Crazy food habit you had as a kid

Options

Replies

• TheNakedHouseWife
    Options
    I would take a red boiled potato + helluva good dip + redbeet egg + bacon bits and mash them all together.

& it is still one of my favorite meals ever. LOL.

I was a pro at eating weird combos. I used to drink orange juice while I ate pickles; I can't do that anymore. My stomach cannot handle all the acid.
  • Axels91
    Axels91 Posts: 213
    Options
    eating condiment packets! salt, pepper, ketchup, hot sauce, mustard, bbq...the list goes on.
  • peasantgirly
    peasantgirly Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Cat food. Like when I was 5 or so...

Kinda hard to believe, looking back, but I used to love it.
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I used to eat clumps of brown sugar. And I loved cheese with peanut butter - just a slice (or 3) of cheese with peanut butter on it.

When I was 4-5, I would hold food in my mouth and "suck" on it. My brother used to say I could suck the color out of a green bean. :blushing:
  • khuckaby1
    khuckaby1 Posts: 69
    Options
    uncooked ramen noodles. just munched them like a giant cracker or cookie or something!

Me too! Thought I was the only one.
  • judybrim
    judybrim Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Along with picking anything that grew out of doors, we used to pick dandelion leaves, bring them home and wash them and sprinkle them with salt! :D
  • Feathil
    Feathil Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I would mix the jelly (jell-o yeah?) with the hot water but drink it straight away without setting it. Really nice as a winter drink actually
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    used to love letting the chocolate ice cream get soft and dipping wise potato chips,,,, could eat a lot o them chips . also went through a phase where i was making a pre-fab home made pizza from a box almost every day after school... sigh...
    oh. then there was the mashed potatoes / ketchup thing with some corn added... that one made my brother grab a double album cover and erect a barrier between us at the table...
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Hmm. I had so many of these! Lets see.

White bread, country crock (lots), and A1 steak sauce
    I would always make garlic bread in the microwave: bread, country crock, garlic powder
    Grilled cheese with lots of miracle whip
    Dip french fries in ketchup, mayo, and hot sauce OR ranch and ketchup
    Mac n' cheese and ketchup. I still do this, but rarely have mac n cheese anyways. When I first moved in with my boyfriend I would disguise this food habit by serving hot dogs on top. "It's for my hotdog" haha.

Basically food is just the vehicle for condiments! :)
  • Brittany3914
    Brittany3914 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I used to secretly hide in my bedroom closet and eat sticks of butter. Entire sticks. By the pound. Sick.
  • Chigger56
    Chigger56 Posts: 105
    Options
    Mustard and sugar sandwiches.
  • scloyd
    scloyd Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Sugar sandwich. bread, butter, sugar......yummy

I ate the same sandwich when I was a kid.
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    peanut butter, banana, raisins and miracle whip sandwiches. Yup...I said miracle whip. Sounds gross...tasted divine back then.
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    Sugar sandwich. bread, butter, sugar......yummy

I ate the same sandwich when I was a kid.
    we did too.
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Oh yes.. I forgot cold spaghetti between 2 pieces of white bread smothered in... you guessed it .... country crock
  • TheUnwritten
    TheUnwritten Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Raviolis out of the can without warming up. Peanut butter sandwiches with maple syrup. Flamin Hot Cheetos with lemon and salt (yep more sodium lol).
  • rlwinton
    rlwinton Posts: 101
    Options
    As a kid, I was completely addicted to Dr. Pepper, I mean, to the point I drank 8-12 cans A DAY....still the hardest one to kick! When I have children, I hope to not pass that one down....!!
  • alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    My different foods could not touch each other, and I ate all of one before I'd start another.

I still do this
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid, it was a real treat for me to eat the crispy, crunchy tails and fins of my mom's pan-fried trout. These days, the idea almost gags me.

Something that I really love is a navy-bean sandwich. Or chili-bean sandwich. One slice of bread, buttered, then spread cold navy-beans or chili-beans on it, fold over. Yumm!!
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Eating right, stopping when I was full, not eating unhealthy foods very often, exercising a ton, never thinking about food... such a strange, strange kid I was :wink: