Couch to 5K anyone?!? We start on monday!

Options

Replies

• annerssju
    annerssju Posts: 111
    Options
    DONE!! Week 1 day 1 is finished!! I actually even went further than recommended... once I got into it, it wasn't bad at all :) Thanks so much for the support everyone:happy:
  • dwnjjugalette
    Options
    Can I still get in on this action?! I downloaded suz's podcast, and my iPod is updating as we speak. It's my first day on here, and already I have workout buddies!!

welcome aboard! You will find that MFP is a great website. We are all here to suppport each other. Good luck! And let any of us know if you need help with anything on the site, i am sure that someone in here will be able to help you out.
  • dwnjjugalette
    Options
    DONE!! Week 1 day 1 is finished!! I actually even went further than recommended... once I got into it, it wasn't bad at all :) Thanks so much for the support everyone:happy:

Congrats! Just remember what they say on coolrunning, don't push yourself too far even if you feel you can, you will build up to where you want to be. in order to build a great tower, you must first have a great foundation. Think of these first few weeks as a great foundation and the tower (the GREAT end result) will start to build up before you know it!
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options

Congrats! Just remember what they say on coolrunning, don't push yourself too far even if you feel you can, you will build up to where you want to be. in order to build a great tower, you must first have a great foundation. Think of these first few weeks as a great foundation and the tower (the GREAT end result) will start to build up before you know it!

Dwnjjugalette, thank you for starting this group. I wanted to try the C24K but was afraid to try. Your confidence, and support made me gift it a go! I'm looking forward to being here in weeks to come, all of us celebrating our successes!
  • pinkpoole
    Options
    Day 1 in the bag!! I didn't think I could run that far without being chased!

Any advice on how I should log this in my excercise thingy ?
  • dwnjjugalette
    Options

Dwnjjugalette, thank you for starting this group. I wanted to try the C24K but was afraid to try. Your confidence, and support made me gift it a go! I'm looking forward to being here in weeks to come, all of us celebrating our successes!

No problem! I appreciate your thanks! I am glad you are doing this with us! If we all work together as a team, we can do anything! I just wish we all lived close enough to go on our runs together :sad: But who knows, we could all become marathon runners and meet each other in person at some big national marathon haha! you never know! Great job on your first runs everyone! keep it up! You can do it!!!
  • dwnjjugalette
    Options
    Day 1 in the bag!! I didn't think I could run that far without being chased!

Any advice on how I should log this in my excercise thingy ?

haha oh do i know that feeling.
  • Autti1022
    Options
    Hi ladies. I just found this site today. Would it be okay if I joined? I did W1D1 when I found this site.
  • ClassiC
    ClassiC Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    W1D1 down!!!!!!! congrats everyone:flowerforyou:

i've gotta say, i found the walking harder than the running....was hard to keep a fast pace after a few runs lol... the suz podcast got me thru tho!!

on to day 2!!
  • ClassiC
    Options

No problem! I appreciate your thanks! I am glad you are doing this with us! If we all work together as a team, we can do anything! I just wish we all lived close enough to go on our runs together :sad: But who knows, we could all become marathon runners and meet each other in person at some big national marathon haha! you never know! Great job on your first runs everyone! keep it up! You can do it!!!

that sounds like a great plan to work towards!!!i'm planning on doing the 3 day walk for breast cancer next october:flowerforyou:
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    wheeze wheeze pant pant whew .........W1D1 ~ done.......gonna die!! :tongue:

Clark , nice shirt man!! lol! :laugh: no clue how to log c25k in our workouts.

