Long Distance Relationship

Options

Replies

• MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    How do you yall feel about this for it or against?

Eventually someone will need to move, or it's break-up time.

*I started my relationship long distance, and we just got to the point where we didn't want to go a day without being together, so I moved in.:heart::heart: :heart:
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    For me it really doesn't matter as long as there is sincerity, sacrifice & extra patience between the two of you. I'm into one right now.
  • o0IrishEyes0o
    o0IrishEyes0o Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I was in a long distance relationship for 3 years.

We are getting married in 3 weeks :)
  • k_sharp
    k_sharp Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan but I do it because I love my husband and can't imagine life without him! Do to his job we have spent a majority of our six year marriage living apart. We have two kids now and it is hard because he misses out on so much! My daughter is three and my husband has only been around about 9 months of her life :( the kids know that daddy loves them and will be home when he can! We make it work because we love each other! I support him and his career and just know that one day we won't have to do this anymore!
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    They usually don't workout in the long run, unless one or the other decides to move closer to the other.

But that's just MY opinion, I like having someone to cuddle with, hold hands with.. etc etc. Not just someone to talk on the phone or skype with. :smile:
  • mickeygirliegirl
    mickeygirliegirl Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    If I met the right person, I would deal with it. Would I be entirely happy? Nope. But I'd strive to make it work if I wanted to be with the person and if I knew there would be an end to the distance in the future.
  • RisyaLifsheTova
    RisyaLifsheTova Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I have been together for 4.5 years. In August he took a big step and is attending Law School in California. We decided that his first year would be incredibly busy and that it would be easier for us to have him live out there and me stay here in Colorado while he attends his first year. But we make it work. Since August I drove out there to help him move then flown back, went out there again in October, we meet up at his moms for Thanksgiving in November, he was out here for winter break in December/January, went out there again at the end of Jaunary, March went to visit him. Now im flying out there again on Sunday to look for OUR new apartment. So I believe if we can survive the first year of Law School, and a long distance relationship anyone can! We talk on the phone at least four to five times a day lol. The best part is it never gets old. We always have something to say, even if it's not a full conversation but a quick hello and I love you. That's enough for us. He calls me when he's headed into class, and calls me just to say good night :) So yes I am all for long distance!!! But like someone said above there should be talk of a future moving together and so forth :) Im moving out there next month :) even though he will be attending an externship in El Paso, which we discussed and I could have gone out there for. But decided it was better to get moved out there and work since I will be transferring. Instead of taking a 2 month leave of absense to be with him in El Paso :) I will get to see him for 2 weeks when the court system has a summer break. Man I love my man! Wouldnt change it for the world. It has made our relationship a million times better then it already was....Sorry for the long rant! Im just really excited about how him and I made this work. It deffintly takes two to make it work.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Im an attention *kitten* and a sexual being....I need constant loving. Wouldn't work on my end
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    It depends on who need each person is. My boyfriend lives an hour and a half away from me. Between his early 4am-10am work schedule, two full days of classes every week and my 8-5 job, we only get to see each other on weekends. IT SUCKS! This week I got sick and he wanted to come comfort me, I wanted him to come take care of me but it just wasn't an option without him missing 4 classes and work. Also, only getting sex two days a week kind of sucks.

5 more weeks until he transfers and we started dating the end of last summer. If it were any longer, I don't know we could make it last.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Since I am military and travel a lot, the ability to maintain a long distance relationshp is a must. Sure, I would rather have someone here with me all the time but that's not realistic until I retire.

I have no problem with long distance relationships as long as we maximize use of technology to keep in touch and constantly re-affirm our affection for one another.
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I had one a long time ago and we made it work by calling each other almost everyday and we saw each other monthly (he lived in Northern Virginia and I lived in Philly). The relationship ended, but it was not related to the distance, but other factors. They can work if both people are willing to work on it.
  • RisyaLifsheTova
    RisyaLifsheTova Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Im an attention *kitten* and a sexual being....I need constant loving. Wouldn't work on my end

Although this may be true to most of us...let me tell you something. The sex gets so much better!!! When you can't have it as much as your use to or when you want it. OMG Sex is so much more HARDCORE when you do see each other lol
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options

Although this may be true to most of us...let me tell you something. The sex gets so much better!!! When you can't have it as much as your use to or when you want it. OMG Sex is so much more HARDCORE when you do see each other lol

This is so f*cking true.
  • gnee86
    gnee86 Posts: 1
    Options
    I used to think they were crazy and that people who had them were insane. No way could LDR work. Then I met this guy online......he lived in Maryland and I lived in Ohio. We had a LDR for a year and made it work well. The times you get to physically see each other I think you appreciate so much more because you know it's a brief visit and you'll be missing them terribly until next time. We've been together for almost 11 years now, married for 8 and have had 4 children together.
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Since I am military and travel a lot, the ability to maintain a long distance relationshp is a must. Sure, I would rather have someone here with me all the time but that's not realistic until I retire.

I have no problem with long distance relationships as long as we maximize use of technology to keep in touch and constantly re-affirm our affection for one another.

What she said, except I'm not military, just travel a lot.

I've tried it before and it didn't work out. But that was more on her insecurities and trust issues which were far more heightened long distance. But not opposed to doing it again.
  • BuckeyeBoi
    BuckeyeBoi Posts: 233 Member
    Options

I concur that
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    For it! thats how I met my husband! :heart:
  • cllovesdw4eva
    Options
    @Carl - best.reply.ever

@Buckeye - As long as there is honesty and overcommunication it most certainly can work. I am personally against it because Im not really much of a phone person and Im very visual and affectionate, so if she really was that special (as my wife was), there would be a LOT of traveling..........I will admit though, its cool to have love waiting for you as a reason to travel :).
  • lizzue
    lizzue Posts: 276 Member
    Options

This is so f*cking true.

I need me a long distance relationship!! :tongue:
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I couldn't date someone that it would take me a plane to get to them. Say they live an hour away and I had a REALLY bad day, I could hop in the car and be with them within a reasonable amount of time.

Anything beyond that isn't for me....especially if sex is involved....:devil: