I'm the only person who knows....

Options
Shannon023
Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
that you're supposed to merge onto a highway matching the speed of traffic.

Everyone else in Colorado believes you're supposed to go 10-20 mph slower. :explode:

What's your secret knowledge??? :smokin:

Replies

• the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    The ability to properly manipulate that little stick on the steering column that makes the lights on the left side or right side of my car flash to indicate I plan on moving that direction!

JM
  • Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    There's this thing only I know about...

The brake is on the left & the gas is on the right.

Maybe I should share with the rest of the world! :bigsmile:
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    ... that cyclists have to stop at red lights
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I'm the only one who knows that the top of the escalator is not really the best place to stop and plan your next move.
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    that you're supposed to merge onto a highway matching the speed of traffic.

Everyone else in Colorado believes you're supposed to go 10-20 mph slower. :explode:

What's your secret knowledge??? :smokin:
    And likewise, that you merge WHEN you can merge w/o cutting the existing traffic off! It's a turn signal, not just a free license to cut everyone off! :mad:
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    When the light is green, you can move forward.

A large percentage of people in my town slow or even come to a complete stop at green lights. When I first moved here, I thought it might be some strange city law, but no, it's just a weird quirk of the drivers here. How did this get started? Did one or two people start regularly treating green lights like stop signs and it just caught on?
  • Froggy1976
    Froggy1976 Posts: 472
    Options
    That there is actually room for two shopping carts to fit down the aisle of a grocery store if you stick to one side or the other.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I'm the only one who knows that the house never gets messy if you just put *kitten* away when you're done with it.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    That your safe word should not be "more"!:grumble:

TMI?:embarassed:
  • TankGirl71
    TankGirl71 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    That pedestrians do not ALWAYS have the right of way, contrary to urban legend. Especially when they leap out in front of a car in a 45 mph zone with no crosswalk in sight.
  • Shannon023
    Options
    When the light is green, you can move forward.

A large percentage of people in my town slow or even come to a complete stop at green lights. When I first moved here, I thought it might be some strange city law, but no, it's just a weird quirk of the drivers here. How did this get started? Did one or two people start regularly treating green lights like stop signs and it just caught on?

Ooooooh.... I hate it when people slow down for green lights??? I....don't.....get.....it...... :explode: :noway:
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    WHY THE FRICK DO PEOPLE DO THAT HERE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!??

I'm the only person that knows how to load the dishwasher at my house.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    cheap aerosol (spelling?) hair spray gets ANYTHING out of clothes... including permanent marker.
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I'm the only person that knows that when you're grocery shopping you don't park your frikkin cart in the middle of the aisle AS IF THERE ARE NO OTHER HUMANS ON THIS EARTH that *might* want to actually get past you!!!
  • DsAdvocate
    DsAdvocate Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    That your safe word should not be "more"!:grumble:

LOL
  • Shannon023
    Options
    I'm the only one who knows that the top of the escalator is not really the best place to stop and plan your next move.

:laugh:
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I know that cars in Miami are not sold with turn signals standard apparently.
  • Ireshgurl
    Ireshgurl Posts: 559
    Options
    I'm the only one who knows that the house never gets messy if you just put *kitten* away when you're done with it.

*GASP* someone else DOES know this!!!!!!

I think I'm the only one that knows that there is such a thing as a sidewalk...... people down here like to just walk out into the street even if there's a HUGE truck coming. Big Bertha does not stop so well.......
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    WHY THE FRICK DO PEOPLE DO THAT HERE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!??

I'm the only person that knows how to load the dishwasher at my house.
    [/quote

and UNLOAD it.
  • JodieElijah
    JodieElijah Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I feel like i'm the only person who knows how to enter and exit a roundabout properly.