C'mon gang....only 4 of us done this morning and posting! Where is everyone that
    wanted to be part of this???!!! :ohwell:

All I gotta say is we should all buy stock in deodorant companies and soap companies!!
    It's gonna be a stinky time!! :bigsmile:

Pam:flowerforyou:

i did smell rank afterwards, i won't lie. i wanted to just sit and relax and im like 'can't...must...shower!' so i showered and then laid down and watched HOUSE!
  • foxyforce
    Options
    i just wanted to say, for those who don't normally jog or run. (i am running c25k, i guess it is optional which one you do) but when i started jogging a few months ago, m y calves would kill!

it is totally important to stretch after

a great stretch i learned from a great member on mfp is to
    face a wall, put your toes of one leg on the wall, and lean forward with your hips...i don't know if this is a good description, you will know if you are doing it right cause it feels really really good. this WILL stop your calves from hurting hours or days later, trust me!
  • dwnjjugalette
    Options
    Hi ladies. I just found this site today. Would it be okay if I joined? I did W1D1 when I found this site.

Anyone can join at anytime doll, Welcome Aboard!

This thread is about support, no matter where we are in the program, i just decided that I was going to start today and tried to motivate people to do the same. I am glad it worked out this well. Congratulations again everyone, for taking that initial step to building your tower!!! (read previous post to understand what i mean by that)

New Favorite Quote: Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!

Thought i would share that, my mom keeps saying that and it is sooooo true.
  • dwnjjugalette
    Options

that sounds like a great plan to work towards!!!i'm planning on doing the 3 day walk for breast cancer next october:flowerforyou:

A good goal for all of us. Who's in for next October?! (a little soon I know, but hey, its never to early to plan for your future right?)
  • ClassiC
    Options
    woohoo!! go group!!

positive thought for today's run:

“ Faith is the bird that feels the light and sings while the dawn is still dark.”
    -Anonymous-

(¨`·.·´ ¨) Always
    `·.¸(¨ `·.·´ ¨) Keep
    (¨ `·.· ´¨)¸.·´ Smiling!
    `·.¸.·´

keep the faith that even if we cant go as far or as fast as we'd like to right now, we will keep at it & our effforts will pay off with a final run after we complete the program & yes, maybe even meet up for a walk!! woohoo!!! feel the light c25k-ers!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • jdp21
    jdp21 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I incidentally stumbled upon this, and coincidentally I had just taken jogging back up again today. Count me in on this. Haha. Although now I know to take it a bit slower...! :-) Instead of pushing myself that extra minute.
  • maddiebabe
    maddiebabe Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    AWwww i am so excited for everyone for takign that first step yesterday (or today) and I think its just so awesome!!! I cant wait to see/hear about everyones runs each week! Week 4 is killing me! I am finding the 5min runs really hard. My calves kill by the middle of it, and i stretch after running so Im not really sure what it is. I have even tried stretching just before the run parts too, just to loosen the calves up.

any suggestions?
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options

a great stretch i learned from a great member on mfp is to
    face a wall, put your toes of one leg on the wall, and lean forward with your hips...i don't know if this is a good description, you will know if you are doing it right cause it feels really really good. this WILL stop your calves from hurting hours or days later, trust me!

I've got happy calves. It's my upper thighs and shins - I'm going to have to be careful about shin splits I think. I've heard walking/jogging backwards helps
  • annerssju
    annerssju Posts: 111
    Options
    Hi all,
    Mallory REALLY thank you for starting this thread. I feel so good after my walk/run yesterday, I woke up with so much energy this morning and am actually excited to do day 2! Good luck to EVERYBODY!! I know we can all do it!
    ~Anne
  • foxyforce
    Options
    AWwww i am so excited for everyone for takign that first step yesterday (or today) and I think its just so awesome!!! I cant wait to see/hear about everyones runs each week! Week 4 is killing me! I am finding the 5min runs really hard. My calves kill by the middle of it, and i stretch after running so Im not really sure what it is. I have even tried stretching just before the run parts too, just to loosen the calves up.

any suggestions?

don't stretch before, by warming up you don't want to relax the muscles.

did you try the stretch i suggested earlier...face the wall, toes on it for one leg at a time, lean forward...youll know you're doing it right if you feel it, it really really works.

do it asap after you jog!

i hurt one of my calves the other day by not streching it properly, still hurts, lasts foreverrrr