Couch to 5K anyone?!? We start on monday!

Options

Replies

• ClassiC
    ClassiC Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    thanks for the music sites!!:flowerforyou:

woohoo!!!!! go us!!!!
  • tron3002
    tron3002 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    :smile: Hello
    I am interested in coolrunnings.com. However the web sight goes to a domain site. Is anyone else having this trouble? Do I have the correct web address?

I had this problem also so I googled cool runnings and found it there.
  • dwnjjugalette
    Options
    I am on week 4 of the program but is it ok if I still join too? I LOVE IT! I am struggling with week four and might end up repeating it but oh well. Suz's podcasts are AMAZING They are really easy to follow and the hip hop music is upbeat enough and has a strong-enough beat to make running more interesting! I am looking forward to week 4 run #3 tomorrow morning at 6am!!! (ewwwwww 6am)

I think that anyone starting this program deserves a round of applause because it is intimidating to look at the end goal and say "hey Im going to run 5km in less than 3 months" but in the end....you really could!! Good luck to everyone!!!

Of course it is fine if you join, you will be our inspirational member hehe! :wink: Welcome abord everyone! I am very excited to start this up again, i really do miss running. I have to get robert ullreys podcast. I had my ex download it for me yesterday and i totally forgot to put it on my iPhone before i left. :cry: :sad: I will just have to run to the music i have now until i can get back over there. :huh: Well i gotta run, (hehe) i will talk to all of you later! And thanks again! Keeping to the program is a lot easier when you have a whole group that supports each other.
  • dwnjjugalette
    Options
    yes yes yes!!!!!!!!!

i was just asking another group about this the other day & ppl said they'd tried it:smile: i'm so not a runner (barely a walker even lol) i usually use a stationary bike for cardio but i was planning to start on monday too so it would be great to have this group to motivate me!!! mfp rocks!!!!!!!

i look forward to hearing how y'all are going & will try to post regularly too! is everyone on a treadmill or open road?? i'm going to be alternating........ also, where can we download that timed music??? that would be a big help. lol

ALL THE BEST EVERYONE :flowerforyou: we can do this!!!!!

i will be doing all open road. i am not a runner either... yet. we can do it if we all stick together! :bigsmile:
  • ClarkOMan
    ClarkOMan Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    OooRah!
    I am ready.
    I've been measuring the distances in my neighborhood on GoogleEarth, and I'm building my playlists for my iPod.

Count me in too!
  • dwnjjugalette
    Options
    OooRah!
    I am ready.
    I've been measuring the distances in my neighborhood on GoogleEarth, and I'm building my playlists for my iPod.

Count me in too!

mapmyrun.com is also an awesome website for tracking distance!
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I already started this just today, but can I join too? I was afraid to say I'd join before I knew that I could in any way shape or form do this.

I may have to repeat some weeks - I can forsee that - but I want to give it a try!
  • dwnjjugalette
    Options
    I already started this just today, but can I join too? I was afraid to say I'd join before I knew that I could in any way shape or form do this.

I may have to repeat some weeks - I can forsee that - but I want to give it a try!

Dont fret, the first time i did this i had to repeat a few of the weeks too. And that is totally fine, especially once you hit weeks 5 and beyond, that stuff is crazy haha.

Okay guys, I currently weigh 237 and my goal is to be under 200 by new years. i think i can do it, especially with this new program. LETS DO IT!!!
  • dwnjjugalette
    Options

Of course! Welcome aboard!!!
  • mamabear272
    mamabear272 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I think I'm gonna get in on this too! I'm running either a full or half marathon in April of 2010 (depending on what I think I can do) so this will be perfect! :bigsmile:
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    I start week 8 tomorrow- almost there!! :drinker: And I'm running my first 5k two weeks from today... I just wanted to stop by and say GOOD LUCK to everyone starting tomorrow!!! You can do it! :bigsmile:
  • Phatboy190
    Phatboy190 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a good way to start my exercise. Count me in.
  • maddiebabe
    maddiebabe Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Im 244 and i want to be 204 by new years so lets keep each other motivated too lol! i am sopumped for this! I run day 3 of week 4 tomorrow mornign and I am ready ....well I think i might be ready!!! I am also attempting to eat clean starting tomorrow too! More natural foods and less 100calorie snacks etc when Im feeling the urge to eat!!! I just have tomake sure I dont go back to bed after my run tomorrow morning and instead make breakfast (mmmmm egg white omlettewith peppers) and make my lunch to take with me to work tomorrow!!!!
  • herowithinyou
    Options
    I'd like to join. I saw the couch to 5k site a while back, and I've been looking for a different exercise regimen since I'm going to be moving back to school this week and leaving my kickboxing equipment and bike behind :sad: So, I think I'll give it a go.
  • sheofthesea
    sheofthesea Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start once the kids go back to school, so any of you who need to wait a week or two...keep your eyes open!
  • fiftyandfit
    fiftyandfit Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I wanna join too!!:bigsmile:

maddiebabe and ClassiC.......glad to see you here! Let's get movin'!!
    Think I'm finally to a place mentally (fingers crossed) where I want (need) to be.

Happy to see so many wanting to get off the couch. Any older folks in this group?
    I'll be 50 in 2 months :noway: and don't want to look 50 or look like I've had 6 kids!!

I don't have an Ipod...can these tunes be loaded on to any MP3?

Pam:flowerforyou:
  • fiftyandfit
    Options
    :smile: Hello
    I am interested in coolrunnings.com. However the web sight goes to a domain site. Is anyone else having this trouble? Do I have the correct web address?

no S.....www.coolrunning.com
  • fiftyandfit
    Options
    found ulleys podcasts in mp3 format...now I just gotta find the dang cord to connect
    to the computer!!:grumble:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Just a bit of a pitch for the program - I've always said I can't run - for this reason and that reason - well I finished this program early July and it's absolutely amazing. Just tell yourself you can do it and you will!
  • fiftyandfit
    Options
    chrissy.........thanks for the words of encouragement.....u rock!!

Pam:flowerforyou: