Getting in shape for the zombie apocalypse

Options

Replies

• hazev74
    hazev74 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    me def. ive been watching so much zombie things over the years i can do it..weapon of choice chainsaw.
  • Chrisborro
    Options
    All i need to do is take my hubby's shoes off his feet and everything runs
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I'm not only getting in shape, I bought me a machete :)
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    you can run... and you can shoot all you want...but eventually you have to eat. The only way you'll survive the zombie apocalypse is if you grow your own food in your safehouse. Time to start reading some agriculture books.
  • smallerman
    smallerman Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm training to protect my family!!
  • Mcctin65
    Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    That's exactly why I am working on my running game! I need to be able to out run more people.
    Shooting skills are good, have 2 shelters in the woods started for when the SHTF. Need some hand to hand combat practice.. but running must be top on my list.. they are not eating my brains. I need them.
  • chefkev
    chefkev Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    this really is the best reason.... or to be a really fit zombie so you are faster and stronger than the others...
  • smallerman
    smallerman Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Getting in shape for the apocalypse is surly a great thing to do :) I say what ever motivates you do it :)
    WARNING: I'm about to burst your doomsday bubble for all you doomsdayers out there-
    There have been about 514 Leap Years since Caesar created it in 45BC. Without the extra day every 4 years, today should be July 28th, 2013.
    Also, the Mayan calendar did not account for leap year.... so technically the world should have ended about 7 months ago.

If they could see the future, I'm sure they took this into account. But hey, maybe your skepticism will affect the taste of your brain, making you a less desirable target...
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    my friend said to me the other day, "I hate running. The only reason I see to run is if there are zombies chasing after me. So I run" She then says "I saw the ad for the Run For Your Lives event and I had to eat my words and sign up" It's good practice I guess!
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    lol@all of you trying to fight the inevitable. as soon as the break out happens i am getting myself infected and joining the winning side.
  • fozzie500
    fozzie500 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    chainsaw...check,gaffer tape....check.......hang on.......goes to return electric chainsaw for petrol one....
  • greeneyedredneckangel
    Options
    prepper nice
  • Quiing
    Quiing Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I gotta hurry up and get a blackbelt in something so I can kick some zombie booty...
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    My theory is this: Zombies eat brains. Drinking kills brain cells. I figure, it will be a LOT easier to just kill of the brain cells and not seem so tasty to the zombies. So, you "smart people" can run. I will be safe drooling in the corner. Plus I am keeping track of who is stocking up on supplies so I can run into the yard, make a noise, forcing you to peek out the window, start flashing everyone, and take out the people in the house so I can just reap the benefits of THEIR hard work. Boobs and Booze....... That is my plan.
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Rule No. 1 - Cardio!

I disagree. Rule 1 should be HiiT, preferably sprint training. In the early days we are going to need to be able to sprint to malls and shops, avoiding the slow moving zombies, grab what we need and get the hell out quickly. Long steady cardio isn't going to cut it. We need anaerobic conditioning first. Bursts of speed followed by rapid recovery.

Rule 2 should be cardio. Then 3 strength (cutting through states of the unread with a baseball bat is going to mean stamina and strength).
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I'd also say that running is going to be secondary to cycling. On a bike you can move rust as quietly but faster and you can carry more. You're less manoeuvrable and more visible but in the worst case you can ditch the bike and continue on foot.
  • whiplashpcw
    whiplashpcw Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    As good a reason as any to get in great shape and I already have my katana ready. :)
  • ebenso1
    ebenso1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I say this all the time! I often wonder if I could survive the zombie apocalypse. I am working super hard at getting in shape to swing that axe!
  • doggiesnot
    doggiesnot Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Remember folks, sprinting > cardio for the zombie apocalypse!

http://nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/01/17/how-to-survive-a-zombie-apocalypse/

Also,
    - Aim for the head
    - Conserve your ammo
    - Chainsaws are your friend

You just have to make it to the safehouse! :wink:
  • baby_lovin_060206
    baby_lovin_060206 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am so in, I find myself looking at the people in Walmart and I think to myself "you wouldn't last long." lol