Crazy food habit you had as a kid

Options

Replies

• momof2kids2012
    Options
    I would eat globs of cold spaghetti...it tasted even better if a bunch was stuck together!
  • lisapisa1
    lisapisa1 Posts: 115
    Options
    I use to eat just bread and ketchup and mashed potatoes and ketchup (which I still do to this day). Perhaps I have an obsession with ketchup, I do put it on my eggs still as well.

Also I would eat McDonald's cheeseburgers by eating the patty and cheese without the bun. Then I would put fries on the bun with ketchup and eat a 'fry burger."
  • bafarb
    bafarb Posts: 42
    Options
    Crushed up saltine crackers with half and half in a big bowl was a comfort food my grannie got me started on. I still crave it when I'm not feeling good. Now, I eat 7 or 8 saltines and a half a cup of skim milk, instead of a whole sleeve of crackers and 2 cups of half and half. (about 800 fewer calories per serving, my way)
  • k9runner1963
    k9runner1963 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hotdogs with peanut butter
  • isweatglitter
    Options
    Hot Cheetos with whole milk
  • DameVenus
    DameVenus Posts: 70
    Options
    I used to eat mayo and cheese sandwiches.
  • TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    A big slice of bread with watered sugar on top.. I know weird right :D
  • krisrpaz
    krisrpaz Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I really liked going to fast food restaurants not because of the food, but because I liked drinking those little coffee creamer cups like shooters...lol

THANK YOU!!! I thought I was the only one....my husband thinks I'm super weird.
  • IHeartNewMe
    IHeartNewMe Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Crushed up saltine crackers with half and half in a big bowl was a comfort food my grannie got me started on. I still crave it when I'm not feeling good. Now, I eat 7 or 8 saltines and a half a cup of skim milk, instead of a whole sleeve of crackers and 2 cups of half and half. (about 800 fewer calories per serving, my way)

I remember my grandma serving this to me as a kid, but it was saltines and evaporated milk. Maybe it was a cheap cereal during the depression era. LOL!
  • kfitzpa
    kfitzpa Posts: 326
    Options
    I used to eat "bologna rolls" which was basically slices of bologna filled with mayo like little burritos, the idea of it now makes me want to ralph.
  • w_i_n_d_y
    w_i_n_d_y Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Crazy food habits I still have:

I usually eat all of one food on my plate before I go onto the next.
    My food can't touch each other.
    I love applesauce and rice mixed up together.
  • spynoodle
    spynoodle Posts: 404
    Options
    My brother and I would drip water drops into the Tang container and eat the hardened Tang when they dried.
  • woman1961
    woman1961 Posts: 23
    Options
    growing up i hated peas i liked tuna but now its the other way around now i love peas and cant stand tuna i also use to sit down and eat a whole bag of chips at a time
  • lizzzylou
    lizzzylou Posts: 325
    Options
    hashbrowns and grape jelly. Yum! Wait a second...i still eat that :)
  • GroupXZ
    GroupXZ Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Eating cheese and crackers with a little bit of mustard on top. Eating a PB sandwich with a nice glass of ice cold milk to dip it in. Eating counter clockwise:drinker: I still do most of these.
  • alexbelly
    alexbelly Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I like cheerios with raisin bran and chocolate milk.
  • lizzzylou
    lizzzylou Posts: 325
    Options
    I love applesauce and rice mixed up together.

That is delicious!
  • alexbelly
    Options
    Lipton chicken noodles on cheese pizza. I admit, occasionally, I still enjoy that to this day
  • krisrpaz
    krisrpaz Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    My different foods could not touch each other, and I ate all of one before I'd start another.

same here!! LOL

Me too! Still the same way.
  • alexbelly
    Options

I remember my grandma serving this to me as a kid, but it was saltines and evaporated milk. Maybe it was a cheap cereal during the depression era. LOL!

^^ Yup, my gramma used to give us evaporated milks & saltines.. I almost forgot about that :o)