on the C25K and 30 day shred programs!
    caitwinmary(caitlin): keep training for my 5k so that when my first race comes on 6/2 i can run the whole thing, shred another 10lbs by the end of april, and workout hard and use ripped in 30 between runs.
    deeders1220: Walk and not take the bus into my office from the parking lot (about 15 min walk each way for a total of 30mins extra walking EVERY DAY), Go to the gym/do something active 3x a week, and no fried food! Rock that bikini in Vegas!
    GuamGrly (Bethany) - get into 130’s, log at least 5 days out of the week (I am not good at this and really need to up my game), continue trying new recipes, go to the gym at least 3 times per week, read one book
    paul87920 - stop drinking my calories, get under 400lbs, and fix more meals at home.
    missgolightly727(Emily) - Lose 5 lbs(will put me at 155 lbs), run 3 times a week(distance doesn't matter), log everything that goes into my mouth(thatswhatshesaid), class at the gym at least once a week
    CKlei- Lose atleast 5 lbs. (will put me back down to 129), go on family walks 3 times a week, learn some new at home workouts , log everything I eat and Still breastfeed for the entire month.
    amandaraecook88 - I want to lose at least 8 pounds and start exercising at least 3 times per week.
    JMSKCW: Lose 4 lbs., up my exercise goal to 1300 minutes/month; increase my running distance; and to look awesome on my 1st wedding anniversary (4/30/2012)
  • bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I just tried these: Poblano, Mango, Avocado and Black Bean Quesadillas ( http://pickyeaterblog.com/2012/03/06/poblano-black-bean-mango-quesadillas/ ) for lunch. So good :)
  • kristennwinter
    kristennwinter Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys! Is it too late to join?? I've fallen off the wagon COMPLETELY since christmas, and although I have not gained, I haven't lost more than 4 pounds in the last 3 months, and that has probably been a loss of muscle mass. I need to get back into the swing of things, because I'm just 7.8 pounds from a major milestone - being out of the 200's!! I need some accountability, and a new group, so here's my goal!

-Work Out at least 4 hours per week
    - Log every morsel of food that goes into my mouth
    - 7.8 pounds gone by My Birthday, May 1!
    - Drink all my water!! My body as well as my skin has been hating me for the last 3 months for not drinking as much water as I should!

JMSKCW: Lose 4 lbs., up my exercise goal to 1300 minutes/month; increase my running distance; and to look awesome on my 1st wedding anniversary (4/30/2012)
    KristennWinter - -Work Out at least 4 hours per week, Log in every day. Log every morsel of food that goes into my mouth, 7.8 pounds gone by My Birthday, May 6! Drink all my water!
  • bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Also, just had Tempeh and Broccolini Stir-Fry for dinner (today is cooking day for the week lol) and it was so good! I just used frozen broccoli and I didn't have rice vinegar so I used water and some lemon juice, and it was super delish! I just love tempeh, although I'm sure you could use meat if you wanted to.

The website I found this on has some fantastic recipes, and is written by a registered dietitian :) You should check it out! :D

http://www.preventionrd.com/2012/03/meatless-monday-tempeh-and-broccolini-stir-fry/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+PreventionRd+(Prevention+RD)&utm_content=Google+Reader
  • prettygirlhoward
    prettygirlhoward Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    BUMPING for now, very interested in this April challenge .......
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Happy Hump Day Lovelies and Gent!!

Deeders – sounds like you finished up yesterday great!! I am with you…I don’t feel like my meal is complete until I have had something sweet. I am trying to overcome that. I know I don’t “need” it so I try to wait a little while to see if that feeling subsides. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn’t. And I’m in Orange County. I definitely want to do some hiking this year. We will have to figure something out. I am by no means a runner but hoping to become one by the end of the year.

Meag – I am so happy to be back also!!! It feels great and empowering. I am so glad that whatever it is that I needed to click, finally clicked. And Point Loma is a beautiful area from what I can remember. My family used to take day trips down there when I was younger. There is a cute lighthouse. I will see if I can find anything.

Emily – congrats on standing up for yourself and not sticking out the situation to look out for someone else’s feelings. That sounds exactly like something I would do. I think for the first time in my life, I have finally come to terms with being single and I’m content with where I’m at (for now). I also realized this week that the only reason I would be in a hurry to get married is because I want to have more babies. And since I’m 30, that doesn’t give me too much time to date someone, get engaged, get married, and get pregnant. But I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. I am going to enjoy life and the time with my kids and if and/or when it happens then that’s great!! I have been a complete slacker lately too but something finally clicked and I am ready to do this!! And great job on the 10k. You still got out there and finished it!!

