Crazy food habit you had as a kid

Options

Replies

• Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I hated tuna fish sandwiches so I would eat the tuna right out of the can with just a tiny bit of salt on it. I also liked to eat cold hotdogs right out of the bag.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I ate my rice with soy sauce on top of rolled cucumbers to make a "sandwich." I pretty much put soy sauce on my rice daily with all meals unless there was a sauce with it.

When we had fish I liked to mix it with my rice, and add lots of black pepper and vinegar.

I also liked to take spongy butter top white bread, remove the crust, fold it into quarters and the squish it and eat it. I have no idea where I got that idea, but that definitely gives you a good sense of the nutritional value of sliced white bread.
  • jadedone
    Options
    I hated tuna fish sandwiches so I would eat the tuna right out of the can with just a tiny bit of salt on it. I also liked to eat cold hotdogs right out of the bag.

Oh I liked to do this with hot links!
  • HollywoodDJ
    HollywoodDJ Posts: 296
    Options
    I used to make toast and put peanut butter and sprinkle sugar over top! Such a yummy treat!

18447478.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jadedone
    Options
    Mustard sandwiches....nuff said..lol

Me too!
  • ska591
    ska591 Posts: 1
    Options
    Mayonnaise sandwiches....... my daughter used to drink those little coffee creamer cups......:sick:
  • notdancinganymore
    notdancinganymore Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    As young as I can remember, I remember saying no to having ice cream treat at my grandparents house, and watching everyone else eat one and dying inside because I really actually wanted one. And thinking I was a "good" kid because of this!!!
  • jadedone
    Options
    I use to microwave my icecreM. Loved to drink it like soup.

Me too!

Oh and i liked to crush up my ice cream sandwiches into a thick guacamole sort of texture. My parents thought I was crazy!
  • downtownstazi
    downtownstazi Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    One: Peanut butter and maple syrup in a bowl mixed up, I thought it was the most amazing thing ever. Then I grew up and realized how bad it is for you.

I dont think its that crazy but I used to eat tomato sandwiches. Two slices of bread and two slices of tomatoes. (I still do this)
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Saltine crackers with mayo
    Blue Plate mayo! :)
  • jadedone
    Options
    My different foods could not touch each other, and I ate all of one before I'd start another.

I am still that way!

Me too!

Me three. I am a little less picky now but there are foods that categorically can't touch each other. Meat + starch is OK. Salad + anything hot is not OK. Dessert + anything is not OK. And veggies? I usually separate them out away from the meat and the starch unless it is soup or stir-fry. If it all comes mixed in a restaurant, or stacked, I eat one category first, and then move on to the next.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    ketchup on mashed potatos

mayo sandwhiches

peanut butter and mayo sandwhiches

fry baloney

cold hot dogs right out of the packaged

thats all I can think of :bigsmile:
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    I would do the roll white bread into a ball and eat it.
    Raw spaghetti, I would just grab handfulls of it it out of the container in the cupboard and chow down.

Not that crazy, both my OH and I still do this, is put our fries in our burgers when we get something from HJ's or Macca's.

My worst crazy habit that I have sooooo definitely grown out of, was.....
    Snail sandwiches.
    Mum and dad would see me head out the front or back yard with a few slices of bread, go to see what I was doing and find me chowing down on still alive Garden snails (still in the shells!) between pieces of bread. Not sure how long that phase lasted.
  • naonah
    naonah Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'd make paste out of chocolate chip cookies with a bit of milk. In hind site, I guess I was making cookie dough! Yum! On a less appetizing note, as a child I used to eat white bread only with mayonnaise (as a sandwich). LOL
  • janet0513
    janet0513 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    1.Sugar and butter sangas.....
    2.Tomato sauce sangas........
    3.I used to mix butter and sugar together and eat it......
    4.Make icing...icing sugar, milk, cocoa and sometimes coconut.....Mix it all and put it in the freezer till hard and then eat......

1,3 and 4 was always done when I was home alone...This is the first time that I have ever told anyone.....

I used to put butter and sugar on bread and sprinkle water over it
  • dyannajoy
    dyannajoy Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    cucumbers straight from the garden....by the bushel......still love cucumbers today! Much harder to find good ones though.
  • moodymarble
    moodymarble Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    bologna and ketchup sangies. So much ketchup that when you bit the sangie the ketchup oozed out! Mmmmmmm....my mouth puckers at the thought of how tangy it was! : /

Now it's peanut butter n cucumber sangies. Seems we don' t always outgrow our weirdness! ; )
  • riouxha
    riouxha Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    When I was kid my Mom made this excellent spicy chili and I would drink milk while eating it.

college age: Beer instead of milk in my cocoa pebbles. Tasty,

Mayo with french fries instead of ketchup. I still do it on rare occassions

Also, when I need aspirin, I will chew bayer aspirin on purpose, I just love the taste.

I do the mayo thing with fries (well, not anymore.) its delicioussss
  • naonah
    naonah Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Mayonnaise sandwiches....... my daughter used to drink those little coffee creamer cups......:sick:

Cool, I did the same! (sorry, hadn't sen your post) Guess I wasn't so strange after all!
  • arnoswife
    arnoswife Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    My different foods could not touch each other, and I ate all of one before I'd start another.

same here!! LOL