Chel – yay for being back on the wagon!! I do the Turbo Kick class at 24 Hour Fitness. I love the instructor that is there on Tuesday nights. There are a few other instructors that teach at the same gym but I haven’t found one that I like as much as the one that teaches on Tuesday nights.

Newbies - welcome to the group!! Please feel free to post as often as you would like. Ask questions. And just make yourself at home. We look forward to having you as a part of our group.
  • qwerty07
    qwerty07 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!!
    So I've taken today off as I'm kind of sore from yesterday and the day before. Yesterday I did this stengrth training workout which was kind of a rip off of the 'card deck' workout Carrie Underwood (one of my fitness and healthy eating role models!!!) does. Basically you mix up running sprints with different strength exercises for your legs, arms, and abs. Lots of wall squats, lunges, planks, tricep dips, pushups, single leg squats, donkey kicks, bicep curls, overhead presses, calf raises, and 'muffin top.'
    Eleanoreb- I would love to take on the challenged of doing 50 planks/crunches/side planks every day- but I think every other day is the only thing I can commit to right now as my obliques are in serious pain from 'muffin tops'. (which are the BEST move for love handles...you hold a 10 pound weight or more and lean directly to the side for 25 reps or so and then pulse for 25 reps on each side)
    Hippiechel- Thanks for the tips of preventing binge eating. I think keeping excessive food or junky food out of the house is probably my downfall...I betcha can't eat just one should be my slogan!
    Megalyne- Tried a version of your protein brownies and added peanut butter on top. So yummy!
    Deeders1220- You will have so much fun in Vegas! Are you planning on going to any of the pools/ nightclubs?
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies and gent - Loads of posting and activity here the past day! Way too much to catch up on but I am happy to see so much interest and love on the threads :bigsmile: You guys are such an inspired and motivating force! Although I don't have time to respond to you all, please know that I read the thread often throughout my day and am so thrilled to see such awesome hard work and commitment from everyone.

I'm also selfishly SO excited to see many new crazy running addicts on the thread! :blushing: Love it!

Quick replies to a few of ya:

Guam - Happiness! Although I've been a major grouch all week, I need to just kick myself in the *kitten* and be thankful the weekend is here. In one week I'll be leaving for SD! I am so excited about Point Loma - I hear is a fabulous and very cool/relaxing place to stay. And only a few K's from the beach. Glorious! Happy to see you back kicking some *kitten* at the gym too lady - you deserve it!

Qwerty - Glad you liked them! There are so many versions... They can be a bit dry and pasty if you have them as brownies proper. I prefer to crumble mine up over fruit, yogurt and LOADS of cinnamon :blushing: But I'm also a total pig and eat 300 calorie snacks :laugh: Girls gotta run to eat that much! Love your workout from yesterday. Where did you find it? I should find something similar and give it a go. I need to switch up my running with some good strength and fun calisthenics to get my body in shape...

bonniejo - I haven't checked the links yet but both those recipes sound YUM! I love quesadillas of ANY kind! I do mine in the oven and they turn out wicked. Usually cook up an extra portion of the filling and have it heated over a bed of spinach for lunch the next day. Mmmmm :bigsmile:

NEWBS! Welcome :flowerforyou: Happy to have you and some great looking goals too. Love the family walks 3x a week! Social fitness was a goal of mine for many months in 2011... It's just way too easy to neglect your family/friends trying to hammer down a workout regimen that you are happy with. I ended up way too focused on working out and losing out on the rest of my life :ohwell: Often times it still feels that way.

JMSKCW- Love the running goals - what are you doing to improve your endurance? what is your distance goal for the month. I always found that saying "I'm going to make my longest run this month X miles" always got me pushing myself that little bit farther. Just cover the miles total and don't worry about breaks to walk or jog. It's all about time on your feet :happy:

OK! AFM - I ran an easy 3.5miles today in preparation for tomorrow's race. Really just took a cruise and kept it simple. I barely even thought about my pace or time. Just zoned out. Work's been hell all week so it was nice to just run and try to forget about it. Race is at 9:30am tomorrow but I've got to drive a bit out of town for it, so it will be another early morning. Going out for a quick drink with a friend tonight but plan to stick with one beer and hope it doesn't derail my race. I need to get out and do something fun!

My weekend plans are to race, then do some hot yoga at night, Saturday I am driving Ty to a race of his own in the morning, and then having a dinner party with friends in the evening. I am hoping to fit in a good workout but who knows :ohwell: Maybe I'll hit the gym if time permits. Sunday is retail therapy day ! :bigsmile: I really do want to long run this weekend but I'm not sure it's in the cards. I've got to fit one in sometime before my holidays so perhaps I'll try to squeeze in a long run during the week... Argh. Not sure it's going to happen. Not unless I get up SUPER early on Sunday, but really - who wants to do that? I have to be up early Friday and Saturday for the races... psht! I need my sleep! :grumble:

Alright running way later. Talk to you beauts later! I'll leave ya with a pic of my morning oats - This is how I start my day. And ya, that number on the scale is dead on :wink: Oats oats oats!
    IMAG0305.jpg
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    wow I feel like I have missed a ton on here already!!! Let me try and catch up!!

Meag - That stir-fry sounds yummy...I may be trying to make that soon, I have a few days off this coming weekend!! I know you've had a stress this week, so I hope you get a nice weekend off!! And good luck on your race tomorrow!!! Love those oats (minus the cottage cheese, I just cant seem to make myself like it!!) I'm not sure what units that is on your scale...we crazy Americans use lbs and what-not, but it looks wonderful!!

Bethany- Yes, we can definately help to keep eachother accountable this month...I can feel myself falling off the wagon and I am trying desperately to hang on!! I love your thought of "owning the wagon" I need to do that also. And I think you should stick with the kickboxing if thats what works for you, no reason that you have to run.

Deeders - It sounds like you had a great time at the gym...I love when I go home feeling accomplished!! And awesome for focusing on weigh-training...so many girls shy away from it, but it has TONS of benefits!!

Emily - We missed you too!! It sounds like you are getting your love life under control!! Its hard to walk away from a relationship, but you did the right thing for you!! And thats still a great time on the 10K, esp with the lack of training!!

abellone - Sorry your legs are sore...but great job for getting out there and running!! Make sure you are taking a day off between each run, esp as you increase your distance...it will help give you joints and muscles a chance to recover!! Congrats on the weight loss!!

Hi and Welcome to all the newbies!! I will catch up with you all soon!!

AFM - I have had a busy work week and no time to myself!! But luckily, I am off work friday and saturday, then I work a 4hr shift sunday (we all split the holiday) and off again monday!! A much needed break from work for me. Haven't had time to do a ton of running since my half, last week I ran twice and both times my legs felt like crap!! I ran yesterday...got in a good 6 miler on the trails, legs still felt heavy and I was far from my fastest times on that trail, but it was better then the week before. Hopefully I can get a few runs in while I am off work and get my body/legs feeling back to normal. For those who race.....how long does it take you to recover after an event?? Should I be feeling normal again by now?? No pain or anything, legs just feel really heavy and not "themselves". I have also been trying to focus on my diet again this week, although I have eaten out a few times, but trying to do the best I can....

Hope you all have a great weekend and a wonderful Easter to those who celebrate!!!
  • meagalayne
    Options
    OH! And Emily - You've sooooo been missed, girl! Happy to hear you are getting things together and making choices for you. Sounds like a winning plan. Glad to hear you're settled into your new place too and feeling good about being back on track :bigsmile: Welcome back :flowerforyou:
  • lalonmeg000
    lalonmeg000 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Holy moley !!! Look at all the post!

First welcome to all the newbies, so glad you are joinin us.

Quick post tonight then time for an early bed! Promise to go back and see what everyone has been up to tomorrow.

AFM: first week and goals already aren't going as well as I would like. I did however make the personal executive desicion to start insanity completely over with month 1. The workouts are still tough but more manageable and doable with my current schedule. Worked on a paper basically all day and I am popped !! My roommate is gone for the weekend which honestly I am glad to have the place to myself for a bit. I am rarely ever home but idk it's nice to have the entire place as your own.

Heard back from theater #1 and it's a no go for the summer which is okay, not my top choice and still 3 more theaters to hear from. I did get a design position with the school again if I don't get any internships, so at least I have something to fall back on.

Having another "that's it I quit" week with work, so we will see how tomorrow goes.

Hope everyone's week is going well!!

-Meghan
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Quick race update!

Last year's Good Friday 5K - Chip time was 28:39 (running on a neuroma in my foot... :grumble: )

This year's Good Friday 5K - Chip time was 25:52!

Progress :drinker: And tonight, it's hot yoga to sweat out some stress and mellow out. As for the rest of the day, who knows! I've been carbing like it's my job the past few days and really need to get back on track with my eating. I'll get there. As long as I'm within my cals these days, I'm happy. Life is just way too busy for much else :noway:

Have a splendid Good Friday my pals! :heart:
  • meagalayne
    Options
    AHEM! :blushing:

Where is everyone? I haven't got much time to post here but I just wanted to bump. Come on ladies. Let's see some inspiring updates!

AFM - I did hot yoga last night after my race and it was a BIG mistake. My body is wrecked and last night I could barely even climb the stairs I was in so much pain. My foot and hip on the left side are in disrepair. Which means unplanned rest today and wayyyy over my cals, for sure. I had planned a long run :ohwell:

Sigh. C'est la vie. The good news was I woke up feeling very trim and actually pretty happy with my body this morning. I'll take what I can get :wink:

Happy Saturday my loves!
  • fitontherun
    fitontherun Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm excited to see all the runners on this thread!

meagalayne-Great job on the 5k! That's a really awesome time.

AFM: I've been have been doing a good job following my goals for the month. Most importantly, I'm taking the time to listen to my body (my knee and IT band), and not aggravate my old injuries. Today, I have my long run of 10 miles. I'm hoping this week's long run will go much better than last week's. By the time I went out last week, the sun and the heat was too much. I had to take more walk breaks than I had originally wanted to.

22 more days until my first half marathon!
  • lalonmeg000
    lalonmeg000 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Meag- so sorry to hear your are in that much pain ! Hoping your body is feeling a little more rested today. Great timing in the run though and for shaving off some time since last year !!

Fitontherun- congrats on singing up for your first 1/2 marathon ! Good job on keeping up with your goals, and yes you will find a lot of runners on here !!

AFM: sorry I just have no time to go back and look through the first 2 pages right now, again working on my next theater project ! Started insanity yesterday and it felt great. A little defeated again today because the candy bowl got to me at work but I only had 2 piece rather than last weeks i lost count pieces. Been trying to find a dress for a formal I am going to and I did find one (well out of budget) but its my favorite style of dress and it looked good on me and I have never been able to wear a mostly backless dress ! It was even too big.

That's about all thats going on here, a busy and slow weekend all at the same time. Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend and happy Easter!!

-Meghan
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday Lovelies and Gent!! I am assuming that everyone is enjoying time with family during this holiday weekend and that’s the reason that it is so quiet in here.

Qwerty – Carrie Underwood definitely has a body image to aspire for…she’s gorgeous!!

Meag – that pic of your morning oats looks so yummy!! How did you make that batch? And I can’t help but think of you every time I make my oats. And great job on your race!!

Abby – sounds like you are definitely getting some much needed time away from work. I need to get some planning in for the week ahead so that I can do better at logging this week. Let’s do this!!!

Meghan – glad that you decided to start Insanity over again. I look forward to the day that I can actually start it and stick with it. I was just too overwhelmed when I attempted to start. However, it will probably be added to the bucket list for the year. And keep us updated on the other 3 theaters and their decisions. I wish you the best of luck!!

Fitontherun – I think being able to listen to your body is so important. It is probably one of the most convenient tools and so easy to use but often goes without being heard. Great job!!

AFM…Made it to the gym twice this week which is super exciting for me. I am lucky that my kids look forward to going to the gym as well. Whenever we drive past the gym, my son asks when we are going so I have them to keep me accountable also. I am trying to get back in the habit of logging on a regular basis again. I need to plan meals so that I don’t have to guess. I have a busy month though and just about every weekend is scheduled on both Saturday and Sunday with some sort of event which exception to the last weekend. So we shall see how that goes. I do have a few things to keep me on track though…going to a car show in a few weeks where a few guys that I used to date will be sure to make an appearance, going to Vegas in June for my best friend’s birthday, and going to visit my mom in Arizona again in July.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and a happy Easter!!
  • qwerty07
    qwerty07 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday/Easter for those who celebrate (or the 2nd day of chocolate as I call it...the first would be Feb.15th when all that Valentines Day chocolate goes on sale!)

Last week I ended up running 21.5 miles...which isn't 25 but hopefully with the two extra days this month on top of 4 weeks it can work out to my total being 100. I only did one strength training session though :(. I find the strength training is so much more difficult for me to motivate myself to do! I just feel like if I'm not sweating and my hearts not pounding like on my run's I'm not really WORKING. Does anyone else feel like that? However having taken strength conditioning dance classes for most of last year I HAVE seen the results of consistent strength training, and KNOW that they are doable!

Guamgrly- Not only is Carrie Underwood gorgeous and has a great husband....but she also has a hot husband! So jealous!

Megalyne- Awesome times in your races! I have my first races of the season coming up this month, and I'm worried since I haven't raced since September that my times will be SLOWER than last year! The strength training workout I did was a combination of a bunch of moves I picked up from dance class, and running on the treadmill for 1 minute at 7.5 mph. So alternating one minute of running, with one minute of a strength training move. The worst is getting back on the treadmill after doing wall sqauts or lunges! I think I will make your brownies again today as an easter treat...yumm!

Fitontherun- How did your 10 mile run go? I must say I am jealous that your runs are deterred by too much sun and heat! Up here in Canada I have the opposite issue! I also have a half marathon in under 30 days! Are you planning on eating anything during the race? I did a half last fall and didn't eat during the race, but this time around I am thinking of perhaps bringing a broken up protein bar or almons or something similar. Good luck with your training!